Sparano won't allow Dolphins to get overconfident

There are 56 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 12, 2008, titled Sparano won't allow Dolphins to get overconfident. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano refuses to allow his players to become overconfident just because they're on a three-game winning streak, are 5-4 and about to host the dysfunctional 2-7 Oakland Raiders .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JJJ1973

Bakersfield, CA

#1 Nov 12, 2008
He needs to address more than stopping the run. Teams can beat you through the air too. I think he should tell his defensive players to keep their trash talking aside, and show their actions on the field, to PLAY the game. Also, he should incorporate the defensive backs in his overconfident scheme and tell them to stop the pass, as he tells them to stop the run.
Reality

United States

#2 Nov 12, 2008
JJJ, I have no doubt Mr. Sparano has read your well thought out and cleanly presented treatise, and has passed along all the relevant points to his defensive team.

Many thanks, and good luck with that off season head coaching position at your local Pop Warner League. Let us know if you need a personal reference, or an assistant coach to help you car pool the team to games.

On another note, I had the misfortune of making last year's Oakland game the ONLY game I travelled 250 miles to see live. I still have visions of Daunte outrunning a lame duck, doggin' it piece of crap named Jason Taylor. I saw Vargas run through our DL, then run over and occasionally past our LB's, including Zach.

Probaly the most significant guage of how utterly badly Cam had let that team slip out of his bumbling, idiotic fingers.

Sunday had better be different, as Oakland has come apart at the seams, a TOTAL turnaround from last year.

PS....why do we get Oakland at home 2 years in a row???
Walker

United States

#3 Nov 12, 2008
Different year, different team. Play our game and we see Henne in the fourth. Don't eat the cheese Miami.

“WHY NOT US!!!”

Since: Feb 08

north miami beach

#4 Nov 12, 2008
Lets not forget Lamont "Sanford" Jordan isnt there to run all over us either. Who is this guy Jamarcus Russell I used to hear about? GO PHINS!!!

“WHY NOT US!!!”

north miami beach

#5 Nov 12, 2008
Its time to get pumped! GO PHINS!!!
fins23

United States

#6 Nov 12, 2008
I'm pretty sure dolphins are going to beat raiders this sunday but they got to give the ball more to ricky in order to win :)

“WHY NOT US!!!”

north miami beach

#7 Nov 12, 2008
Walker wrote:
Different year, different team. Play our game and we see Henne in the fourth. Don't eat the cheese Miami.
NO NO NO, the only time we will see Henne is when we are down by 100! Please wait till the season after next. GO PHINS!!!
pool table

Pompano Beach, FL

#8 Nov 12, 2008
Yo Tony.....its tough to be overcofident when you're in the cellar!!
What EVER

Boynton Beach, FL

#9 Nov 12, 2008
As a Raiders fan.....Trust me you have nothing to fear. The Raiders will lose. We are just hoping the 0,1 & 2 win teams win a few more so we can blow our first pick overall again!

POLL:
Who dies first?
Fidel Castro
Al Davis
Reality

United States

#10 Nov 12, 2008
pool table wrote:
Yo Tony.**** its tough to be overcofident when you're in the cellar!!
silly question.

they're the SAME PERSON, just when it's Al it's sans the beard and cammies!!!

think about it...

ever seen 'em in a room together?

Castro blew it last June when he was spotted wearin' a puffy grey fleece and readin' his propaganda paper with thin glasses!!!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#11 Nov 12, 2008
i hope MIA wins like 30-10
BULLZEYE

Loganville, GA

#12 Nov 12, 2008
Please allow me to introduce to you the new Ryan Leaf, the new biggest BUST in pro football.....JaMarcus Russell.....

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#13 Nov 12, 2008
BULLZEYE wrote:
Please allow me to introduce to you the new Ryan Leaf, the new biggest BUST in pro football.....JaMarcus Russell.....
No QB has ever been as big a bust as Todd Marinovich...I was extremely grateful to have Jay Schroeder back as our starting QB.
Mark

Pompano Beach, FL

#14 Nov 12, 2008
As far as QB busts go lets not forget John Beck.
timmy the turtle

Hollywood, FL

#15 Nov 12, 2008
The ghost of the great Scott Mitchell will echo through the halls of Pro Robbie this Sunday. God Bless the most gifted quarterback this great state has ever known. 9-2 Raiders. Janikowski kicks 3 FG's from outside of 75 yards.

“WHY NOT US!!!”

north miami beach

#16 Nov 13, 2008
I see Pool Table is back for his weekly beat down. Misery loves company, doesnt it Mark? Give it up already...GO PHINS!!!

Since: Sep 08

Chandler, AZ

#17 Nov 13, 2008
Dont play down to the raiders and we will lock down a 6-4 record.

BTW - Howie, I beilieve Walker was reffering to Henne playing because we were up by so much.

Go Fins!!!
ralphthedolfan

Falls Church, VA

#18 Nov 13, 2008
pool table wrote:
Yo Tony.**** its tough to be overcofident when you're in the cellar!!
not in the cellar idiot. i beleive they are in second place as pats and jets are tied for first. at least know what you are talking about you dumb arse clown.
Hans Blix

Houston, TX

#19 Nov 13, 2008
true, 3rd place is 3rd place.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/standings

“WHY NOT US!!!”

north miami beach

#20 Nov 13, 2008
Finsfan13 wrote:
Dont play down to the raiders and we will lock down a 6-4 record.
BTW - Howie, I beilieve Walker was reffering to Henne playing because we were up by so much.
Go Fins!!!
In that case, let him play! GO PHINS!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daunte Culpepper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lions release former Wolf Pack receiver (Feb '14) Feb '14 viking nation 1
News Ex-NFL QB Culpepper Loses Fla. Home In Foreclosure (Jul '13) Jul '13 milwaukee69 3
News Culpepper to testify at hearing in cruise case (Mar '06) Jul '13 Rose 60
News Concussion forces Jets' Chrebet to retire (Dec '05) May '12 Crazytempest 3
News It's Johnson's turn for a little while (Mar '06) Apr '12 hatchet 78
News Why Nobody Should Be Throwing Christian Ponder ... (Dec '11) Jan '12 Harry 40
News Report: QB Culpepper Wants To Return To NFL (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laughing Bear Fan 3
More from around the web