If Russell fails, Raiders are the bla...

If Russell fails, Raiders are the blame - Berryessa Sun

There are 31 comments on the Berryessa Sun story from Nov 16, 2008, titled If Russell fails, Raiders are the blame - Berryessa Sun. In it, Berryessa Sun reports that:

TOM CABLE will get beyond this debacle of a charade of a season. So, too, will Greg Knapp and the rest of the Raiders coaches.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berryessa Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 07

Corona, CA

#21 Nov 23, 2008
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd add a FS to that and a WR to our needs. Baker might get the FS job by the end of the year, but you never know if he was for real or not in his first game. I am more impressed with him than I ever was with Huff and Eugene. I liked Schweigert better than Huff and Eugene
i agree with that but i wasnt a big schweigert fan he missed alot of tackles. but ya we do need a safety look at a possible pick up of mays from usc. i hope we get that huge olineman from alabama.
TexasRaider

United States

#22 Nov 23, 2008
ljordanfan34 wrote:
<quoted text> i agree with that but i wasnt a big schweigert fan he missed alot of tackles. but ya we do need a safety look at a possible pick up of mays from usc. i hope we get that huge olineman from alabama.
Mays would be good. There is a good LB at TCU that I'd like to get as well. The huge OL from Alabama would be great too. I'm seeing a lot of improvement in the passing game with our WRs actually catching passes thrown their way. Lelie had a pretty good game this week.

“I knew it.Hank's a RaidersFan!”

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

#23 Nov 23, 2008
Does anyone share the same thoughts I have on todays game..Obviously happy to get the W...but I was disappointed in the fact that JRuss had a good thing going and they didn't use him more...The only way he will get better is to let him throw it...especially when he went 10 for 11...What would 10 more passes have hurt? I don't think he needs to carry the "load" but if he is rolling let him roll!
TexasRaider

United States

#24 Nov 24, 2008
RaiderFaith wrote:
Does anyone share the same thoughts I have on todays game..Obviously happy to get the W...but I was disappointed in the fact that JRuss had a good thing going and they didn't use him more...The only way he will get better is to let him throw it...especially when he went 10 for 11...What would 10 more passes have hurt? I don't think he needs to carry the "load" but if he is rolling let him roll!
This was the best I've seen our offense all year. Russell did well in the passing game; the WRs are stepping up and actually catching passes thrown their way...last week it was Curry, this week it was Lelie, so we seem to be gaining confidence in our passing game. Plus Fargas ran the ball well, but couldn't seem to find the endzone, but McFadden did. I couldn't believe some of the hits that were put on Fargas at the goal line.

Raleigh, NC

#25 Nov 24, 2008
agreed. But were you at all frustrated that JRuss was doing very well and they didn'tgive him more passes...11 passes attempts? I could see it if he were struggling...
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
This was the best I've seen our offense all year. Russell did well in the passing game; the WRs are stepping up and actually catching passes thrown their way...last week it was Curry, this week it was Lelie, so we seem to be gaining confidence in our passing game. Plus Fargas ran the ball well, but couldn't seem to find the endzone, but McFadden did. I couldn't believe some of the hits that were put on Fargas at the goal line.
Misterios Gayfest

Houston, TX

#26 Nov 24, 2008
true, when a lame qb faces the broncos 28th ranked defense, they often get fooled by confidence. no playoffs.

raiders sorry.
Freddy

Granger, IN

#27 Nov 24, 2008
RaiderFaith wrote:
agreed. But were you at all frustrated that JRuss was doing very well and they didn'tgive him more passes...11 passes attempts? I could see it if he were struggling...<quoted text>
It really didn't bother me that much. To me, it's more important that he was accurate and completed a very high percentage of his passes when called upon. The contributing factor to the low number of passes may have been Denver's greater time of possesion in the first half and the Raiders need to burn the clock in the second half.

Since: Oct 07

Corona, CA

#28 Nov 24, 2008
RaiderFaith wrote:
agreed. But were you at all frustrated that JRuss was doing very well and they didn'tgive him more passes...11 passes attempts? I could see it if he were struggling...<quoted text>
i agree a little but i did like the play calling except at the begining on the goal line more play action with russell would be nice but cable is the coach im pulling for him next year.
TexasRaider

United States

#29 Nov 25, 2008
RaiderFaith wrote:
In the second half I think it was more about clock management than anything. I would've liked to have seen more passes, but they found a way to win and that is what matters most to me.

Raleigh, NC

#30 Nov 25, 2008
No dobt the W is most important and I understand the clock management...I didn't get to see the game and was just trying to understand why he wasn't used more.
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
In the second half I think it was more about clock management than anything. I would've liked to have seen more passes, but they found a way to win and that is what matters most to me.
Misterios Gayfest

Houston, TX

#31 Nov 26, 2008
true, this was a win that came WAY to late for the defunct raiders. no playoffs again.

raiders blow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daunte Culpepper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lions release former Wolf Pack receiver (Feb '14) Feb '14 viking nation 1
News Ex-NFL QB Culpepper Loses Fla. Home In Foreclosure (Jul '13) Jul '13 milwaukee69 3
News Culpepper to testify at hearing in cruise case (Mar '06) Jul '13 Rose 60
News Concussion forces Jets' Chrebet to retire (Dec '05) May '12 Crazytempest 3
News It's Johnson's turn for a little while (Mar '06) Apr '12 hatchet 78
News Why Nobody Should Be Throwing Christian Ponder ... (Dec '11) Jan '12 Harry 40
News Report: QB Culpepper Wants To Return To NFL (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 3
More from around the web