How Embarassing

How Embarassing

There are 35 comments on the thousandbars.blogspot.com story from Aug 22, 2009, titled How Embarassing. In it, thousandbars.blogspot.com reports that:

To think that I was once proud to be a Vikings fan, happy to hate our arch-enemies the Packers and, of course, Brett Favre.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thousandbars.blogspot.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
normallylikeyell ow

State College, PA

#23 Aug 25, 2009
Gotcha. He has more upside, for sure.
normallylikeyell ow

State College, PA

#24 Aug 25, 2009
In fact, would you want him in green and gold?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#25 Aug 25, 2009
normallylikeyellow wrote:
In fact, would you want him in green and gold?
Not me. I'm afraid he might get to play at some point. Somebody else can have him. I'm okay with the QB situation. Flynn already seems like an okay backup and Brohm may still develop. Plus, if Rodgers goes down I don't see TJ as the answer.

Besides, I kinda like the way the Vikes covet our players instead of it being the other way around.
ZSHOOTER

Anchorage, AK

#26 Aug 25, 2009
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me. I'm afraid he might get to play at some point. Somebody else can have him. I'm okay with the QB situation. Flynn already seems like an okay backup and Brohm may still develop. Plus, if Rodgers goes down I don't see TJ as the answer.
Besides, I kinda like the way the Vikes covet our players instead of it being the other way around.
Nobody has said that Green bay had bad players, but just like everybody got to get the whole thing working as a team. The group that can do that the best will likely win the SB.
normallylikeyell ow

State College, PA

#27 Aug 25, 2009
Fair enough. I am concerned about Brohm. Back in Rodgers' 2nd preseason there were people on here ready to hand him the ball. Does anybody want to hand Brohm the ball? The quote GBP (hope I spelled that right), "not me."

“Vikings Fan Forever”

Since: Dec 06

Chicago

#28 Aug 25, 2009
How embarrassing that you can't spell embarrassing correctly?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#29 Aug 25, 2009
Fair enough. I am concerned about Brohm. Back in Rodgers' 2nd preseason there were people on here ready to hand him the ball. Does anybody want to hand Brohm the ball? The quote GBP (hope I spelled that right), "not me."
Hopefully it doesn't become necessary in the near future.
Meh

Excelsior Springs, MO

#30 Aug 25, 2009
Not very.

Anyway, Farve got the Vikings media coverage..and I'm afraid thats about all he'll do for them. He is washed up, if the jets season did make that clear enough.

The Vikings had a chance, for all the hate..Jackson had a much better end of the year last year. Honestly he could "manage" the game better than farve. Call him a gunslinger all you want..thats just a nice way to say he's int happy.
normallylikeyell ow

State College, PA

#31 Aug 25, 2009
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully it doesn't become necessary in the near future.
Here, here.
normallylikeyell ow

State College, PA

#32 Aug 25, 2009
Meh, you can run down Favre if it makes you feel better, but they were sitting pretty with wins against undefeated TN and NE, before they unraveled. The 30 sacks had something to do with it. The Jets defense was awful down the stretch. They scored 8 more TDs than their opponents and led in time of possession. The reason the coach was let go was the defensive collapse, not the offense's slow finish. It makes everyone feel vindicated that BF wasn't himself, but Mangini is a defensive coach. He lost the team.
Favre

Singapore

#33 Aug 25, 2009
I did beat some good teams, but I also lost to some pretty pathetic ones as well,

4-12 Seahawks
5-11 Raiders
normallylikeyell ow

Hollidaysburg, PA

#34 Aug 26, 2009
9th in offense, 26th defense. Those are the stats. They gave up over 400 yards passing in two different games--and won.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#35 Aug 26, 2009
9th in offense, 26th defense. Those are the stats. They gave up over 400 yards passing in two different games--and won.
Are you saying the Jets lost games because of the poor play of their defense? I agree. I'm sure I've heard others say that kind of thing happens to QBs sometimes. I'm also sure they will be writing to back you up anytime now. LOL
sdlofnesoregas

Houston, TX

#36 Aug 26, 2009
Look out!!! The Vikings fans think just because if they are beating the pathetic Texans 38-9 by half time in a preseason game, that means they are legit!!!!!!!!!!

lmao!!!!!!!!!!

No Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!
normallylikeyell ow

Philipsburg, PA

#37 Aug 26, 2009
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the Jets lost games because of the poor play of their defense? I agree. I'm sure I've heard others say that kind of thing happens to QBs sometimes. I'm also sure they will be writing to back you up anytime now. LOL
Yes. Not that Favre didn't play well against Oakland or struggle down the stretch. But I saw all of their games. The D got worse and worse. They forced some turnovers early in the year, which disguised the fact that they were surrendering an alarming amount of yards. They hired a D coordinator, after all, not Brian Schottenheimer. Ryan said he wanted Favre back. You can draw your own conclusions, but those are the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darius Reynaud Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tennessee Titans' Darius Reynaud glad to have s... (Aug '12) Aug '12 ronald smith 1
News Minnesota Vikings: Does Signing of Ryan Moats M... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 18
News Vikings Sign former Texans RB Ryan Moats (Jun '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 14
News Judd Zulgad: Vikings wide receiver Reynaud now ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Bullfarts 13
News Happier returns this season (Nov '09) Nov '09 erie-pa fan 1
News Minnesota Viking Jaymar Johnson Rewarded For Hi... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Sage Rosenpercent 2
More from around the web