10-2 Packers could have lineup shifts...

10-2 Packers could have lineup shifts for Raiders game

There are 33 comments on the The Daily News story from Dec 5, 2007, titled 10-2 Packers could have lineup shifts for Raiders game. In it, The Daily News reports that:

“Now, we want the continuity, there's no doubt about that. But until we get the performance at the level that we want, then we'll keep it competitive.”

Despite a 10-2 record entering the final four games of the regular season, the Green Bay Packers have some potential job openings in their starting lineup and sub packages entering Sunday's game against Oakland ... via The Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fusion2k5

Toronto, Canada

#21 Dec 5, 2007
Rodgers deserves the right to start over an MVP QB
because of a good game against a team with a huge lead playing soft coverage??? lol classic...there isn't a single soul in the NFL that can prevent
Favre from playing his 250th straight regular season game. Favre is the true iron man, he's been worse off before, a band up elbow and a seperated shoulder is nothing to Favre, he'll play with two broken arms if he has too. He's more dependable than the changing of the seasons.

As for Rodgers getting injured, get used to it. We've become so spoiled by Favre we expect our top QB to play every game. Look around the leauge, there have been over 50!!!!! different starting QB's this year due to injury/under performing and we haven't had another QB start since 1992!!!! Holy Crap!!! Give the man the respect he deserves, he'll truly be much more appreciated when he's gone and we're scrambling to sign QB's off waivers to start for the easily wounded. I'm off to sleep!
eric

Neillsville, WI

#22 Dec 6, 2007
down 27-7 and Rodgers got us back and if it wansnt for a BS call late,we would have been down 7 late with at least a chance. obviously no one got the meaning here.

Rodgers PROVED he can play,and Favre no matter how hurt would play, and if his arm was banged up and he couldnt throw that well,he would hurt the team adn a healthy Rodgers would have been a bette5r alternative.

ok so im getting lit up here,so question
This was a big game ( i think we would all agree),is it a suprise Favre played like crap?

When is the last time Favre played well in a big spot?

We lost by 10 and Dallas scored 14 on 2 INT that Favre shouldnt have thrown and Rodgers came in down 20 and we would have been down 7 late if it werent for a BS typical Dallas 90/s call that the NFL seems to call now these days.

Point is Favre isnt the be all/ end all that everyone seems to think he is.We can win without him, if hes doenst play it doesnt mean we throw in the towel. The defense has played a huge part in this season also.

“Go Pack Go”

Since: Jun 07

Stevens Point, Wisconsin

#23 Dec 6, 2007
eric wrote:
down 27-7 and Rodgers got us back and if it wansnt for a BS call late,we would have been down 7 late with at least a chance. obviously no one got the meaning here.
Rodgers PROVED he can play,and Favre no matter how hurt would play, and if his arm was banged up and he couldnt throw that well,he would hurt the team adn a healthy Rodgers would have been a bette5r alternative.
ok so im getting lit up here,so question
This was a big game ( i think we would all agree),is it a suprise Favre played like crap?
When is the last time Favre played well in a big spot?
We lost by 10 and Dallas scored 14 on 2 INT that Favre shouldnt have thrown and Rodgers came in down 20 and we would have been down 7 late if it werent for a BS typical Dallas 90/s call that the NFL seems to call now these days.
Point is Favre isnt the be all/ end all that everyone seems to think he is.We can win without him, if hes doenst play it doesnt mean we throw in the towel. The defense has played a huge part in this season also.
Eric, time to put the Dallas game behind us. The team has, and we need to also. One game at a time. Comparing the hurt Favre to Rodgers is like saying that if Woodson's toe still hurts, put Bush in, he did an acceptable job. Or, if Kampman is aching, put in Montgomery. Or if Grant is hurting put in Morency. That won't work. Favre is the starter and if he can play, he should. I am not sure why you are beating this Favre/Rodgers thing to death, but with Rodgers injured it's a moot point now.
eric

Neillsville, WI

#24 Dec 6, 2007
Yes it is moot now,but, i was just saying that a healthy Rodgers at this point is a better alternative then Favre with a bad shoulder/elbow who may not play to 100% and end up hurting us in the long run,plus another good shot and he may be out for a lot longer than the 1 game im talking about.
eric

Neillsville, WI

#25 Dec 6, 2007
To my defense if you dont object,, Rodgers is closer to favre than Bush is to Woodson, or Morency is to Grant.

