Oakland Raiders' Positions of Strength Entering 2013

Feb 2, 2013 Full story: BleacherReport 12

After a 4-12 season, the Raiders definitely have a lot of needs on the team to address in either the draft or free agency with the little cap space that they have.

Full Story

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#1 Feb 2, 2013
Didn't even mention Shaughnessy...one of the most solid players on the DL.

I do expect McKenzie to go after Greg Jennings because of the Packer ties despite the fact that I think we are good at WR.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#2 Feb 2, 2013
Jennings is a big injury risk, but would not be a bad addition. I say that because he is good when healthy but if he gets hurt, we've got the depth.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#3 Feb 2, 2013
TexasRaider wrote:
Jennings is a big injury risk, but would not be a bad addition. I say that because he is good when healthy but if he gets hurt, we've got the depth.
Jennings is asking Dolphins to sign him so there is a great chance he ends up in south beach.

vacaville

#4 Feb 2, 2013
I'm not a raider fan at all but I like Shaunesey(sp?) Houston and Seymour up front. I like the flashes of excellence that Huff shows but he needs to be more consistent. Other than those guys I don't see much talent on the D. That is my honest opinion not disrespect. On offense I think Palmer can be THE GUY with a little more time from the o-line and better play calling from the coordinator. I LOVE McFadden when he's healthy. I like Moore a lot and I think Heyward- bay is staring material at WR. I think you guys could use another Tight end also.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#5 Feb 2, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
I'm not a raider fan at all but I like Shaunesey(sp?) Houston and Seymour up front. I like the flashes of excellence that Huff shows but he needs to be more consistent. Other than those guys I don't see much talent on the D. That is my honest opinion not disrespect. On offense I think Palmer can be THE GUY with a little more time from the o-line and better play calling from the coordinator. I LOVE McFadden when he's healthy. I like Moore a lot and I think Heyward- bay is staring material at WR. I think you guys could use another Tight end also.
the_solution, you might not be a RAIDER fan but you sure sound like a RAIDER fan! and you sure fly your colors and stamp like that of a RAIDER fan. better than some of these RAIDER fans coming in here disrespecting others and acting like they know it all. welcome no disrespect taken! and WELL respected.
who's your team? with respect!(lol).
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#6 Feb 2, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
You seem to have better sense than a lot of others on here...plus a more respectable opinion

vacaville

#7 Feb 3, 2013
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>the_solution, you might not be a RAIDER fan but you sure sound like a RAIDER fan! and you sure fly your colors and stamp like that of a RAIDER fan. better than some of these RAIDER fans coming in here disrespecting others and acting like they know it all. welcome no disrespect taken! and WELL respected.
who's your team? with respect!(lol).
RAIDERS 2013!!!
Haha I'm a 49ers fan.(Not one of the ones who just decided that there 9er fans lol). But since I'm here in vacaville I find myself going for the raiders since they are also close to me. A lot of people tend to pick a side either raiders or 9ers but I don't hate on the raiders even though I am a 9ers fan first. They are not a division opponent and they are - Northern California product so I don't have any ill will.
gusto da raider

United States

#8 Feb 3, 2013
We honestly have one of the best teams going into 2013. Its only two things that need to be addressed on offense. Which is getting a decent lg nd and outstanding rt. were straight at tight end. Brandon myers catch everything over anyone nd juke for the first down despite speed. Nd wideouts. Moore(The truth wen 100%). Dhb(Growing balls). Ford(Still the man). Streater(got the jitters out). Hagan(nice hands).criner(future redzone threat). Palmer is still my favorite nd he shuld start. But if he finds himself in the redzone instead of a td. Thats wen tp6 come in. Who is 3/3 in redzone. Nd on d. Cut seymour put burris at mike. Stock up on dbs nd lbs nd dts nd lombardi is ours. Bkuz dmc in a power scheme is brilliant but fixing these errors as an addition. Genius.
Freddy

Granger, IN

#9 Feb 3, 2013
Bowe would be a nice addition, but I don't think the Raiders can afford him.

vacaville

#10 Feb 3, 2013
gusto da raider wrote:
We honestly have one of the best teams going into 2013. Its only two things that need to be addressed on offense. Which is getting a decent lg nd and outstanding rt. were straight at tight end. Brandon myers catch everything over anyone nd juke for the first down despite speed. Nd wideouts. Moore(The truth wen 100%). Dhb(Growing balls). Ford(Still the man). Streater(got the jitters out). Hagan(nice hands).criner(future redzone threat). Palmer is still my favorite nd he shuld start. But if he finds himself in the redzone instead of a td. Thats wen tp6 come in. Who is 3/3 in redzone. Nd on d. Cut seymour put burris at mike. Stock up on dbs nd lbs nd dts nd lombardi is ours. Bkuz dmc in a power scheme is brilliant but fixing these errors as an addition. Genius.
I don't think using 2 qb's in a game will ever work consistently. I think Myers is free agent. I could be wrong on that

vacaville

#11 Feb 3, 2013
Freddy wrote:
Bowe would be a nice addition, but I don't think the Raiders can afford him.

With the raiders roster still needing a fair amount of tweaking, I think they should work through the draft so they can have a good team for years to come and at a low price. I'm just not a big fan of overpaying free agents huge money unless they are elite. While bowe is really good, considering the depth at WR you guys have, I don't think he would be worth it.
Freddy

Granger, IN

#12 Feb 3, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
With the raiders roster still needing a fair amount of tweaking, I think they should work through the draft so they can have a good team for years to come and at a low price. I'm just not a big fan of overpaying free agents huge money unless they are elite. While bowe is really good, considering the depth at WR you guys have, I don't think he would be worth it.
Down the road building through the Draft is not a bad idea. Next year, DHB is going to count 7M against the cap as it stands today or unless he renegoitiates. The Raiders do not have a 2nd or 5th round pick this year. Bowe does make sense this year. I just think there will be more than one team that wants him and the Raiders will not be able to compete dollar-wise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Ausberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raiders sleeper cell: TE David Ausberry (Feb '14) Feb '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 5
QB Pryor insists he's ready to go (Sep '13) Sep '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 14
Sio Moore added to Raiders' injury report (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 5
Raiders G.M. McKenzie says Pryor energizes team... (Sep '13) Sep '13 TexasRaider 9
Oakland Raiders LT Menelik Watson Limited in Pr... (Sep '13) Sep '13 touchdowntimmybrown 1
Raiders 2013 Roster Raises Questions About GM M... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Captain Canada 11
Offensive, defensive lines a concern for Allen (Aug '13) Aug '13 Haleys Commet 7
•••
•••

David Ausberry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••