Giants hold off Browns' comeback

Giants hold off Browns' comeback

There are 8 comments on the GoErie.com story from Aug 19, 2008, titled Giants hold off Browns' comeback. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Eli Manning was in Super Bowl form for the New York Giants and Domenik Hixon was even better.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Omniscient1

Akron, OH

#1 Aug 19, 2008
Pittsburp and the Brownies look to be on even playing field this year.
Adam

Cambridge Springs, PA

#2 Aug 19, 2008
No? Nothing bad about the Browns? You actually found an article by the AP that doesn't slam the Browns for the lack-of-sportsmanship disaster last night? Excessive Pass-interference? Swinging and missing? Interfering with a punt returners catch?

For the love of all things holy, please present sports fairly. The Browns should be slammed for the abomination of football they played last night. Not given credit for a "comeback" by their fourth string.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#3 Aug 19, 2008
The clowns were really something last night. I like the offense's first team showing. "Retread" Lewis showed the national TV audience why the ravens dumped him, with 6 carries for a whoppin 13 yards...oh yeah and one red zone fumble returned for a TD...oooops, I thought these clowns were suppose to challenge the Mighty Steelers for AFC North title??! LOL! Same as it ever was, same old clowns. Let's hope they have a better showing in week #2. It would be nice to see a competitive football game with cleveland rather than the biannual buttwhippin they receive from the black and gold.

LET'S GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!!
Facts vs Tards

Houston, TX

#4 Aug 19, 2008
Giants hold off Browns' comeback because the only way the Browns could muster a come back is if the opposing pulls all starters for their bench players.
Smitty

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Aug 19, 2008
Here is a news flash for you id iots.....It was a Preseason game!! it was the 2nd preseason game at that, not the forth one. I'm not saying the Browns are the team to beat or even a lock for the playoffs but give me a break, it was a preseason game. Last season they looked like excrement in the 1st game of the season against the Steelers and then got a whole lot better, so lets no get our panties in a twist over a lousy preseason game, K?
Facts vs Tards

Houston, TX

#7 Aug 19, 2008
Smitty wrote:
Here is a news flash for you id iots.....It was a Preseason game!! it was the 2nd preseason game at that, not the forth one. I'm not saying the Browns are the team to beat or even a lock for the playoffs but give me a break, it was a preseason game. Last season they looked like excrement in the 1st game of the season against the Steelers and then got a whole lot better, so lets no get our panties in a twist over a lousy preseason game, K?
Here's a news flash, Browns starters could not compete with Super Bowl champs, even with their starting WR's not playing.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#8 Aug 19, 2008
Smitty wrote:
it was preseason and you expect to see some vanilla schemes and all but the brownie first teams looked really bad. but you're right it is preseason and players are tired after 2 weeks of training camp.

Since: Jul 08

AOL

#9 Aug 19, 2008
...Patriots were far from impressed with the "Browns almost comback" since it was the Browns bench playing...by the way...out playing the starters against the bottom end of the Giants 80 man roster...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dave Zastudil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zastudil might be done in Cleveland (Aug '10) Aug '10 triple6vamp 2
News Browns Lose P Zastudil for Season to Knee Injury (Aug '10) Aug '10 Pete 3
News Browns beat Bills in week five (Oct '09) Oct '09 Clowns 18
News Pontbriand to be Pro Bowl snapper (Jan '08) Jan '08 Dave M 2
News Dawson plays like a wizard in a blizzard (Dec '07) Dec '07 SilentBob 20
News Ohio.com - Excuses getting old for Browns (Sep '07) Sep '07 Noj 114
News Ohio.com - Steelers beat Browns 34-7 (Sep '07) Sep '07 Bob 52
More from around the web