Several key Raiders could be gone

Jan 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ESPN

Darrius Heyward-Bey , Carson Palmer and Brandon Myers all may have new homes when the 2013 season begins.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jan 8, 2013

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

I can see Wheeler coming back as well as Myers. I hate to see Kelly go, but his time may be up here. McClain, if he goes, I hope we can get something for him. I've always been a supporter of him, but if he's having issues with the coaches, then chances are he's gone...McFadden may play out his last year, but he could be gone and I hope we get something for him.
raiderfaith

Linden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

McFadden is a gamble. If we hold onto him and he gets hurt again, it will be hard to do anything but release, if they are even considering trading him, now is the time.

Since: Jan 11

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Ya, but i really wonder what we could get for him. Would he be worth a mid 2nd round pick to us? It will likely be the best offer. But then again, Darren was a captain and is loved by his teammates and never gets in trouble despite his injury history, idk if allen wants to send that kind of message to the team ya know?
raiderfaith wrote:
McFadden is a gamble. If we hold onto him and he gets hurt again, it will be hard to do anything but release, if they are even considering trading him, now is the time.
raiderfaith

Linden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

It is a crap shoot. Not an easy decision. But I would rather a consistent producer that stays healthy. I like McFadden. He can be explosive. But if it's only for part of a season what good is it? To your point of never getting in trouble....90% of the league doesn't get in trouble. That should be expected, not a added bonus. Is he worth a mid 2nd rounder? Depends who it is. Again a crap shoot. Not saying we should trade him, I just don't think it would be devasting given he never plays a full season.
Corran Horn wrote:
Ya, but i really wonder what we could get for him. Would he be worth a mid 2nd round pick to us? It will likely be the best offer. But then again, Darren was a captain and is loved by his teammates and never gets in trouble despite his injury history, idk if allen wants to send that kind of message to the team ya know?
<quoted text>

Since: Jan 11

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Ya, i meant it more from the perspective of the team. Allen benched McClain, came out and said he wanted his type of football players that work hard etc...

Darren is one of those guys on top of being liked by his fellow teammates, is dedicated and all that stuff. He just get hurt constantly.

I honestly think we should trade him away, just worried it might be a morale hit to the team. Plus i don't think we have a "starting nfl RB" on the roster other than him.
raiderfaith wrote:
It is a crap shoot. Not an easy decision. But I would rather a consistent producer that stays healthy. I like McFadden. He can be explosive. But if it's only for part of a season what good is it? To your point of never getting in trouble....90% of the league doesn't get in trouble. That should be expected, not a added bonus. Is he worth a mid 2nd rounder? Depends who it is. Again a crap shoot. Not saying we should trade him, I just don't think it would be devasting given he never plays a full season.<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••