Despite scoring troubles, Fisher sees...

Despite scoring troubles, Fisher sees offensive improvement

There are 3 comments on the Nashville City Paper story from Aug 27, 2006, titled Despite scoring troubles, Fisher sees offensive improvement. In it, Nashville City Paper reports that:

Jeff Fisher insists he's seen improvement from the Tennessee Titans offense the past three weeks even though those improvements haven't shown up in the stat sheet or on the scoreboard through three exhibition ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nashville City Paper.

james stricklin

AOL

#1 Aug 28, 2006
did i hear right , improve ments ,well lets list them sall we. first a play that could have scored a touch down was called back on ben truope
,secon the offensive lineman ,zack pillar held the defender ,or what ever it was screwd up the play , third albert haynesworth {the only guy that admitted to a mistake } and last but not leats the intercept that vince threw . just today everybody on cold pizza said jay cutler was the best
qb in the nfl as a rookie i did not here one mention of young anywhere on there show ,htey said he was unsure
of himself .
jessemarr

Allentown, PA

#2 Aug 29, 2006
When did the guys on cold pizza become the God's of the NFL. Those old washed up commentators comments are their own biased 1960's opinion about quaterbacks. The guys on BET said that Vince Young was the best Quaterback in the draft.
Jeff - La Quinta Ca

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#3 Aug 30, 2006
Volek is getting the shaft. He waited his time, stayed loyal to the team as a quality back-up and didn't leave for greener pastures. When he did start he put up great numbers, though the rest of the team was collapsing around him. He has been constrained in the preseason to a moronic game plan and the receivers have handled the ball as if it was a hot potato.
Mark my words. Collins comes in, starts and does well a few games then the surrounding players (offensive line) fail and he ends up looking like a has been. Billy, the loyal one with at lot of upside asks for a trade and should get one. Vince Young comes in later this year and starts, but he has to run for his life. He will put up lots of scrambling yards but in the end with not look like the messiah afterall.
Good luck Billy you deserved better. You were handed a bill of goods and lied to. Once Young got drafted there was no intention of keeping you as a starter more than a couple games. I hope you go somewhere that believes in the skills you have and is able to surround you with a decent o-line and receivers. Again, good luck and God speed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Givens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tennessee Titans Face Multi-Million Dollar Laws... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Bad News 51
News Ravin' about Mason Baltimore knows he was a goo... (Jan '09) Jan '09 YepToo 2
News NewsChannel 5.com Nashville, Tennessee - Titans... (Jan '08) Jan '08 test 1
News Titans Agree to Terms With Eric Moulds (Jul '07) Jul '07 Hank 1
News NFL Draft: Titans have high hopes for 10 picks (Apr '07) Apr '07 Classmate from Ma... 1
News Suspension could cost Jones $182K a game (Apr '07) Apr '07 Diamond Jim 1
News Titans cut Henry; Bennett signs with Rams (Mar '07) Mar '07 Titansfan83 14