Giants might use draft for offensive line depth

Full story: Newsday 13
Offensive line might seem like the last position the Giants need worry about. They're heading into their third straight year with the same offensive line, a unit that has started a league-best 32 straight regular-season games together. Full Story
yatqb

Concord, NH

#1 Apr 22, 2009
Alex Mack, please!
Hank theAngryDrunkenD warf

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Apr 22, 2009
Hakeem Nicks
johm70

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Apr 23, 2009
Taking an offensive lineman for the first pick is not going to happen
the first pick is a value pick no sense to make it a need pick. why waste a number one pick when you can take the ol with a later pick.
ny fan

Coram, NY

#4 Apr 23, 2009
I don't get it. Move Diehl to right side? He was the best left tackle Eli has had to date in his career. They ought look more into secondary dbacks rather then worry about the offensive line which has plenty of life
Kev

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Apr 23, 2009
Take the 1st round pick and 3rd rounder and get Braylon Edwards. - Why would you draft a WR in the 1st round, when one of the best is there for the taking. No Plaxo, so Eli needs a big WR. My man Braylon is 6'3''. Let get him and chuck him the rock. - We have many picks this year. The 1st round give up would be a wash with Edwards, so basically we giving up a 3rd rounder to get a pro bowler. Thats just common sense Mr. Reese. Sincerely M. Strahan.
Wolf

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Apr 23, 2009
Draft comments, recommendations, strategies are all over the board; all of us bleed BLUE - lets accept that as a given. Perhaps some thought should also be given to the following very controversial concept: players are picked & traded and draft strategies are crafted not necessarily to win every SB every year. The Giants, Inc. is a corporation looking to be competitive and relevant, which sells tickets, TV rights, etc. and makes money for the Mara's and Tisches. There is so much more we respect in the Giants organization and history than in just the 3 SB's & pre-merger championships they have won. If you buy-in to this concept, then think about what may happen in the next 72 hours...
craig

Yorktown, VA

#7 Apr 23, 2009
Championships are won on the offensive and defensive lines. It is especially hard to throw to that big wr from the seat of your pants!
thegreatone-99

Bronx, NY

#8 Apr 23, 2009
Champions are built in the trenches people! Only fantasy football nerds that want a WR. As for the need for a big target offer the second #2 pick or a third and fifth round for Tony Gonzalez who is sure handed and has the attitude and personality to fit right in with us. Nicks, Heyward-Bey, Harvin, Macklin, Britt all are underclassmen who would take time to adjust to the speed of the NFL.
Espo

Washington, DC

#9 Apr 23, 2009
What about Whimper and the other guys we have drafted or picked up? Are they all just duds?
Andrew

Ridgewood, NY

#10 Apr 23, 2009
I like Alex Mack of California. I know he plays center and Shawn O'Hara is signed through 2012 but O'Hara can always move to guard. Mack is a Nick Mangold type of talent and would be a rock for the Giants after O'Hara is long gone. He's an All-Pro kind of talent apparently.
Overdog

United States

#11 Apr 23, 2009
Good questions Espo...Boothe too. Anyone (TR?) know if they are not seen as 2009 contributors?
Garrett

Little Falls, NJ

#12 Apr 23, 2009
Giants don't mess around or get cute here.

Draft your biggest need which is either WR or LB.
Blue

United States

#13 Apr 24, 2009
You guys know that our calling card is strong DEFENSE first and an efficient if unspectacular offense. We need some athleticism at LB. Trade up and get one of those three studs from USC. BTW, as a Notre Dame fan that pains me to say....but we need the help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Diehl Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Giants big chance won't be against a backup QB (Nov '13) Nov '13 steve 1
Dottino: Out For Revenge, Giants Must Be-Ware C... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Andre 1
Giants reminded of last year's 44-7 loss to Vik... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Eyeguy81 23
Beatty continues to adjust to life in the NFL (Dec '10) Dec '10 richie 4
William Penn grad Will Beatty to start Sunday f... (Nov '10) Nov '10 YC Resident 5
Resurgent Giants Now Favorite To Win NFC Title (Nov '10) Nov '10 triple6vamp 1
AWOL McKinnie captures true spirit of meaningle... (Jan '10) Feb '10 No spin zone 111

David Diehl People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE