4 downs with David Haugh

The team that won't be beat can't be beat. The Bears simply refused to lose against a Packers team that outplayed them most of the night. Full Story
Wait till 2108

Oak Brook, IL

#1 Dec 22, 2008
One of the worst football games I've ever seen. I used to be an Orton believer. After 3 idiotic interceptions in the past 2 games, I'm not so sure anymore.
Jerseyboy

Stony Brook, NY

#2 Dec 22, 2008
haugh, what you think about your franchise qb now.. you are a loser you are clueless when it comes to the playing the qb position. rex has never had this string of bad games orton has had and yet you still give praise him week to week. orton should have had 4 ints tonight. wow anyone who thinks orton is good after tonight game is a fing idiot. i hope rex get some reps this week because at least he can make big plays.
vocal

Matteson, IL

#3 Dec 23, 2008
lol yes people let it out. Orton is a bust lol. He has had to much time in the system not to complete these passes. He made some really bad passes last night. The worst part is that they look so bad when he throws them. It hurts to hear these orton backers still holding on to the only turd with a neck beard. Now we have to deal with subpar orton and bad orton.
vocal

Matteson, IL

#4 Dec 23, 2008
rex is done man. I am sorry to say that he has run his course. The organizaiton must start over. I hate when organizations stick with mediocre players because the fans still pack the place.
Frustrated

Carol Stream, IL

#5 Dec 23, 2008
vocal...don't limit yourself.
Rex is done.
Angelos is done.
Lovie is done.
St Clair is done.
Babich is done.
The WRs are done.
THE BEARS ARE DONE -- have been for YEARS...and the McCaskeys, who were done 20 years ago must be the (done) WALKING DEAD.
ct bears fan

Hartford, CT

#6 Dec 23, 2008
These are the most idiotic posts i think i have ever read... Orton has definately had some "sub-par" games since returning from injury but most certainly is not as bad as you people are yelling about. He makes good decisions when it counts, stands confident in the pocket, and does not self destruct like rex when he has an interception.... If you want to criticize anyone then let it be our receivers (or lack of).. How many dropped passes again last night (although it was zero degrees)!! If we had one legit number one receiver to put along side with hester/loyd/booker orton would look a hell of a lot better. Orton's deep ball will improve as well as hester being able to pull in some of these underthrown passes (a couple he still should have caught)... Orton may certainly have quieted all the talk about big contract extensions but he is still and will still be a good QB for the Bears... We may still draft a QB for the future but for now Orton can get the job done good and has the potential to become even better..
Jerseyboy

Stony Brook, NY

#7 Dec 23, 2008
ct bears fan it wouldn't surprise me your live in meridan ct making a statement like that. you my friend are an idiot. i read throw that garbage you wrote an there is no way you can tell me that orton did not make poor decisions, sporadic throws and no awareness. the guy caused us 2 time outs that could have killed us if not for alex brown blocked fg. fans like you are the reason the bears went away from grossman to support this kind of garbage play. halas hall must be the laughing stock. matter of fact rex grossman stock just went up in free agency. after, all the crap halas hall tried to pin on him and kyle orton ends up looking like that teams will realize it was more about inept coaching and developing a good player than having a bust like orton. Orton has had 4 years with one Ofensive Coordinator unlike Rex and he still struggles. where was the audibles last night. this is why they didn't throw downfield with him because he sucks. every pass last night was over, under, or behind the wrs. devin was picking up grass hoppers all game. I guess the ground must of had a good week of practice because orton certainly kept putting it there. I am so happy that all the media sources can now s*t*f*u about how good orton is. anyone who tries to compare orton to rex grossman is disrespecting grossman big time. karma remember that word.. yup this is what happen when you forge a qb competition and insert a neckbeard with no big play ability.
JBS

Middleboro, MA

#8 Dec 23, 2008
The Bears are the only team in the NFL this season without a single pass play completed to a receiver who is more than 30 yards downfield when the pass is completed. So, there's the answer to all of the dunderheaded Orton meatballs who insist that his arm is strong. He is the only starting QB in the NFL that cannot complete a pass to a receiver 30 yards downfield. The. Only. One. And now he's throwing INTs. Remember the talk? "At least Orton doesn't make mistakes..." Well, now he is. And he still has yet to come up big in a meaningful game. It -- AGAIN!!-- took a freak special teams play and a costly penalty on the opposing team to allow him to DO ANYTHING on offense. Orton stinks. Anyone who doesn't see that by now should have their ability to talk about football revoked forever. Time to move on, Orton-idiots.
Florida Jim

Christmas, FL

#9 Dec 23, 2008
Ron Jawarski, ESPN analyst and NFL Quarterback HOF, was very uncomplimentary about the Bears' offense and particularly Orton.
"Jaws" said Orton looked his way to the interception and did not have the skills to drop passes over the heads of receivers, as the better QB's do. We see that , Lovie must see that why don't the Bears simply give up on Orton, Grossman and commit to a new QB next season. Tony Cornheiser said it has been 30 years with no good QB for the Bears while other teams change QB's every 3 years successfully, this may be hyperbole but it is not too far off. Only McMahon won and the defense was a major reason for the 1985 champions, not the QB.
Atlanta gets a new coach and drafts Matt Ryan who leads them to the playoffs while beating the Bears, Green Bay lets Farvre walk and Rogers steps in with a 91 QB rating, Rivers, Rothlesberger, Eli, but we are stuck with Orton and Grossman neither of whom would start anywhere in this league or even for Boise State. Isn't this pathetic? Let's demand action to get a "real" quarterback next season.
Josh

