Will Stafford be a new hope for Lions?

Will Stafford be a new hope for Lions?

There are 4 comments on the WisInfo story from Apr 22, 2009, titled Will Stafford be a new hope for Lions?. In it, WisInfo reports that:

GREEN BAY - It looks like the Detroit Lions are planning on using the first pick of Saturday's NFL draft to select what they hope will be their first legitimate franchise quarterback since Bobby Layne in the 1950s.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WisInfo.

GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Apr 22, 2009
Of course Stafford will be a new hope for the Lions. All the Lions have ever had is "hope." The Lions must be thankful for new hope, because their past or "old" hope has always led ultimately to crushing disappointment. Here's to the Lions newest hope! Hope springs eternal. Until midseason at least.
Mookie

United States

#2 Apr 24, 2009
QB's are weak this year, Stafford is trash, and the Lions will suck again....SORRY LOSERS !!!!
eric

Chili, WI

#3 Apr 25, 2009
6 yrs 78mill and 41+mil guarantied,so i hope for Detriots sake he is the savior of the decade!

This is SAD!! This kid hasn't taken a snap yet and is making more then some starting vets,Something has to be done,NO WONDER WHY teams like to trade out of the top 10 or so!
jeremy

Barney, ND

#4 Apr 25, 2009
Too much pressure on the kid, but I hope he does good, those packer lion days were fun to watch when they had Barry. I want the NFC North to be competitive again, it only makes the Packers better when they have to play outside the division. Rarely does a Superbowl Team come out of a weak division, like last year with the Cardinals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daunte Culpepper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lions release former Wolf Pack receiver (Feb '14) Feb '14 viking nation 1
News Ex-NFL QB Culpepper Loses Fla. Home In Foreclosure (Jul '13) Jul '13 milwaukee69 3
News Culpepper to testify at hearing in cruise case (Mar '06) Jul '13 Rose 60
News Concussion forces Jets' Chrebet to retire (Dec '05) May '12 Crazytempest 3
News It's Johnson's turn for a little while (Mar '06) Apr '12 hatchet 78
News Why Nobody Should Be Throwing Christian Ponder ... (Dec '11) Jan '12 Harry 40
News Report: QB Culpepper Wants To Return To NFL (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 3
More from around the web