Oakland Raiders look for a tight end to 'step up'

Full story: Inside Bay Area

If Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie could sit at a computer and construct a tight end from the players he has in camp, replacing the 79 receptions from the departed Brandon Myers wouldn't be an issue.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

what's scary is, dennis allen is looking for a player to step it up at every position. it seems and sounds like mo one is doing that for him except maybe a few players here and there. now i know it's only the 5th day of t-camp but it sounds like d allen is getting a lil frustrated with some of the positions where players should show juuust a lil more than normal. at least so that he can say, okay, if no one, at least this guy. it's even getting me frustrated (lol). shoot, pre-season is almost here!
RAIDERS 2013!!!

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Ausberry is the man. He should have gotten more field time last year.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

AUG 9th, first preseason game vs cowboys!
gotta get it together for the most part!?
RAIDERS 2013!!!

Since: Jan 11

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

This sunday we have the HOF game. I fully intend to turn the television volume up quite loud, stand with arms extended and close my eyes. Revel in the experience of the season. And, i got the Sunday ticket again this year! Only way to do football!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Corran Horn wrote:
This sunday we have the HOF game. I fully intend to turn the television volume up quite loud, stand with arms extended and close my eyes. Revel in the experience of the season. And, i got the Sunday ticket again this year! Only way to do football!
i normally get a good percentage of the RAIDER games here on local t.v. it goes back and forth between seahawks and RAIDERS. depending on who's doing better. so, yea, that's how it went last season. i get the "redzone" program they show the plays when a team is in the redzone and ready to score. it's only 10 dollars a month. but for me it works well. sometimes i will head on down to the RAIDER bar on certain games. i haven't got excited about a RAIDER season like normal. "HOPE THIS SEASON IS DIFFERENT". but, it is what it is! BUT, i am excited over all of the nfl season! glad for those of you with season tickets and sunday ticket or even to be able to go to just at least one game as long as you get to watch the RAIDERS, it's cool!
RAIDERS 2013!!!
RAIDERS 2013!!!
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

I was really high on Nick Kasa when he was in college but he seems to have been silent since getting drafted.
The Autumn Wind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Coliseum...here I come!!! The smell of garlic fries,beer,and Cali weed!! But I do agree with you RM OG...im excited about football in general.!! Lets go RAIIIDERS!!
Captain Canada

Brandon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

I am looking forward to the pre-season games more this year than usual, to see what some of the rookies look like. Always liked Ausberry too, so hopefully his blocking game has improved. Let's see which receiver(s) rise to the top this year. I'm liking the linebacker and DB additions. Bring on some football!

Since: Jan 11

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Agreed. I watched all of Oregon's football games in 2007, and up until that time, never saw an offense like it. I still haven't. A spread option team with power running plays? Dominant offensive line play and great rb's? Non-gimmicky passing? WTH is this! Turns out 2007 was the first year a young, lop sided mouthed coach by the name of Chip Kelly was OC under HC Mike Belotti. The playcalling and play design blew me away. Can't wait to see the Eagles in the next few years once Kelly get some players there.

Kelly doesn't run a "system" per say, but he does do some things better than anyone.
Captain Canada wrote:
I am looking forward to the pre-season games more this year than usual, to see what some of the rookies look like. Always liked Ausberry too, so hopefully his blocking game has improved. Let's see which receiver(s) rise to the top this year. I'm liking the linebacker and DB additions. Bring on some football!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

The Autumn Wind wrote:
Coliseum...here I come!!! The smell of garlic fries,beer,and Cali weed!! But I do agree with you RM OG...im excited about football in general.!! Lets go RAIIIDERS!!
it's on!
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Corran Horn wrote:
Agreed. I watched all of Oregon's football games in 2007, and up until that time, never saw an offense like it. I still haven't. A spread option team with power running plays? Dominant offensive line play and great rb's? Non-gimmicky passing? WTH is this! Turns out 2007 was the first year a young, lop sided mouthed coach by the name of Chip Kelly was OC under HC Mike Belotti. The playcalling and play design blew me away. Can't wait to see the Eagles in the next few years once Kelly get some players there.
Kelly doesn't run a "system" per say, but he does do some things better than anyone.
<quoted text>
im only a few miles away from the ducks where chip kelly coached, but still haven't gone to a game the few yrs. i've been here. i watch their football games and i gotta say, this coach has been great and has a great style of coaching. the only thing is, i wonder how his style will transform into the nfl. he loves and plays with speed. a lot of run and pass options no huddle type of plays. i can't wait to see how and if works out for him and his players. it could be the beginning of something new in the nfl if everything works out for him. eagles play in oakland nov. 3rd by then we will see how both teams are doing. GO RAIDERS!
RAIDERS 2013!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••