Giants tackle playing like real Diehl...

Giants tackle playing like real Diehl on offense -

There are 3 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 2, 2007, titled Giants tackle playing like real Diehl on offense -. In it, Newsday reports that:

While David Diehl was quietly shutting down Eagles defensive end Trent Cole on Sunday night, two other events had transpired or were transpiring in the world of left tackles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

dud dew

Maxatawny, PA

#1 Oct 2, 2007
Very sorry to hear about Luke. I hope he heals well, for his long-term sake. But those of us who thought it a wise move on Jerry's part pointed to Luke's propensity to get hurt - and that doesn't generally go away as any human being, let alone an NFL left tackle, ages....
Kerri Gibson

Lake Ariel, PA

#2 Oct 3, 2007
dud dew wrote:
Very sorry to hear about Luke. I hope he heals well, for his long-term sake. But those of us who thought it a wise move on Jerry's part pointed to Luke's propensity to get hurt - and that doesn't generally go away as any human being, let alone an NFL left tackle, ages....
I'm sorry he got hurt too- but over the past few seasons, with his propensity for injury and for getting called for fale starts, I think Reese made the right decision.
there have been WAY fewer penalties this year- at least stupid false start ones....
Gmen Lvr

Pleasanton, CA

#3 Oct 3, 2007
Reese had no other option but to move Diehl. He waited out free agency without a move, did not draft anyone and by the time training camp rolled around Dave was the most versatile guy on the line. He is holding his own and doing great.
Kiwanuka? Has anyone watched him line up at linebacker? He doesn't even get that right half the time. Reese should be fired for turning an outstanding defensive end and first round pick into a go-to guy for every QB when they need to pick up a first down or a red zone TD. Get his hand back on the ground Jerry. Carlos Emmons never should have been signed in the first place, he corrected his own mistake on that one.
Let's not forget that Jerry was the one in the back room patting Ernie on the back right before he went out to make the public statements to the cameras. Jerry has been with the Giants a long time and been involved in every mistake along the way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Diehl Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giants big chance won't be against a backup QB (Nov '13) Nov '13 steve 1
News Dottino: Out For Revenge, Giants Must Be-Ware C... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Andre 1
News Giants reminded of last year's 44-7 loss to Vik... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Eyeguy81 23
News Beatty continues to adjust to life in the NFL (Dec '10) Dec '10 richie 4
News William Penn grad Will Beatty to start Sunday f... (Nov '10) Nov '10 YC Resident 5
News Resurgent Giants Now Favorite To Win NFC Title (Nov '10) Nov '10 triple6vamp 1
News AWOL McKinnie captures true spirit of meaningle... (Jan '10) Feb '10 No spin zone 111
More from around the web