Courting disgraced quarterback Michae...

Courting disgraced quarterback Michael Vick after his release f...

There are 114 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 16, 2009, titled Courting disgraced quarterback Michael Vick after his release f.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Free agency is just 10 days away, but one of the more intriguing subplots churning in the offseason rumor mill has nothing to do with Albert Haynesworth , Julius Peppers , Nnamdi Asomugha or any of the other ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
shine

Melbourne Beach, FL

#1 Feb 17, 2009
Vick commited the crime and is doing his time. The NFL should allow him to play if there are teams that are interested in his services.

I don't know that he will be playing QB as he wasn't that effective before his sentence. I could see him in the wildcat or a Kordell Stewart type position.

Go Vick...
Orlando Girl

United States

#2 Feb 17, 2009
I'm sorry to disagree with your entire column, but Michael Vick should never be allowed to play NFL football again. First, for his conviction he should be ineligible per NFL rules and if there isn't such a rule, there should have been. As you mentioned, any team that would make an overture to Vick has to be out of their 'ever-loving mind'!! This man should have to find another job to earn his keep and he should have to forfeit any remaining time/money on any contract he signed as soon as he was convicted.

“STOP animal abuse”

Since: Dec 07

South Bend, IN

#3 Feb 17, 2009
Pete

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Feb 17, 2009
I don't think anyone will trade or buy Vick. PETA will go overboard demeaning any team that does. Besides, Vick is not a QB, he is a running back!
Pete

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Feb 17, 2009
Vick will not play this season, maybe never play any season. PETA will rightfully make sure of that! And Vick is not a QB, he is a running back, but most of all, a very disgusting non human being!
GUESS WHO

Ypsilanti, MI

#6 Feb 18, 2009
Pete wrote:
I don't think anyone will trade or buy Vick. PETA will go overboard demeaning any team that does. Besides, Vick is not a QB, he is a running back!
I am just curious does PETA run the country, you make it sound like PETA is really controlling the nfl.

Since: Feb 09

United States

#7 Feb 18, 2009
Orlando Girl wrote:
I'm sorry to disagree with your entire column, but Michael Vick should never be allowed to play NFL football again. First, for his conviction he should be ineligible per NFL rules and if there isn't such a rule, there should have been. As you mentioned, any team that would make an overture to Vick has to be out of their 'ever-loving mind'!! This man should have to find another job to earn his keep and he should have to forfeit any remaining time/money on any contract he signed as soon as he was convicted.
So when something happens you don't like the rules should be changed to suit you liking. So if Vick didn't play in the NFL and found another job and made millions of dollar would you be fine with that?
anon

United States

#8 Feb 18, 2009
screw vick
Squeaky Clean

Woodstock, GA

#9 Feb 18, 2009
anon wrote:
screw vick
why? what about all those steroid drug using white athletes- especially the ones that lie under oath!Get a life- he has not bothered you- there goes the hypocrisy of America with our savage killing ways always judging someone else.

“Prosecute ALL Animal Abusers”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#10 Feb 18, 2009
Squeaky Clean wrote:
<quoted text>
why? what about all those steroid drug using white athletes- especially the ones that lie under oath!Get a life- he has not bothered you- there goes the hypocrisy of America with our savage killing ways always judging someone else.
LMAO-- This one is a REAL headcase--Does Barry Bonds mean anything to you freak?? Hilarious--

Maybe YOU have some savage killing ways, and if judged by your post, I'd say you DO--hehe

If you don't want to judge a man who hung, drowned, electrocuted, fought, and beat to death dogs for his entertainment, that's fine. But some of us find it rather disgusting and unacceptable, and we have every right to make our opinions known, as do you, freak.

“Prosecute ALL Animal Abusers”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#11 Feb 18, 2009
GUESS WHO wrote:
<quoted text>I am just curious does PETA run the country, you make it sound like PETA is really controlling the nfl.
No you're not just curious, you're just an idiot.
GUESS WHO

Ypsilanti, MI

#12 Feb 18, 2009
JenniferInSC wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're not just curious, you're just an idiot.
Not only are you an idiot, you're pathetic, miserable, lifeless, an alias, and the list goes on and on and on and on. Now go pull out another one of your aliases in the bag of yours.

