Giants don't miss beat without cluele...

Giants don't miss beat without clueless Burress

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 1, 2008, titled Giants don't miss beat without clueless Burress. In it, Newsday reports that:

LANDOVER, Md. They're winning games, aiming for another playoff run and demonstrating a reluctance to screw up and accidentally shoot themselves in the foot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Greg Alkalay

New York, NY

#1 Dec 1, 2008
STICK WITH PLAX!
The 2008 Giants are all about TEAM, right? Well, now they have a troubled teammate. Help him through this, maybe suspend him for the season, but help him get his head on straight. Because he is an AMAZING receiver, and I still want him on this team.
Dr Engine

Jackson Heights, NY

#2 Dec 1, 2008
Shaun I can just see you smiling away at all these puns you got to drag out of your desk. Backfire, a good shot, triggered. Ha, ha. Well done. As for Plax, I can't believe he did this to himself and the team. It's unfortunate that opposing teams in the playoffs this year won't have to scheme around Plax, because he is a vital weapon, even when he's not making a lot of grabs during a game. I just realized I used the word weapon. Your puns are contagious Powell!
Anonymous

United States

#3 Dec 1, 2008
See personally i think they needed to keep Plax on Big Blue's offense, but not because of his capabilities. Did anyone noticed the games Plaxico sat out, each of Eli's recievers were a primary one. Instead of having a single Reciever (Plax) he had anywhere up to four of Toomer, Smith, Hixon, Moss, Boss, Manningham. so really the only thing good Plax has done all year is show how good the other recievers are. Now im not bashing him, hes a good reciever, but he's just not going in the right direction, and guys are stepping up in his place and filling his shoes and then some.
DRE

United States

#4 Dec 1, 2008
Forget what it is that you want to happen, we all want something that we can't have. Like Plax for instance, he's asked Santa for a brain this Christmas and we all know he's not going to get one! Let's face it, he's lucky of he can count to eleven without taking his shoes off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Diehl Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giants big chance won't be against a backup QB (Nov '13) Nov '13 steve 1
News Dottino: Out For Revenge, Giants Must Be-Ware C... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Andre 1
News Giants reminded of last year's 44-7 loss to Vik... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Eyeguy81 23
News Beatty continues to adjust to life in the NFL (Dec '10) Dec '10 richie 4
News William Penn grad Will Beatty to start Sunday f... (Nov '10) Nov '10 YC Resident 5
News Resurgent Giants Now Favorite To Win NFC Title (Nov '10) Nov '10 triple6vamp 1
News AWOL McKinnie captures true spirit of meaningle... (Jan '10) Feb '10 No spin zone 111
More from around the web