Larrivee: Packers getting better, ref...

Larrivee: Packers getting better, refs got better despite missed calls

There are 117 comments on the WTMJ-AM Milwaukee story from Oct 1, 2012, titled Larrivee: Packers getting better, refs got better despite missed calls. In it, WTMJ-AM Milwaukee reports that:

Get all the news and information you need to start your day during Wisconsin's Morning News with Gene Mueller.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTMJ-AM Milwaukee.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
DA BEARS FAN

Lake In The Hills, IL

#101 Oct 9, 2012
eric wrote:
Just noticed in the MJS headline, Benson is out 6-8 weeks! So we may get him back 2 weeks earlier! Hooray for that!
Why would you care he sucks this year?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#102 Oct 9, 2012
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>The last time we beat the Packers was in 09 with Favre which is also the last year we led the division.
Thanks for agreeing with me. As I said, the Vikings aren't going to win the division in a poll. That is something that has to be done on the field. And we know how that's gone for the Vikings since 2009. Good luck!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#103 Oct 9, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Gotta give props to Clay Matthews, for coming out againest the NFL...because Texan's LB, Brian Cushing was injured last night, by an illegal chop-block, by one of the Jet's lineman, possibly Mangum. No penalty was called and after seeing the video on PTI, i could'nt make out the offender's number tho, the act is easy to see.....Matthews is entirely correct and it is time to see, whether the NFL is serious about ALL PLAYERS SAFETY......
I've said it for a long time. The NFL can't be serious about player safety as long as they pretend that only defensive players engage in dangerous or dirty play. Defensive players get injured too! Clay is right. If Goodell isn't simply playing a b.s. PR game, he will make offenive players responsible for player safety also.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#104 Oct 9, 2012
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>I dont think that they dont care.That was an isolated incident.Im sure if the refs saw it there would have been a penalty.What more can you do?
What more can you do? Goodell has fined or suspended a lot of players, sometimes even when the refs failed to call a penalty. Are you saying nothing can be done in this circumstance? Why?
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#105 Oct 10, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said it for a long time. The NFL can't be serious about player safety as long as they pretend that only defensive players engage in dangerous or dirty play. Defensive players get injured too! Clay is right. If Goodell isn't simply playing a b.s. PR game, he will make offenive players responsible for player safety also.
ESPN and NFL channels have given almost no coverage to this incident.....Wonder if Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers or even Tim Tebow had suffered this aggregious injury....if we would get any action? Wonder if NFL channel would ignore it?
Roger Baadell

Miami, FL

#106 Oct 10, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>ESPN and NFL channels have given almost no coverage to this incident.....Wonder if Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers or even Tim Tebow had suffered this aggregious injury....if we would get any action? Wonder if NFL channel would ignore it?
The NFL Network is the NFL's wife, and ESPN is the NFL's floozie biaatch. Neither will be very critical of their meal ticket.
Packluv1

Lake In The Hills, IL

#107 Oct 10, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
This year we may find out if it's better to have one of the highest scoring offenses in NFL history combined with a bottom defense, like last year, OR a top ranked defense with an offense that isn't very productive, like this year. As I constantly point out it isn't about ONE side of the ball. Football is a TEAM game. The goal is end games with more points than the opponent, not to have a high rank for a certain part of the team. I'm confident the coaching staff will make progress improving the offense and defense. Hopefully, the Packers can get to the point where they were much of last season. You know, playing like the best team in the league.
your defense is not top ranked,as bad as last year can't stop anyone! Bears are breaking nfl records with their. Old guys!!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#108 Oct 10, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>ESPN and NFL channels have given almost no coverage to this incident.....Wonder if Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers or even Tim Tebow had suffered this aggregious injury....if we would get any action? Wonder if NFL channel would ignore it?
If it was a QB that got injured, you can bet there would be a lot of coverage in order to support Goodell's b.s. propaganda campaign that he cares about the players. The guy cares about money. I understand that. In fact, since he represents the owners, it's only natural. However, it doesn't make the lies okay!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#109 Oct 10, 2012
Roger Baadell wrote:
<quoted text>
The NFL Network is the NFL's wife, and ESPN is the NFL's floozie biaatch. Neither will be very critical of their meal ticket.
Once again, Roger Goodell proves that he's more concerned about an unauthorized office pool than player safety! Take a player out for the season and nothing happens. Participate in a bonus program and get suspended for a year. The guy's priorities are seriously messed up.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#110 Oct 10, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, Roger Goodell proves that he's more concerned about an unauthorized office pool than player safety! Take a player out for the season and nothing happens. Participate in a bonus program and get suspended for a year. The guy's priorities are seriously messed up.
I agree with that....I'm thinking, true justice would be to suspend the player who commited the act, without pay, for the rest of the year or whatever matches the victim's recovery time.....
Easy G

