Oakland Raiders notebook: Rookie Stef...

Oakland Raiders notebook: Rookie Stefen Wisniewski has fond playoff memories of O.co Coliseum

There are 8 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Aug 10, 2011, titled Oakland Raiders notebook: Rookie Stefen Wisniewski has fond playoff memories of O.co Coliseum. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Rookies don't often have moments of nostalgia, but Stefen Wisniewski is expecting one when the Raiders host the Arizona Cardinals on Thursday night at O.co Coliseum.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#1 Aug 10, 2011
I really look forward to seeing this guy in a Raider uniform. I'll bet he starts somewhere on the OL.

“RAIDERS 2015--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#2 Aug 11, 2011
sounds like he's having a little trouble adapting to the NFL DT's. I'm sure he'll he'll be great....maybe next year. I would love to see him make the O-line this year, though. The big DT's are just too much for him right now it sounds like.

He was at LG but, by his own admission, that doesn't seem to be be too great either (he's used to playing RG).......and I guess Raiders were trying Heyer at LG the other day.
Looks like it might be:

LT-Veldheer
LG-Heyer
C--Satele
RG-Carlisle
RT-Barnes

This seems OK with me...except for RT. Barnes really concerns me. Hopefully, B. Campbell can heal and get in the line up at RT soon.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#3 Aug 11, 2011
jared gaither signs with the cheifs!
see how that turns out? RAIDERS didn't sign him because he didn't pass his phisycal (lower back) same reason the ravens released him!
RAIDERS 2011!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#4 Aug 11, 2011
Zild0405 wrote:
sounds like he's having a little trouble adapting to the NFL DT's. I'm sure he'll he'll be great....maybe next year. I would love to see him make the O-line this year, though. The big DT's are just too much for him right now it sounds like.
He was at LG but, by his own admission, that doesn't seem to be be too great either (he's used to playing RG).......and I guess Raiders were trying Heyer at LG the other day.
Looks like it might be:
LT-Veldheer
LG-Heyer
C--Satele
RG-Carlisle
RT-Barnes
This seems OK with me...except for RT. Barnes really concerns me. Hopefully, B. Campbell can heal and get in the line up at RT soon.
i like the lineup. yea, i wish weisnewski was a starter. but they did say they were going to play the better player for the position regardless. weis is a rookie and he just has to adjust to the nfl thats all. k barnes is a concern to me too but he made it back for a reason AND starting! so? see what happens. thats what preseason is all about!
RAIDERS 2011!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#5 Aug 11, 2011
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
jared gaither signs with the cheifs!
see how that turns out? RAIDERS didn't sign him because he didn't pass his phisycal (lower back) same reason the ravens released him!
RAIDERS 2011!!!
The real question is "Will he make the Cheifs roster now?"

Some West Texas County

#6 Aug 11, 2011
Zild0405 wrote:
Looks like it might be:
LT-Veldheer
LG-Heyer
C--Satele
RG-Carlisle
RT-Barnes
I think Stefan is having trouble because he has to practice against 2 of the NFL's best DTs. I'll bet he cracks the lineup sooner than later this year.

“RAIDERS 2015--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#7 Aug 11, 2011
Yeah, I hope he really shows he's got the stuff in preseason. I was hoping he would make it at LG but.....I must say I kinda like all the veteran experience in the middle of the line--IF this is the line up.

Some West Texas County

#8 Aug 12, 2011
Zild0405 wrote:
Yeah, I hope he really shows he's got the stuff in preseason. I was hoping he would make it at LG but.....I must say I kinda like all the veteran experience in the middle of the line--IF this is the line up.
I was hoping he'd start at Center because I'm not a big fan of Satelle, but like Hue Jackson said "I want the best group of 5 to start and succeed."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Ausberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders sleeper cell: TE David Ausberry (Feb '14) Feb '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 5
News QB Pryor insists he's ready to go (Sep '13) Sep '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 14
News Sio Moore added to Raiders' injury report (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 5
News Raiders G.M. McKenzie says Pryor energizes team... (Sep '13) Sep '13 TexasRaider 9
News Oakland Raiders LT Menelik Watson Limited in Pr... (Sep '13) Sep '13 touchdowntimmybrown 1
News Raiders 2013 Roster Raises Questions About GM M... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Captain Canada 11
News Offensive, defensive lines a concern for Allen (Aug '13) Aug '13 Haleys Commet 7
More from around the web