United States

#10 Dec 23, 2008
I am now an offical Orton hater. I have always liked Rex but since i am a Bears fan first i felt compelld to sit back and watch to see if Orton could "develop" into a solid QB. There were a few games in the middle of the season where he almost had me fooled but the real Orton is back on the field. It funny to see ORton supporters talk about dropped passes, what about dropped interceptions? This guy is lucky to not have 20+ INT's this season. He is boring to watch and teams don't respect the passing game at all. Look at the past month Orton fan. We had 2 TD's last night, one was a whoping 15 yard drive due to a muffed punt and the other was a 52 yard drive, ALL on the shoulders of our stub RB. I think at least 4 of Ortons last 10 TD have come on drives of less than 30 yards. Orton, i officially hate you and hope you get hurt against the Texans. Lets not forget that we have a QB on the sidelines who has won big games in both the regular season and post season.
madbear

Hermosillo, Mexico

#11 Dec 23, 2008
ORTON really really SUCKS!!
jerseyboy

Caldwell, NJ

#12 Dec 23, 2008
Josh wrote:
I am now an offical Orton hater. I have always liked Rex but since i am a Bears fan first i felt compelld to sit back and watch to see if Orton could "develop" into a solid QB. There were a few games in the middle of the season where he almost had me fooled but the real Orton is back on the field. It funny to see ORton supporters talk about dropped passes, what about dropped interceptions? This guy is lucky to not have 20+ INT's this season. He is boring to watch and teams don't respect the passing game at all. Look at the past month Orton fan. We had 2 TD's last night, one was a whoping 15 yard drive due to a muffed punt and the other was a 52 yard drive, ALL on the shoulders of our stub RB. I think at least 4 of Ortons last 10 TD have come on drives of less than 30 yards. Orton, i officially hate you and hope you get hurt against the Texans. Lets not forget that we have a QB on the sidelines who has won big games in both the regular season and post season.
thank you now you see what i've been saying so long. it's time for rex to get back in and finish the season. believe me he can't do any worst but sure can do better than what orton has done so far.

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#13 Dec 23, 2008
ct bears fan wrote:
These are the most idiotic posts i think i have ever read... Orton has definately had some "sub-par" games since returning from injury but most certainly is not as bad as you people are yelling about. He makes good decisions when it counts, stands confident in the pocket, and does not self destruct like rex when he has an interception.... If you want to criticize anyone then let it be our receivers (or lack of).. How many dropped passes again last night (although it was zero degrees)!! If we had one legit number one receiver to put along side with hester/loyd/booker orton would look a hell of a lot better. Orton's deep ball will improve as well as hester being able to pull in some of these underthrown passes (a couple he still should have caught)... Orton may certainly have quieted all the talk about big contract extensions but he is still and will still be a good QB for the Bears... We may still draft a QB for the future but for now Orton can get the job done good and has the potential to become even better..
Thanks, CT! This was in Briggs' column in the Sun Times:

No one's pointing Orton toward Canton, Ohio, but for Bears quarterbacks with 31 starts since 1961, only McMahon (46-15,.754) and Mike Tomczak (21-10,.677) have better winning percentages.

If Orton were given some better talent at WR, he might be having a better year! Bears are all-around bad, we need some real work!

Fuggit, GO BEARS! What if this team backs into a Super Bowl???
Paul

Oak Forest, IL

#14 Dec 23, 2008
JBS wrote:
The Bears are the only team in the NFL this season without a single pass play completed to a receiver who is more than 30 yards downfield when the pass is completed. So, there's the answer to all of the dunderheaded Orton meatballs who insist that his arm is strong. He is the only starting QB in the NFL that cannot complete a pass to a receiver 30 yards downfield. The. Only. One. And now he's throwing INTs. Remember the talk? "At least Orton doesn't make mistakes..." Well, now he is. And he still has yet to come up big in a meaningful game. It -- AGAIN!!-- took a freak special teams play and a costly penalty on the opposing team to allow him to DO ANYTHING on offense. Orton stinks. Anyone who doesn't see that by now should have their ability to talk about football revoked forever. Time to move on, Orton-idiots.
Even if Orton throw the ball 30yds downfield, do you honesty believe any of these clowns would be able to catch it? Also our wide receivers would have to be able to sperate from the defender in which they can not do.

The Bears Wide Recivers caught 3 passes last night. I think that is a stretch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danieal Manning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texans' Keo sees role increase (Sep '13) Sep '13 obidiah faletoi 1
Safety depth becoming a concern for Texans (Sep '13) Sep '13 frank 1
Houston aims to be NFL's top defense (Nov '12) Nov '12 JJ Fartt 1
Grading the Chicago BearsSpecial Teams (Mar '11) Mar '11 flaca 1
Bears GM says Smith in for extension (Jan '11) Jan '11 saberblade 1
Packers-Bears: 'Caveman football' for new century (Jan '11) Jan '11 TUBB29 11
Vikings close to signing Mike Singletary as lin... (Jan '11) Jan '11 bakerquaker 41
More from around the web