Ohio.com - Steelers beat Browns 34-7

Ohio.com - Steelers beat Browns 34-7

There are 52 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Sep 9, 2007, titled Ohio.com - Steelers beat Browns 34-7. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

The Pittsburgh Steelers haven't changed a bit under Mike Tomlin. In their first game in 15 years without iconic coach Bill Cowher stalking the sideline, the Steelers looked the same while smashing and slapping ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bear

AOL

#42 Sep 9, 2007
Its a disgrace to the Cleveland
Browns organization to have Charlie
Frye as their quarterback. He may of
been a good college quaterback but he
is and never will be pro material.
We have paid all this money for Brady
Quinn. Let him take over. Let's see
what he can do.
As far as Romeo Crenel goes I think he
has also seen his day as a coach.
Bear of Akron Ohio

AOL

#43 Sep 9, 2007
It is a disgrace to the Cleveland Browns organization to have Charlie Frye as their quarterback. He may of been a good college quarterback but he is and never will be pro material.
We paid all this money for Brady Quinn so give
him a chance and let him play.
As far as Romeo Crenel goes I think he has seen
his days as a coach. Its time for a change!!!!!
matador

Mount Vernon, OH

#44 Sep 9, 2007
The 'Browns'will give up,the overall
# 1 pick in the 2008 'Draft'because
they will have the "Worst'record in
2007,Looks like a brilliant move'by
Jerry Jones",Dallas Cowboys'owner.
East Side Joe

Chevy Chase, MD

#45 Sep 9, 2007
There are three good things that will come of this loss.

1) CRENNEL WILL BE OUT AFTER THE LOSS TO CINCINNATI NEXT WEEK.

2) QUINN WILL BE IN AFTER THE LOSS TO BALIMORE.

3) FANS WILL FLOCK TO SEE THE TRIBE'S REMAINING HOME GAMES.
bubby brister

Ridgewood, NY

#46 Sep 9, 2007
Romeo does not display any emotion - he really should be fired asap. this is the steelers that you are playing - supposedly your bitter rival, who you've lost to 8 straight times now. Look at Grantham - sure the browns are down 17-0, but after a big stop by the defense, he is fired up, cheering his team's effort, etc. is RAC on valium?
Frye is a mess - and by the way, he did get some protection, however sporatic. The INT he threw directly at deshea townsend? he had all the time in the world on that play. Seems to me that the left side of the line protected the QB relatively well.
Tim in Plantation Florida

AOL

#47 Sep 9, 2007
Andre wrote:
it saddens me that fans put the blame on Frye
Frye or any other QB back there don't have any time to throw the ball. And I have yet to see anyone saying anything about the Defense giving up 30+
Well, Derek Anderson seemed to have time to throw on most snaps. He was only sacked once in 2 1/2 quarters. The only pressure on him was mainly on blitzes. Of the 5 sacks to Frye, I'd say that on at least 3 of them, Frye had ALL DAY TO THROW AND JUST HELD THE BALL WHILE HAVING HAPPY FEET STANDING THERE UNTIL SOMEONE FINALLY BROKE THROUGH TO GET HIM. Frye looked absolutely horrible and definately looked like he doesn't belong in the league anymore. He's a nervous-nellie back there. When he does throw, he looks directly at the intended receiver the whole way and most of the time throws a poor pass. The sacs he endured weren't the sacs of last year early on when he took one step and was swarmed under. He looked much better as a rookie- does anyone remember the Cincinnati and Jacksonville games when he threw nice throws on the run and moved the team well down field? He's just not mentally tough enough to be in the NFL. He plays scared, thinks too much, and has no confidence in what he's doing. He has the skills to be a decent NFL QB, but he just looks mentally washed up- like a second baseman that can no longer throw the routine throw to first on a ground ball.

Anderson looked much better when he got in there- he makes quick decisions, has a very strong arm and throws a nice ball. The only problem with him is he's just extremely erratic with his throws. He'll throw a few beautiful balls for some completions and then all of a sudden he's throwing behind everyone or at their feet. He might have what it takes to be decent, but I don't know if he'll ever be able to become consistant.

By the way, the Lewis fumble was kind of a freak thing since he ran into his own lineman and lost the ball.

It's just one game and I'm not giving up yet on the season or the coach, but PLEASE PUT QUINN IN THERE AND LET HIM GET THE EXPERIENCE HE NEEDS- HE WON'T GET KILLED AND HE'S NOT GOING TO BE ANY WORSE THAN FRYE OR ANDERSON. Who knows, we may have a decent offense by the second half of the season.
rls frisco

United States

#48 Sep 9, 2007
crennel is a hapless, unsophisticated inbred loser incapable of motivating men and lacking a basic second grade education; he's an embarrasment to himself, his family and his God not to mention his team and their coaches; he's a pariah on the city of cleveland and a contaminate to northeast ohio and the nfl in general; an overweight potbellied loser with apparently no self control and even less leadership qualities; cincy will beat this pathetic fraud by at least 42 points and his post game commentary?........huh? wha? i dunno!
pay him what we owe him, give him a banana and a tree and get him the frig outta' here; it's goons like him that make cleveland the laughingstock of professional football and life in general; he's a fat, obese vapid headed clown who's better suited for the special olympics;
Gerfalcon

United States

#49 Sep 9, 2007
Savage has lost it and now the Browns are losing there fans. All the nonsense/we dont want to play Quinn yet/ bringing up Couch?/ just a ridiculous mindset.
Mike

Spring Valley, CA

#50 Sep 9, 2007
The whole team played spectacularily POORLY.

As for Frye..... I love the "excuses" that some are making for him on here. Blindness. Tim from Plantation, FL is darn right.

Kudos to Winslow and Peek. They made some nice plays out there. I really loved that block Winslow threw. Just awesome.

Beyond that....

Crennel.... YOU are the head coach. YOU ARE THE BOTTOM-LINE.

I believe there is a quote that goes, "A good coach takes the blame for a loss, but gives their team the credit for a win."
Mike

Spring Valley, CA

#51 Sep 9, 2007
I'll give Crennel credit for one thing.....

not throwing Quinn into a bad situation

Now.... if only he had come out of the first half thinking "Gee.... that didn't go very well. Maybe we should approach the second half a little bit differently!"

“I JUST LOVE RACING!!!”

Since: Jan 07

Kannapolis...EARNHARDT country

#52 Sep 10, 2007
zippy wrote:
<quoted text>
go back to your trailer and bang for fat & ugly wife/sister.
ha ha....dont be too mad...we will meet again ha ha ha ha i did go back to the trailer...your mom and wife and your sister was there...ha ha ha
Bob

Cupertino, CA

#53 Sep 11, 2007
At least OHIO has one team that can Play football. Then bengals won last night and I'm sure we will see many more. As for the browns, well what's new? It's a losing team and always will be one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dave Zastudil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zastudil might be done in Cleveland (Aug '10) Aug '10 triple6vamp 2
News Browns Lose P Zastudil for Season to Knee Injury (Aug '10) Aug '10 Pete 3
News Browns beat Bills in week five (Oct '09) Oct '09 Clowns 18
News Giants hold off Browns' comeback (Aug '08) Aug '08 Brady 2 Moss 8
News Pontbriand to be Pro Bowl snapper (Jan '08) Jan '08 Dave M 2
News Dawson plays like a wizard in a blizzard (Dec '07) Dec '07 SilentBob 20
News Ohio.com - Excuses getting old for Browns (Sep '07) Sep '07 Noj 114
More from around the web