Agent: Broncos shopping Al Wilson, no...

Agent: Broncos shopping Al Wilson, no deal imminent

There are 22 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Mar 22, 2007, titled Agent: Broncos shopping Al Wilson, no deal imminent. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

Al Wilson's agent confirmed Thursday night that the Denver Broncos are shopping around for a trade partner, but a deal for the middle linebacker isn't imminent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pete B

United States

#1 Mar 22, 2007
Trade the heart and soul of your defence? Are you out of your friggin minds????
It's time for a trade in Management & coaching. Never eliminate the ones who have gotten you as far as you have come.
robert

Boulder, CO

#2 Mar 22, 2007
what the heck this would be one of the stupidist move the broncos have ever made
Aprei

Aurora, CO

#3 Mar 22, 2007
i wish al wilson could stay if he can but if he gets traded we will always remember him in the broncos jersey sacking and keeping the team up
Lorenzo

Australia

#4 Mar 22, 2007
If the broncos were to trade Al Wilson I'll still be a fan but not as big a fan. I mean honestly how do you trade the heart and soul of this defense, a team leader on and off the field and an all around class act person. I know this still is bussines but if I have my choice to keep a player it would be Al Wilson.
BRONCODIEHARD23

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Mar 22, 2007
IF THE DENVER BRONCOS ORGANIZATION TRADES ARGUABLY THE BEST LINEBACKER IN THE GAME, CALL IT A HEARTBREAK, DISASTER, OR JUST PLAIN STUPID! PAT, MIKE, AND TED, DON'T DO IT, USE YOUR BRAINS!
broncofanforever

Boyceville, WI

#6 Mar 23, 2007
what kind of shit is this if they traded al wilson after 10 years of being a fan i wouldent like the broncos anymore how could you trade away one of the best middle line backers in the nfl damn mike
Greg

Aurora, CO

#7 Mar 23, 2007
When did the Monforts buy the Broncos?

“Editor: Denver Broncos forum”

Since: Feb 07

Andover, MA

#9 Mar 23, 2007
Stupid, just plain stupid if they do this. Unless it's a trade for like Ray Lewis... you can watch the D go to hell.
Iconoclast

Denver, CO

#10 Mar 23, 2007
I think the Broncos would make a great expansion team in Mexico City...that's where they're headed if they give up Wilson...we got rid of the worst offensive player...anyone??? Plummer..now why get rid of one of THE BEST defensive?

I'm pulling for the Av's but if they make the 8th seed, I don't believe they have the grit the Oilers did last year to make it to the finals...hope I'm wrong though...we still have the Eagles!
Broncos bad decisions

United States

#11 Mar 23, 2007
This is why the Broncos continue to fail

Why the hell do you trade this kind of talent over and over and over again.
PVO

Denver, CO

#12 Mar 23, 2007
What is wrong with the Broncos organization that they would even consider trading Al Wilson?!? His contributions are amazing -- both in terms of tangibles like tackles and also in leadership and spirit. "Business is business" but any successful business person will tell you that you should work to KEEP your top performers!
Justin Mendez

Denver, CO

#13 Mar 23, 2007
They are trading the heart the backbone the hole team if they do that no one will do as good as wilson do in the middle no in a bronco unifom
Not sure about this trade

Denver, CO

#14 Mar 23, 2007
I don't understand why the Broncos would even consider trading Wilson. He's got talent, heart, and truly is a leader. He's one of the best, I hope to see him in a Broncos jersey this season and many more.
Kevin

Denver, CO

#16 Mar 23, 2007
I can't even believe the word 'Trade' was mentioned with Al Wilson. Big deal, he's due 5+ million this year. It's not like he asked for a re-negotiated contract, it's what his current contract says he's due. The Broncos organization is being hypocritical. If teams are asking players to respect their contracts and not re-negotiate for more money, then teams have a duty to the players to pay them when it's time, especially with such an impact player. Perhaps the Pat, Ted and Mike need to revisit the film of the 4th quarter of the Seahawks game this past season to appreciate the impact he has on the defensive game. I can only hope the organization realizes what a huge mistake this would be and reconsiders its position.
Josh

