David Haugh's notes: McNabb talk shou...

David Haugh's notes: McNabb talk should wait

There are 34 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 24, 2008, titled David Haugh's notes: McNabb talk should wait. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Speculation already has begun in Donovan McNabb 's hometown about whether the Bears might be a landing spot in 2009 if the Eagles launch the quarterback Andy Reid benched Sunday - but named his starter for ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stratmaster

Germantown, TN

#21 Nov 29, 2008
Otis wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, he plays a Stratocaster....rockers have long known that Fender players are easily offended and hurt. It comes from the inferiority complex associated with playing an inferior guitar to a Gibson Les Paul Standard for example.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING YOU CLOWNS!! Let's see the Bears eat some Vikings for the holiday!!
Haha. That is actually true. I should mention my first new guitar, and still the guitar I play 90% of the time is a 1976 Les Paul Black Beauty Custom -- I mean not that the Standards are just sliced bread in comparison or anything.:)
Stratmaster

Germantown, TN

#22 Nov 29, 2008
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
In your humble opinion -----
Would you care to share with us ..... just HOW Bears management should go about getting "a real QB by the start of next season" ??
Any "opinion" about WHO ??
Come on ..... It's time to put your brain on the line, instead of just shooting your mouth off !!
I don;t know genius, you tell me? how does ANY team find a decent starting QB? Since Kyle ranks 20th in passing yards, and YPA, I guess there are 19 teams who found a better one. Hey, look who is #4 in passing yards, right in front of some guy you have probably never heard of named Peyton Manning. If it isn't Donovan McNabb! Gee, didn;t we have th chance to get him a while back too?
Bill

Wayne, IL

#23 Nov 29, 2008
Stratmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, look who is #4 in passing yards, right in front of some guy you have probably never heard of named Peyton Manning. If it isn't Donovan McNabb! Gee, didn;t we have th chance to get him a while back too?

Now doesn't THAT prove to you the fallacy of "statistics"??

That's why I laugh at the "Statistic Spewers" on these forums !!
Bill

Wayne, IL

#24 Nov 29, 2008
Otis wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, he plays a Stratocaster....rockers have long known that Fender players are easily offended and hurt. It comes from the inferiority complex associated with playing an inferior guitar to a Gibson Les Paul Standard for example.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING YOU CLOWNS!! Let's see the Bears eat some Vikings for the holiday!!

Ha ..... Ha ..... Ha.

Do many of today's youngsters even know about Les Paul ??..... Or do they think that his first name was Gibson ??

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#25 Nov 29, 2008
Stratmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. That is actually true. I should mention my first new guitar, and still the guitar I play 90% of the time is a 1976 Les Paul Black Beauty Custom -- I mean not that the Standards are just sliced bread in comparison or anything.:)
Damn you Stratmaster, ya got me! Nice axe (Black Beauty)!

You rock, dude! GO BEARS!!
Stratmaster

Germantown, TN

#26 Nov 30, 2008
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Now doesn't THAT prove to you the fallacy of "statistics"??
That's why I laugh at the "Statistic Spewers" on these forums !!
Bill, you said you wanted facts, so I give them to you, and then you scoff. Oh well, if Orton has a breakout game against theVikings tonight, I will stat to believe. If he has a couple good games agains decent defenses, I will have to eat my words, and then I will have to come back to Chicago and buy you a deep dish and brews at Gino's (is that still the place for pie in Chicago? It has been a few years).

p.s. This youngster bought his Les Paul when I was a youngster, 32 years ago.
Stratmaster

Germantown, TN

#27 Nov 30, 2008
Otis wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn you Stratmaster, ya got me! Nice axe (Black Beauty)!
You rock, dude! GO BEARS!!
And you're invited for the pizza too Otis!
Bill

Naperville, IL

#28 Nov 30, 2008
Stratmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
and then I will have to come back to Chicago and buy you a deep dish and brews at Gino's (is that still the place for pie in Chicago? It has been a few years).
p.s. This youngster bought his Les Paul when I was a youngster, 32 years ago.

Oh, I was referring to today's youngsters with their Wii guitars, not the more serious musicians.

I never could play the guitar. Somehow, strings and I didn't get along.... Did play the accordian, tho.... Does THAT give a clue as to my age !

Yep, Gino's sounds great !

Stratmaster

Collinwood, TN

#29 Dec 1, 2008
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I was referring to today's youngsters with their Wii guitars, not the more serious musicians.
I never could play the guitar. Somehow, strings and I didn't get along.... Did play the accordian, tho.... Does THAT give a clue as to my age !
Yep, Gino's sounds great !
Well Bill, I will let you know when I can get back to Chicago, but it looks like you are buying. As skeptical as I have been about Orton, I really was hoping he would prove me wrong last night, and then reinforce it by having a big game against the Packers too. Instead, I saw what I feared most; a QB who is pretty weak against a decent defense.

