Smith to talk to Brown, Dvoracek befo...

Smith to talk to Brown, Dvoracek before ending seasons

There are 7 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 10, 2007, titled Smith to talk to Brown, Dvoracek before ending seasons. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Bears coach Lovie Smith refused to immediately confirm NFL.com reports that defensive starters Mike Brown and Dusty Dvoracek are out for the season with knee injuries, saying only that the injuries were ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Robbie

Skokie, IL

#1 Sep 10, 2007
Nice move trading your starting safety.
Mike

Beloit, WI

#2 Sep 10, 2007
You mean last years backup? Might want to check your depth charts Rob...
boonasty51

Broadview Heights, OH

#3 Sep 10, 2007
It was inevitable that Brown was going to go down with an injury this year. Angelo shouldn't have reinvested all that money into him, knowing that he isn't capable of staying healthy for a full season. That aside, the loss of Dusty is huge in terms of a guy who plays with a lot of aggression and passion. I think Garay will be good in the rotation and played well in the preseason. It's back to safety by committee and the hope that Archuleta will be dominant in stopping the run and Manning is as good as Brown said he was in the preseason.

As far as Lovie goes, it's him not admitting that he just lost two big cogs in the Bears defensive wheel. Face facts man, injuries are a part of the game ... regroup and focus for Week 2.
Walter

Memphis, TN

#4 Sep 10, 2007
I feel for Mike Brown, so sad. On another note Jerry Angelo needs to be on the phone with the GM of the Jets and tell him he trade the wrong RB. Cedric Benson is not the franchise nor the featured back, we need to use all three backs and then some to replace Thomas Jones. Where is the vision that he had in Texas he has not shown anything other than a sense of entitlement since being drafted. He remind me of other recent bust Curtis Enis and Rashaan Salaam.
meangene54

Ann Arbor, MI

#5 Sep 10, 2007
regroup? depth chart? what you see is what you get, the rest is junk.
like da coach use to say, its time to go back to da junk pile.
Bear_fan_NY

Glens Falls, NY

#6 Sep 10, 2007
Walter wrote:
I feel for Mike Brown, so sad. On another note Jerry Angelo needs to be on the phone with the GM of the Jets and tell him he trade the wrong RB. Cedric Benson is not the franchise nor the featured back, we need to use all three backs and then some to replace Thomas Jones. Where is the vision that he had in Texas he has not shown anything other than a sense of entitlement since being drafted. He remind me of other recent bust Curtis Enis and Rashaan Salaam.
Lets not be so fast in labeling Benson as a bust. After all he did face the #1 ranked run defense from last season. LT had a pretty bad game too. thomas Jones did equally as bad for the jets. Its only been 1 game. Lets see how things work out. Im a lot more concerned about the passing game.
Ezekiel Mack

Wausau, WI

#7 Sep 10, 2007
Mike Brown not hurt is the best safety in the NFL he will be a big loss

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danieal Manning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texans' Keo sees role increase (Sep '13) Sep '13 obidiah faletoi 1
News Safety depth becoming a concern for Texans (Sep '13) Sep '13 frank 1
News Houston aims to be NFL's top defense (Nov '12) Nov '12 JJ Fartt 1
News Grading the Chicago BearsSpecial Teams (Mar '11) Mar '11 flaca 1
News Bears GM says Smith in for extension (Jan '11) Jan '11 saberblade 1
News Packers-Bears: 'Caveman football' for new century (Jan '11) Jan '11 TUBB29 11
News Vikings close to signing Mike Singletary as lin... (Jan '11) Jan '11 bakerquaker 41
More from around the web