United States

#17 Mar 23, 2007
To quote Greg from Greeley, "When did the Monforts buy the Broncos?"
Greg, you are exactly right. That's the first thing I thought of when I read this story. Looks like the Broncos are taking the same path as the Rockies, "trade away all of your talent to keep costs low". Hey.. Isn't Champ Bailey in a pretty lucrative deal? Maybe we should unload him too! Pat, you may own the franchise.. but this is our team. The fans DO NOT approve!
cayne flores

Aurora, CO

#20 Mar 23, 2007
this is crazy,i mean they just cant treat al wilson like that!this guy means alot to this city.i wonder"were is the love for a great player"?
chino

Aurora, CO

#21 Mar 23, 2007
this is just crazy............

“Editor: Denver Broncos forum”

Since: Feb 07

Andover, MA

#22 Mar 23, 2007
Al Wilson wrote:
Obviously the team has no loyalty to players, and we all know that the players in general have no loyalty to the teams. That’s why they jump ship for more green bills. So here is my question to you Broncos fans. Why do you have loyalty to a team that has won only one playoff game since Elway retired? Do you like all the abuse, including obscene gestures from the players you pay to see? Do you like supporting a team that is constantly “rebuilding”? What have they done for you that you support them? Put an end to it. Stop buying seats, stop buying jersey’s, cut off the support!
I'm sorry, you are saying that everyone must jump the bandwagon whenever a team does good? We support Denver because we are REAL fans. We go through the losses and the wins still supporting orange and blue. Why would you take the name of Al if you were going to come in here and question our passion for this team? Just because Denver has not had the success that we would all like since the Elway era does not mean we should abandon. We are fans, we love our team through it all!
JoJo Montoya

New Orleans, LA

#24 Mar 23, 2007
I believe Al Wilson is worth every bit of $5 million dollars and more. Hope we keep him.
JoJo

New Orleans, LA

#25 Mar 23, 2007
You must not know football...losing Al Wilson would be disastrous. Now for the Avalanche....when was the last time THEY won the Cup. That's right! When Roy was the goalie. Don't plan on attending the parade downtown in honor of the Avalanche just yet!
Avs Rule wrote:
Would losing him really be that terrible? The Broncos are terrible anyway! Why not bring in some new blood? I mean if they got rid of their QB who has the best regular season record in the organizations history to start a rookie and brought in a has been, washed up, loser…er I’m sorry “Well Traveled Veteran QB with loads of experience” to back him up will it really make a difference? Why not get rid of this guy too?. Next year Shanahan will make someone else the scapegoat and you guys can all talk about how good they will next season. Yada Yada Yada. Same old song and dance every year after not making, or losing in, the first game of the playoffs. Meanwhile The Avs are coming down the stretch and pushing towards another playoff appearance. They are 9-0-1 in their last 10! Don't you wish the Broncos were winners like the Avs and a true contender every single year instead of pathetic losers like the Cubs..er sorry I mean the Broncos

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darrent Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect indicted in slaying of Broncos' Williams (Oct '08) Mar '13 ana 3
News David Haugh: Bears' Marshall speaks his mind (Oct '12) Oct '12 Murphstyle 1
News The Stars Align For Tebow's Broncos (Dec '11) Dec '11 Full Moon-ing 2
News Police: WR Brandon Marshall Stabbed By Wife (Apr '11) Apr '11 Coach Cam Cameron 15
News Police: WR Brandon Marshall stabbed by wife (Apr '11) Apr '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Josina Anderson (Sep '10) Oct '10 Sniper 3
News Josina Anderson (Sep '10) Sep '10 Jen 1
More from around the web