Houston, TX

#111 Oct 10, 2012
EZG is a great great football mind...i have never laughed so much in my life.....
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#112 Oct 10, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with that....I'm thinking, true justice would be to suspend the player who commited the act, without pay, for the rest of the year or whatever matches the victim's recovery time.....
That would be fair. Imagine if it was a playoff team (instead of the Jets) and taking Cushing out helped the team beat the Texans in the playoffs. The NFL should take away the REAL incentives to play dirty, not just the incentives to play well.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#113 Oct 10, 2012
Easy G wrote:
EZG is a great great football mind...i have never laughed so much in my life.....
I agree. In the defense of most Viking fans, I've gone to their forum occassionally and I believe most of them would also be laughing at Bleeds Purple.
Rangars Tricycle

Houston, TX

#114 Oct 10, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. In the defense of most Viking fans, I've gone to their forum occassionally and I believe most of them would also be laughing at Bleeds Purple.
They will exclusively stick to their threads by seasons end again once another Super Bowl is not achieved...again...

The trend is to venture out during the regular season ONLY when fooled by a winning season...
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#115 Oct 10, 2012
Rangars Tricycle wrote:
<quoted text>
They will exclusively stick to their threads by seasons end again once another Super Bowl is not achieved...again...
The trend is to venture out during the regular season ONLY when fooled by a winning season...
I know. Then they whine about Packer fans being "bandwagon jumpers" and pretend they are such loyal fans. It's comical. Perhaps the inevitable disappointment that ends every Viking season is proof that "karma" does exist.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#116 Oct 10, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for agreeing with me. As I said, the Vikings aren't going to win the division in a poll. That is something that has to be done on the field. And we know how that's gone for the Vikings since 2009. Good luck!
I never said we couldnt or wouldnt win the division.What does 09 have to do with this year.I still think the division is up for grabs and were in the running.What you forgot is we won the division 08 too without Favre. I think the Packers are more of a long shot right now.Say what you want about EZG but allot of his facts and predictions have come true.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#117 Oct 10, 2012
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>I never said we couldnt or wouldnt win the division.What does 09 have to do with this year.I still think the division is up for grabs and were in the running.What you forgot is we won the division 08 too without Favre. I think the Packers are more of a long shot right now.Say what you want about EZG but allot of his facts and predictions have come true.
YOU were the one that pointed out that 2009 was the last time the Vikings beat the Packers. Did you forget already? And I never claimed you said anything about who would win the division. I simply pointed out that the Vikings aren't going to win it in a poll, neither are they going to win it after 5 games. The only way the Vikings win it is on the football field and that will not happen unless they beat a team that has been beating the Vikings every time for years!

BTW ezg's "facts" about being a wounded war hero were about as true as everything else he ever said -- not at all! There was nothing "true" about anything he ever said. He was the most ignorant, illiterate, stupidest, lowlife POS that has ever been on Topix. The fact that you would have anything good to say about such a pathetic, despicable, sleazy moron says all I need to know about you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darren Sproles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Not even Tom Brady could pull off miracle comeb... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 2
News Julio Jones leads Falcons past Eagles 26-24 in ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 1
News Eagles, Bradford talking extension (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 2
News Eagles RB DeMarco Murray led the NFL in rushing in (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 2
News Vikings dub McKinnon the 'Jet' (Jun '14) Jun '14 viking nation 3
News Cowboys Special Teams Only Ones Actually Special (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Danny Woodhead Could Be What Darren Sproles Was... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Football Fans 2
More from around the web