“STOP animal abuse”

Since: Dec 07

United States

#13 Feb 18, 2009
There are PLENTY of threads about all these people. This is the Vick forum. I'm on other forums for dozens of different things. for example the woman that had 14 kids,what an idiot. Do I need to discuss here here? No
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-NFL-fro...

Ban Vick
lighthouselady

Vero Beach, FL

#14 Feb 18, 2009
Any NFL team that would take Vick would be committing suicide. Vick has absolutely no business being in the NFL. What he did was horrendous and his apology was only for the fact that he got caught. I am hoping Goodell shows some sense this time and bans him from the NFL, he let Pacman Jones back and he only lasted about 6 weeks. The NFL does not need any more thugs or troublemakers. They need to get rid of the ones they have. The NFL policy should be you get caught your are gone. No more BS with these idiots who cannot handle being in the NFL. They need to be men not thugs and play for the team not for their individuality. The NFL is teamwork! Ban Vick and Pacman Jones!
pete

Ypsilanti, MI

#15 Feb 18, 2009
lighthouselady wrote:
Any NFL team that would take Vick would be committing suicide. Vick has absolutely no business being in the NFL. What he did was horrendous and his apology was only for the fact that he got caught. I am hoping Goodell shows some sense this time and bans him from the NFL, he let Pacman Jones back and he only lasted about 6 weeks. The NFL does not need any more thugs or troublemakers. They need to get rid of the ones they have. The NFL policy should be you get caught your are gone. No more BS with these idiots who cannot handle being in the NFL. They need to be men not thugs and play for the team not for their individuality. The NFL is teamwork! Ban Vick and Pacman Jones!
Said like a real trooper hehehe
lighthouselady

Vero Beach, FL

#16 Feb 18, 2009
Ralexa - I just signed the petition and forwarded it on to my football friends. Goodell hopefully will listen this time. I thought he was going to be a good commissioner but he has disappointed me with many things. Hope this petition works!
lighthouselady

Vero Beach, FL

#17 Feb 18, 2009
pete wrote:
<quoted text>Said like a real trooper hehehe
Thank you!

“Be Kind to Animals”

Since: Nov 07

Nelson, VA

#18 Feb 19, 2009
Squeaky Clean wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what about them? What they do to themselves is of no concern. Vick tortured and killed dogs just for fun. And, he lied about it. He didn't just do this to himself, he chose to do it to animals who couldn't fight back or defend themselves. Those "savage killing ways" was quite evident in what Michael Vick did. You need to get a grip of reality.
Lil Sis

Sarasota, FL

#19 Feb 19, 2009
I don't think he belongs in the NFL. He belongs in a job where he can keep his head down and learn some humility. It's too bad that so many of these athletes are only that; athletic. Not intelligent, not caring, not concerned for anyone or thing other than themselves. He's not the only one, there are many more, but he is the only one who has committed a crime that involves torture, maiming, cruelty - all at the expense of innocent victims - and doesn't really seem too concerned about what he did. Yes, he's done his time, but do you think he's changed?
Rose

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Feb 19, 2009
Lil Sis wrote:
I don't think he belongs in the NFL. He belongs in a job where he can keep his head down and learn some humility. It's too bad that so many of these athletes are only that; athletic. Not intelligent, not caring, not concerned for anyone or thing other than themselves. He's not the only one, there are many more, but he is the only one who has committed a crime that involves torture, maiming, cruelty - all at the expense of innocent victims - and doesn't really seem too concerned about what he did. Yes, he's done his time, but do you think he's changed?
No, I certainly do not think he's changed as he will continue with the torture and killing of animals for his personal pleasure and entertainment. He has a psychopathic personality and is mentally deranged and unless he gets help, he will escalate to torturing and killing humans when the thrill of torturing animals no longer suit his needs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daunte Culpepper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lions release former Wolf Pack receiver (Feb '14) Feb '14 viking nation 1
News Ex-NFL QB Culpepper Loses Fla. Home In Foreclosure (Jul '13) Jul '13 milwaukee69 3
News Culpepper to testify at hearing in cruise case (Mar '06) Jul '13 Rose 60
News Concussion forces Jets' Chrebet to retire (Dec '05) May '12 Crazytempest 3
News It's Johnson's turn for a little while (Mar '06) Apr '12 hatchet 78
News Why Nobody Should Be Throwing Christian Ponder ... (Dec '11) Jan '12 Harry 40
News Report: QB Culpepper Wants To Return To NFL (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 3
More from around the web