I hope Hanie turns out to be a gem in the rough, but that would be a lot to ask for. Maybe we can offer McNabb a case of chunky soup.

“Let's rock!!”

Aurora, IL

#30 Dec 1, 2008
Stratmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Bill, I will let you know when I can get back to Chicago, but it looks like you are buying. As skeptical as I have been about Orton, I really was hoping he would prove me wrong last night, and then reinforce it by having a big game against the Packers too. Instead, I saw what I feared most; a QB who is pretty weak against a decent defense.
I hope Hanie turns out to be a gem in the rough, but that would be a lot to ask for. Maybe we can offer McNabb a case of chunky soup.
Hey, thanks for the offer for pizza, Stratmaster! However, I don't have ANY appetite for solid food after last night's debacle!!

Bears could have had McNabb in the draft and passed because he is a local product (they were worried about the "home-boy" effect I guess). I think McNabb's best years are behind him and think we have to move on.

I had higher hopes for Orton earlier than I do now. Pity, I like the guy, but he can't get it done. If he had a few better targets, he might improve, but that doesn't seem likely.

Very disappointing! Rock on!
Bill

Wayne, IL

#31 Dec 1, 2008
Stratmaster wrote:
<quoted text>

Hey ..... Count the number of times that Orton actually had time to set his feet to throw.

He was running for his life the whole game.

But, you're right ..... I, too, hope they give Hanie some experience...... But, they won't...... Lovie, in his Dream World, still thinks that they're a Super Bowl Team.

“Let's rock!!”

Aurora, IL

#32 Dec 1, 2008
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
..... Lovie, in his Dream World, still thinks that they're a Super Bowl Team.
Bill, I think you nail it with that comment! Hell, EVERYONE (Bears owners, management, even us stoopid fans) seem to have bought into that fantasy!

Yeah, Urlacher with neck surgery, Hester with mysterious loss of ability on the return, wide receivers picked off the scrap pile etc. Whatta mess!

Pre-season, I compared this Bears team to a used car lot in Aurora....I was wrong, they are MUCH worse!! So what now, Bill?? Later! p.s. where's Dimz, NMR, Done, and the rest of the guys??
Bill

Downers Grove, IL

#33 Dec 1, 2008
Otis wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, I think you nail it with that comment! Hell, EVERYONE (Bears owners, management, even us stoopid fans) seem to have bought into that fantasy!
Yeah, Urlacher with neck surgery, Hester with mysterious loss of ability on the return, wide receivers picked off the scrap pile etc. Whatta mess!
Pre-season, I compared this Bears team to a used car lot in Aurora....I was wrong, they are MUCH worse!! So what now, Bill?? Later! p.s. where's Dimz, NMR, Done, and the rest of the guys??

Yeah ..... I was wondering about DiMzie.

He's probably ( like Lovie ) in a state of shock, and inconsolable.

Looks like RIOG is gone for good.

As for the team .......... During training camp, almost all of us realized that they were mediocre, but hoping that they still might produce and surprise.... None of us foresaw the current train-wreck!

As for "what now ?" .......... Not much will change as long as Lovie continues to live in his Dream World.

We can only hope that some coaches get "launched" in the off season...... I really don't blame the players for this mess.... You just don't get THAT many NFL pros suddenly "forget" how to play football.

“Let's rock!!”

Aurora, IL

#34 Dec 1, 2008
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ..... I was wondering about DiMzie.
He's probably ( like Lovie ) in a state of shock, and inconsolable.
Looks like RIOG is gone for good.
As for the team .......... During training camp, almost all of us realized that they were mediocre, but hoping that they still might produce and surprise.... None of us foresaw the current train-wreck!
As for "what now ?" .......... Not much will change as long as Lovie continues to live in his Dream World.
We can only hope that some coaches get "launched" in the off season...... I really don't blame the players for this mess.... You just don't get THAT many NFL pros suddenly "forget" how to play football.
Thanks, Bill! Good analysis. Ol' Dimz said this team was "just bad," he may have been onto something!

He's probably nursing a cold one somewhere, if I knew where I'd buy him one!

Keep posting, Bill! You rock!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danieal Manning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texans' Keo sees role increase (Sep '13) Sep '13 obidiah faletoi 1
News Safety depth becoming a concern for Texans (Sep '13) Sep '13 frank 1
News Houston aims to be NFL's top defense (Nov '12) Nov '12 JJ Fartt 1
News Grading the Chicago BearsSpecial Teams (Mar '11) Mar '11 flaca 1
News Bears GM says Smith in for extension (Jan '11) Jan '11 saberblade 1
News Packers-Bears: 'Caveman football' for new century (Jan '11) Jan '11 TUBB29 11
News Vikings close to signing Mike Singletary as lin... (Jan '11) Jan '11 bakerquaker 41
More from around the web