Culpepper plans to sign 2-year deal w...

Culpepper plans to sign 2-year deal with Lions, says he is enco...

There are 7 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 3, 2008, titled Culpepper plans to sign 2-year deal with Lions, says he is enco.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Detroit Lions are turning to a former Pro Bowl quarterback for help in trying to win their first game of the season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

marko

Orlando, FL

#1 Nov 3, 2008
he should help if he is in good shape still....this organization has struggled to get it right..
What an idiot

Orlando, FL

#2 Nov 3, 2008
First he acts as his own agent, demanding a multi-year contract and a guaranteed starting position, despite having done nothing noteworthy since his injury. Then when nobody wants to give this to him, he throws a tantrum and retires, blasting the NFL in the process.

Now he comes crawling back to the NFL, saying that he's impressed by the Detroit Lion's management style?

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#3 Nov 3, 2008
What an idiot wrote:
First he acts as his own agent, demanding a multi-year contract and a guaranteed starting position, despite having done nothing noteworthy since his injury. Then when nobody wants to give this to him, he throws a tantrum and retires, blasting the NFL in the process.
Now he comes crawling back to the NFL, saying that he's impressed by the Detroit Lion's management style?
are you ignorant or just plain stupid. culpepper never demanded a starting job to begin with. he said he wanted to go somewhere he can probably win the job. he wanted to play so that is why he didnt sign with the steelers or packers because he knew he couldnt win the job over roethlisberger in pittsburgh and green bay wanted him to be a mentor to rodgers. so get a clue or dont talk at all because you are doing nothing but talking worthless nonsense.

Since: Apr 07

Winter Park, FL

#4 Nov 3, 2008
Culpepper needs to come back to UCF and play. God knows we need a decent QB to win any games.
bob

Northbrook, IL

#6 Nov 3, 2008
OOO wrote:
"As a result of doing some research on different places to play, the Detroit Lions seemed to be the best fit for me," Culpepper told The Associated Press in an e-mail.
Best fit???? How about: "I thank the Detroit Lions for giving me a job when no one else would". Typical d-u-m-b-a-s-s n****r...
Your attitude and language shows your ignorance. Dante probably could have done better with an agent but he has always made choices that others would consider unusual. He stayed at UCF his senior year when he could have gone pro, because he was loyal to UCF. His loyalty earned my respect, and he still has it. Dante is a class act.
Bittersweet

Orlando, FL

#7 Nov 3, 2008
What an idiot wrote:
Ha! Your name says everything this guy is. You might want to add "egotistical" to it as well, since he thinks the sun rises and sets on him.
Procurator

Orlando, FL

#8 Nov 3, 2008
Hope Culpepper makes it back.He was always a straight up guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daunte Culpepper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lions release former Wolf Pack receiver (Feb '14) Feb '14 viking nation 1
News Ex-NFL QB Culpepper Loses Fla. Home In Foreclosure (Jul '13) Jul '13 milwaukee69 3
News Culpepper to testify at hearing in cruise case (Mar '06) Jul '13 Rose 60
News Concussion forces Jets' Chrebet to retire (Dec '05) May '12 Crazytempest 3
News It's Johnson's turn for a little while (Mar '06) Apr '12 hatchet 78
News Why Nobody Should Be Throwing Christian Ponder ... (Dec '11) Jan '12 Harry 40
News Report: QB Culpepper Wants To Return To NFL (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 3