Jets ink Garrard, but coach says Sanchez still starter

Mar 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Post

The Jets brought in some competition for Mark Sanchez yesterday, but it sounds as if he's still the favorite to be the starting quarterback in September.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Mar 12, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

I guess that spells the end for the teblow era in NYC. That really says something, a former Heisman winner can't beat out a rookie and gets replaced by a washed up QB who hasn't played for 2 years. Next stop....the Edmonton Eskimoes. He can ride the bench up there for a couple of years
Tebow the jockstrap Jesus

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

When your starter is Sanchez, and your backup qb can park in one of the stadium's handicap spots, you know your season is lost.

Teblow humpers, your boy lost out to THIS CRAP. Put that in your pipes and smoke it.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
I guess that spells the end for the teblow era in NYC. That really says something, a former Heisman winner can't beat out a rookie and gets replaced by a washed up QB who hasn't played for 2 years. Next stop....the Edmonton Eskimoes. He can ride the bench up there for a couple of years
Yo LBF, a lot of CFL people are saying that TT would have an even harder time there due to the league being a pass first style. The fields are also much bigger and TT wouldn't be able to make the throws since he can't even do it consistently on the NFL's narrower fields.

He could be out of football entirely.

I mean, I know why he's trying to stay in the NFL because it grants him the platform to evangelize as he's said himself but if his true calling is evangelizing as he says why not just quit being a hypocrite and go away and evangelize? The ass is trying to have his cake and eat it too.

“So long to you, Righties”

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

They'll give Sanchez another year, based mostly on that contract. If he's still mediocre, or falls off even more, he'll be gone. If he can play, Garrard would be a decent backup, though his back's been an issue.

Likely they'll have it a little easier next year without the Tebow Circus in town. They'll see what they can get for him before they'd dump him, but he's gone.
Jesus is just allright

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Teblow will be pimping Christian Rock CDs on late night informercials soon enough, and he will be damn good at it too. He'll be just fine without football.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Tebow the jockstrap Jesus wrote:
When your starter is Sanchez, and your backup qb can park in one of the stadium's handicap spots, you know your season is lost.
Teblow humpers, your boy lost out to THIS CRAP. Put that in your pipes and smoke it.
To be fair to Tebow, it was clear Ryan was NEVER going to play him. He'd have put himself in at QB instead of playing Timmy boy!

Heh
Jockitch Jesus

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair to Tebow, it was clear Ryan was NEVER going to play him. He'd have put himself in at QB instead of playing Timmy boy!
Heh
If Ryan passes twice as good as he coaches, he will still suck at being a QB.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo LBF, a lot of CFL people are saying that TT would have an even harder time there due to the league being a pass first style. The fields are also much bigger and TT wouldn't be able to make the throws since he can't even do it consistently on the NFL's narrower fields.
He could be out of football entirely.
I mean, I know why he's trying to stay in the NFL because it grants him the platform to evangelize as he's said himself but if his true calling is evangelizing as he says why not just quit being a hypocrite and go away and evangelize? The ass is trying to have his cake and eat it too.
It would be harder for him to throw the ball out of bounds on a screen pass because the field is bigger. He'll stay in the NFL because that's his bully pulpit AND his legion of followers don't want to admit they are following a loser, or rather a quitter. He has no choice but to try to hang on with any team willing to exchange season tickets for the wrath that follows the prodigal benchwarmer around

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Garrard is healthy and a better QB than Sanchez....No more butt fumbles.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Jockitch Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
If Ryan passes twice as good as he coaches, he will still suck at being a QB.
Very true. But his ego might be big enough to make him go out there...:)
Foot Fetish Coaching

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Garrard is healthy and a better QB than Sanchez....No more butt fumbles.....
Healthy..for right now. The guy hasn't been healthy for the two previous seasons. When healthy, he is substantially better than Sanchez.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent David Garrard Discussions

Search the David Garrard Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
No Huddle - For The Love Of God, Jets.Edition (Nov '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Matt Simms says he's learning while being Geno ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Retired QB open to comeback with Vikings (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
Rex to Belichick: 'Not true!' Jets also pushed (Oct '13) Oct '13 Rexfeet 2
Miami Dolphins vs. Atlanta Falcons: Watch Live ... (Aug '12) Oct '13 AjHerokqw1 13
Sanchez Or Geno? Jets' QB Battle Not Close To B... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jetssuck 6
Why Is Ben Obomanu Wearing No. 15 For New York ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••