Gang members linked to Darrent Williams' case indicted

Full story: KUSA Denver

Local, state and national law enforcement agencies have been invovled in the indictments.
Comments
1 - 20 of 143 Comments Last updated May 28, 2007
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Butch M

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Nice work. I hope they don't stop there and go after all the Mexican gangs of illegal aliens that are wreaking havoc on our communities:

http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_3_immigra...
KoryNDenver

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Hallelujah! For months the metro-Denver community has pondered why there was no news on any developments on the Williams murder investigation....now it turns out that law enforcement agencies were on top of things and the "quiet" was their professionalism in keeping things close to their vest until the indictments were handed down. Way to go guys and gals! Now we just need to all come together as a community and rebuke any efforts of the ACLU to complain about the use of the federal RICO Act against these street thugs. Let's hope they catch all these vermin before they go to ground, they stay in custody pending their trials, and all of their friends, associates, and family members are also closely scrutinized for any accessory crimes so that there is no where for them to seek refuge, aid or comfort.
Taking back the streets

Brighton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Great! Now the little chicken heads will start ratting each other out to get a lighter sentence.

Can we just have these gang members all shipped to Iraq instead?

Morons breeding morons has got to stop!
barney fife

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Lock them all up and throw away the keys!!! These and all other gang members have no use in society. Like satan, they only steal, kill and destroy lives. Let God deal with them!
Hang em

Loveland, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

KoryNDenver wrote:
Hallelujah! For months the metro-Denver community has pondered why there was no news on any developments on the Williams murder investigation.....
When I read this article, it does not say that any of these gang members were arrested for the murder of Darrent Williams. It appears that these members were arrested for other reason but just happen to be "linked" to the Darrent Williams case. There does not appear to be any news here at all as it pertains to an arrest in the Darrent Williams case.
Jeremyzo

Alamosa, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Does't really make me feel any better. Darrent Williams is gone forever. Just another loser behind bars isn't going to bring him back.
Snake

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

If you read closely you will notice that these indictments actually have nothing to do with the Darrent Williams murder case. They are being indicted for charges unrelated to his murder, but rather on weapons and drug charges stemming from an ongoing investigation which started long before the Williams murder. Hopefully law enforcement continues their diligence and gets closure on the Williams case.
Brad

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Isn't it a shame it takes the death of a celebrity for our government to take any action against these people. Don't try to tell me the government agencies were not aware of these people and the crimes they were committing before the Williams murder case. This is a prime example of the government turning their back and looking the other way until someone of notoriety gets killed. Don't think for one minute this put a dent in the gang activity in Colorado. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE>
What in the world

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Hang em wrote:
<quoted text>
When I read this article, it does not say that any of these gang members were arrested for the murder of Darrent Williams. It appears that these members were arrested for other reason but just happen to be "linked" to the Darrent Williams case. There does not appear to be any news here at all as it pertains to an arrest in the Darrent Williams case.
Be patient - it will. "Links" always means more is to come. Someone will talk and eventually there will be an arrest. As much as we want the people that killed Williams behind bars, remember that if there is more that can be accomplished (i.e. shutting down gangs and gang members) then lets take the time and accomplish it all. Sorry if it takes time, but I'm sure the Williams family would agree you don't want to just put a bandaid on the gang problem by arresting those involved in his murder JUST for the murder. Let's get 'em wrapped up in all kinds of federal charges too - then they are gone for a long time.
2blozro

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

I live across the street where they had a raid today.The D.E.A. A.T.F. F.B.I. GANG UNITS AURORA POLICE AND CASTLE ROCK POLICE AND THE K-9 UNIT.
They where there for 7 hours,they left with a box.
I did not see any arrests but I belive they all went to jail before I woke up this morning.
Kate T

Evergreen, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Butch M wrote:
Nice work. I hope they don't stop there and go after all the Mexican gangs of illegal aliens that are wreaking havoc on our communities:
http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_3_immigra...
Gangs are an issue for all races. There needs to be stronger enforcement & consequences for everyone who commits crimes, not just for those of color & from other countries.
donald

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

good i hope the federal and state police authorities found them the gangs members in california for the murder of the denver broncos,footballplayer darrent williams!!
NFL Is a Gang anyway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Why are we surprised when things like this happen? The NFL is nothing but an organized Bloods and Crips war.
Hello

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Kate T wrote:
<quoted text>
Gangs are an issue for all races. There needs to be stronger enforcement & consequences for everyone who commits crimes, not just for those of color & from other countries.
Ahhh yes but to 99.9% of the people who LIVE on this blog EVERYTHING that is going worng in this world is to be blames on "the Mexicans". They believe that if it wasn't for Mexicans their lives would be perfect! If they had a cross, they would be burning it.
carla campos

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

my sister was one of the people that were arrested today and the pitty I feel is for her children I feel a great deal of anger right now and I do understand why some of use feel the way you do but you don't know what it's like to be on the other side of the fence and to have to live the only life you know.
BSPF

Durango, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

NFL Is a Gang anyway wrote:
Why are we surprised when things like this happen? The NFL is nothing but an organized Bloods and Crips war.
I thought that was the NBA. My bad.
Lisa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

This is a tragedy
I NEED MORE INFO

Commerce City, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

HOW CAN I SEE THE PIKS AND HOW ALL THSE PPL WERE CAUGHT?
Colorado Copper

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!! This is why you never see an old, retired,rich drug dealer living the high life like the kids see in the videos and the movies. Lets run the tape of the arrests time, and time, and time again.
Colorado Copper

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Brad wrote:
Isn't it a shame it takes the death of a celebrity for our government to take any action against these people. Don't try to tell me the government agencies were not aware of these people and the crimes they were committing before the Williams murder case. This is a prime example of the government turning their back and looking the other way until someone of notoriety gets killed. Don't think for one minute this put a dent in the gang activity in Colorado. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE>
Brad, did you read the article adn listen to the news conference. The investigation has been cgoing on for 18 MONTHS. Darent Williams was killed this year, do the math. The investigation had nothing to do with who Darent Williams was.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Darrent Williams Discussions

Search the Darrent Williams Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Suspect indicted in slaying of Broncos' Williams (Oct '08) Mar '13 ana 3
David Haugh: Bears' Marshall speaks his mind (Oct '12) Oct '12 Murphstyle 1
The Stars Align For Tebow's Broncos (Dec '11) Dec '11 Full Moon-ing 2
Police: WR Brandon Marshall Stabbed By Wife (Apr '11) Apr '11 Coach Cam Cameron 15
Police: WR Brandon Marshall stabbed by wife (Apr '11) Apr '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Josina Anderson (Sep '10) Oct '10 Sniper 3
Josina Anderson (Sep '10) Sep '10 Jen 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••