The offense travels on the qb arm.
BlackTar

United States

#26 Dec 6, 2007
also favre second INT you would never know if it would have been a catch a INT or a incomplete pass. you cant blame him for a INT that he was injured on the ball went crazy when he was hit 1/2 way thru his pass. the first one sure but you cant blame favre for a int that happen becasue of the injury being caused to his elbow 1/2 way thru his pass.
BlackTar

United States

#27 Dec 6, 2007
Good Morning everyone : )
Andrew

Bloomington, IN

#28 Dec 6, 2007
Favre's fine. He wants everybody to doubt him like journalist and say he will have trouble throwing with a beat up shoulder and bruised elbow against the raiders secondary. He will be 100% in my opinion.

If I were him and were completely healed, I'd stil tell everyone outsider the packer organization that it was still bothering me...

Grant will shred this raider defense allowing for some nice play action..

fusion2k5

Toronto, Canada

#29 Dec 6, 2007
eric wrote:
To my defense if you dont object,, Rodgers is closer to favre than Bush is to Woodson, or Morency is to Grant.
The offense travels on the qb arm.
Rodgers hasn't proved anything, he's barely played more than 4 quarters. He hasn't even made a start and has already missed way more games than Favre in his 16 seasons in Greenbay!!! Am I the only one who realizes how crazy that is for a QB??? Rodgers is a liability because he's injury prone. When Favre leaves we better get some quality depth at QB. No controversy in Greenbay, Favre starts until he's ready to retire, the end.

“Go Pack Go”

Since: Jun 07

Stevens Point, Wisconsin

#30 Dec 6, 2007
BlackTar wrote:
Good Morning everyone :)
Good Afternoon BT, haven't read much from you lately, hope all is well.
Andrew

Bloomington, IN

#31 Dec 6, 2007
I dont know if Rodgers is injury prone or unlucky. I would say Favre is a hard ass but also VERY LUCKY to not be injured.

Rodgers first action last year against the patriots he gets injured. Then, shortly after his second big game (cowboys) he gets injured shortly after. Rodgers seems to get banged up when Favre is banged up.

It is somthing to consider and keep an eye out for. I don't see very many Packer fans tolerating injury proned qbs. Not saying Rodgers is injury prone but any qb the pack has that is could be a problem. We have been pretty blessed and spoiled.
eric

Neillsville, WI

#32 Dec 6, 2007
ANy qb would break an ankle if some 300+lb lineman rolled on it.That was a bad break it doenst make him injury prone. # years of practice and he stretched a hammy,so do hundreds of other players in the NFL.Again many players pull hammys,so dont get alarmed.
BlackTar

United States

#33 Dec 6, 2007
Proball5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Afternoon BT, haven't read much from you lately, hope all is well.
Yep ive been kinda sitting idle. for awhile here. Im still reading. Ill get back to posting im just so busy its hard to find time. Like right now i shuld be working but i need a break :)

Funny thing is i live 20mins from oakland im not even sure ill get to watch it. hopefully so

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daryn Colledge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packers Double Digit Favorites Again (Oct '12) Nov '12 GBPfan 4
News Pro football: O-line a high priority for Packer... (Apr '11) Apr '11 eric 11
News Aaron Rodgers emerges from Brett Favre's shadow... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Mike 154
News MVP Rodgers leads Packers past Steelers 31-25 (Feb '11) Feb '11 Brian T 46
News News from around Wisconsin at 6:28 a.m. CST (Jan '11) Jan '11 Joe Merlot 25
News Packers 21, Eagles 16: Aaron Rodgers starts bui... (Jan '11) Jan '11 PB ARMY 29
News Mike Vandermause column: Win Sunday crucial if ... (Nov '10) Nov '10 GBPfan 2
More from around the web