Should the Patriots have kept Givens?

Should the Patriots have kept Givens?

There are 6 comments on the The Boston Globe story from Mar 19, 2006, titled Should the Patriots have kept Givens?. In it, The Boston Globe reports that:

RON BORGES The Patriots' efforts to re-sign David Givens were limited by the fact that whatever he was paid would have become the floor for whatever No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Boston Globe.

CRYSTAL CANIGLIA

Smithfield, RI

#1 Mar 31, 2006
I THINK THE PATS SHOULD FO KEPT DG HE IS A GREAT PLAYER AND THATS WERE I THINK HE SHOULD HAVE STAYED, BUT NO MATTER WHAT I WILL ALWAYS BE A DG FAN WERE EVER HE GOES AND I WILL ALWAYS BE A PATS FAN. NOW HES JUST TO FAR AWAY FOR ME TO SEE AT THE TRAINING CAMP :(
Dante

Chaparral, NM

#2 Apr 4, 2006
Givens was....good, but he wasnt the best, Troy Brown and Deion Branch were better, and there are many WO with Givens talents, its sad to see him go, but it wont affect the Patriots offense
Bronco_fan

Boulder, CO

#3 Aug 6, 2006
Dante wrote:
Givens was....good, but he wasnt the best, Troy Brown and Deion Branch were better, and there are many WO with Givens talents, its sad to see him go, but it wont affect the Patriots offense
No Givens, no double threat at wide reciever, Ben Watson becomes a blocker, and the passing game struggles. Patriots go 12 and 4 with an easy schedule then lose to the Broncos in the playoffs.
bigpatsfan

Weymouth, MA

#4 Aug 8, 2006
I agree deion is better but troy brown is not an every down receiver at his age.
Dante wrote:
Ron Johnson

United States

#5 Aug 31, 2006
Billy Volek has waited his time.The Titans want to and need to win and they feel like Kerry Collins is the person they can do that with,it can't be that bad being the back up to K.C.the way i understand it,is that back up QB's still get paid big bucks,so stop crying Billy and just play ball!!!!
Ron Johnson

United States

#6 Aug 31, 2006
The Patroits are going to play a two tightend scheme this year,which would have taken away from givens,so letting him go was the best thing for him and the team.Cheers to the Patriots for letting Givens shine elsewhere!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Givens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tennessee Titans Face Multi-Million Dollar Laws... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Bad News 51
News Ravin' about Mason Baltimore knows he was a goo... (Jan '09) Jan '09 YepToo 2
News NewsChannel 5.com Nashville, Tennessee - Titans... (Jan '08) Jan '08 test 1
News Titans Agree to Terms With Eric Moulds (Jul '07) Jul '07 Hank 1
News NFL Draft: Titans have high hopes for 10 picks (Apr '07) Apr '07 Classmate from Ma... 1
News Suspension could cost Jones $182K a game (Apr '07) Apr '07 Diamond Jim 1
News Titans cut Henry; Bennett signs with Rams (Mar '07) Mar '07 Titansfan83 14
More from around the web