Ohio.com - Steelers beat Browns 34-7

Ohio.com - Steelers beat Browns 34-7

There are 52 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Sep 9, 2007, titled Ohio.com - Steelers beat Browns 34-7. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

The Pittsburgh Steelers haven't changed a bit under Mike Tomlin. In their first game in 15 years without iconic coach Bill Cowher stalking the sideline, the Steelers looked the same while smashing and slapping ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ouch

United States

#1 Sep 9, 2007
This may be a long season.
paul

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Sep 9, 2007
may god have mercy on us
Rome

Geneva, OH

#3 Sep 9, 2007
To many problems with this team to even post about. Negative improvement from last season.
paul

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Sep 9, 2007
FIRE ROMEO NOW!
Just the facts maam

Lakewood, OH

#5 Sep 9, 2007
Unwatchable then. Unwatchable now. Call me when Quinn takes over.
Andre

Brunswick, OH

#6 Sep 9, 2007
I think it starts with the coaching
Charlie Fry is getting a bad rap.
No QB could help us today because they was basically running for their lives as soon as the ball is snapped. Offensive line is horrendous.
a fn k

Whitehall, MT

#7 Sep 9, 2007
chuck frye is done as a brown. he's not even worthy of being a backup in arena ball. the browns need to pick up leftwich for backup and start quinn now. there is no reason to concede the season after game one. but if they stick with anderson and frye then all is lost.
JNP

Erie, PA

#8 Sep 9, 2007
I couldn't agree more, and not to sound like the opertunistic browns fan, but could it get any worse with Brady back there. I doubt it.. That was pitiful. Why do you come out throwing the ball while you have Jamal Lewis in the backfield. Stick it down their throwt. Damn it will you ever play to your strength. Quit worrying about if they will stop you or not..Just do it....

JP
Jack Hill

Lady Lake, FL

#9 Sep 9, 2007
Fire Crennel. Three years ago all of New England was scratching their collective heads when the Browns signed this guy as a head coach. The consensus in Boston was and remains the man is a follower not a leader and will be overwhelmed as a head man. Truer words were never spoken.

The talent is thin but a top NFL head man motivates even lesser talent. Confusion in the huddle and on the sidelines is painfully evident. This is coaching folks or rather the lack of it.

“I JUST LOVE RACING!!!”

Since: Jan 07

Kannapolis...EARNHARDT country

#10 Sep 9, 2007
STEELERS YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
anth545

Columbus, OH

#11 Sep 9, 2007
i am an 80 year old grandma and even i know that the Browns Q.B. today was a complete failure. No team ever scored points unless they moved the ball. Frye hugged the ball like it was a "favorite toy" and got sacked besides. The Browns need a Q.B. with intelligence - Brady Quinn played 45 straight games at N.D. how much more practice does he need to be a starter. At least give him a chance - put some "zip" in the team.
zippy

Akron, OH

#12 Sep 9, 2007
i am truely embarassed. Had the team played together in the preseason, whether it was Quinn or Frye, just having named a starter... it may have been less ugly. Goes back to the coach...makeing a f'n decision seems impossible for the crenelephant.

It's over... fire the coach and start the rookie. I've seen enough.
Nagol

Bronx, NY

#13 Sep 9, 2007
If this is improvement, then sell the team now!
zippy

Akron, OH

#14 Sep 9, 2007
cookie_crook wrote:
STEELERS YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
go back to your trailer and bang for fat & ugly wife/sister.
Vlasak

United States

#15 Sep 9, 2007
I really thought Frye had managed to win the QB job over Anderson. I was disturbed by commentaries on Frye's seeming loss of confidence and what thus looked to me like Crennel being a really bad motivator if men (rephrase:'a really bad' coach). It seemed to me, though, that if Crennel was any good, then, like Belichek, he probably should have cut Frye (or traded him for a low round draft pick on draft day) and just announced Anderson was his (or Savage's) man. As a fan, I didn't want him to do that -- but in retrospect (as Savage asked), can anyone say now that we 'have to put Frye in to win the game'? The thing is, doesn't the QB situation say more about Crennel than about Frye, Anderson, or Quinn?

Crennel is 6-10 and 4-12. Does 2-14 look outside the realm of possibility? That would give the Cowboys the #1 pick in the 2008 draft, by the way, for a player who may or may not have played by the time of the next draft. The question then is if the players Savage is bringing in are worse and worse and finally worst. Let me ask it a different way, does anyone believe that a coach with a bit of personality (say, a Schottenheimer or a Cowher) would go 2-14 with this roster? Or, put it this way, what would the 8-8 (last year) Steelers, if coached by Crennel, do this year -- 6 and 10? 4 and 12?

One hears a lot about how a team can go from 2-12 or 4-12 to a near reverse of that record and compete for the playoffs the following year. I hope so, because what comes after 6-10, 4-12, and 2-14 is 0-16 ... and the number one pick in 2009.

Now that's something to look forward to!!

“Just Watching the Parade”

Since: Jul 07

Akron

#16 Sep 9, 2007
Watching Crennel standing on the sidelines, just... standing there, no expression, no emotion, I wondered if the man was comatose.
Get him out of there.
And I don't think starting Quinn is going to help much. We still need better protection.
TAA

Akron, OH

#17 Sep 9, 2007
Its easy to blame the QB as everyone wants to do. Pittburgh teed off right from the beginning on Frye and there was no let up. Scenes from last years movie? Nobody has complained about the punter dropping the ball. Nobody has complained about #84 dropping that 3rd down pass for a 1st down. Nobody has said nothing about "vaseline" Edwards letting balls "slide" thru his hands. Nobody has said anything about Winslow costing us a possible drive when the offense was getting a little rythem going with a penalty. No one has said anything about the sure handed Lewis fumbling. No its been "lets blast Frye". No one has said anything about Joe Thomas and the offensive line being run over in the 1st half by the Steelers Defense. Nope...lets get Brady in there. While here's a news headline for everyone:
Brady is not an Offensive Tackle who got their lunch today, Brady is not a wide receiver who constantly drops balls, Brady is not the Defensive Backs who let receivers get behind them..and Brady is not a punter who dropped the ball. Like Frye or DA He's a Quarterback. One piece of a puzzle that has to be put together. This is a team loss all the way around.
Frye didnt lose this game today. DA didnt lose this game today. They all lost this game.
steeler fan

Cleveland, OH

#18 Sep 9, 2007
paul wrote:
may god have mercy on us
God may have mercy, but the steelers won't.
Tony Z

Atlanta, GA

#19 Sep 9, 2007
Crennel is the worst coach in the NFL.
He is the worst coach in Browns history.
He may well be the worst coach in NFL history!
knowingishalfthe battle

Avon Lake, OH

#20 Sep 9, 2007
A high school kid could have written this article.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dave Zastudil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zastudil might be done in Cleveland (Aug '10) Aug '10 triple6vamp 2
News Browns Lose P Zastudil for Season to Knee Injury (Aug '10) Aug '10 Pete 3
News Browns beat Bills in week five (Oct '09) Oct '09 Clowns 18
News Giants hold off Browns' comeback (Aug '08) Aug '08 Brady 2 Moss 8
News Pontbriand to be Pro Bowl snapper (Jan '08) Jan '08 Dave M 2
News Dawson plays like a wizard in a blizzard (Dec '07) Dec '07 SilentBob 20
News Ohio.com - Excuses getting old for Browns (Sep '07) Sep '07 Noj 114
More from around the web