David Haugh's notes: McNabb talk shou...

David Haugh's notes: McNabb talk should wait

There are 34 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 24, 2008, titled David Haugh's notes: McNabb talk should wait. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Speculation already has begun in Donovan McNabb 's hometown about whether the Bears might be a landing spot in 2009 if the Eagles launch the quarterback Andy Reid benched Sunday - but named his starter for ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#1 Nov 24, 2008
Oh jeez, bury the McNabb talk already! Orton will be OK if he comes back to the form he showed earlier this season, and we have Caleb Hanie to develop!

Wrecks? Well, see ya!
Al R

Muncie, IN

#2 Nov 24, 2008
Detroit should look into McNabb

“Let's rock!!”

Aurora, IL

#3 Nov 24, 2008
Al R wrote:
Detroit should look into McNabb
I'd prefer if Detroit stayed as crappy as possible, Al! We have to have at least a FEW opponents that we can whomp on!

Then again, they whomped us last season!

Fuggit, let 'em enjoy the services of Daunte Culpepper!

GO BEARS!!
Gimy

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Nov 25, 2008
the mcnabb talk has been going on FOR YEARS. he's what kevin garnett to da bulls was...a pipedream. the "3 first rounders" demand is surely to go down but i think this team needs a wideout or two before i get pumped about getting mcnabb. hess is nice but...do we REALLY have a #1 wideout?

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

#5 Nov 25, 2008
No way do I want McNabb here. We finally have a homegrown QB that is on the come. McNabb is old and brittle and Orton has a much higher passer rating than him anyways. Let Minn. or TB sign him. NO thanks. If Angelo pursues him, then I really know Jerry has mush for brains.
Stratmaster

Germantown, TN

#6 Nov 25, 2008
" Kyle Orton has done little wrong this season except sprain his right ankle."

Are you out of your freaking mind Haugh? THIS is exactly what I was afraid of. We need a real QB in Chicago. Orton has palyed well against poor defenses, poorly against good defenses, and poorly agaisnt bad defenses. When he plays well against a decent defense then we have a START. At the beginning of the season he couldn;t hit a receiver in stride to save his life, and the only good games he has had were against HORRIBLE defenses. How can you write this junk?
IndyBearFan

Greenwood, IN

#7 Nov 25, 2008
Stratmaster wrote:
" Kyle Orton has done little wrong this season except sprain his right ankle."
Are you out of your freaking mind Haugh? THIS is exactly what I was afraid of. We need a real QB in Chicago. Orton has palyed well against poor defenses, poorly against good defenses, and poorly agaisnt bad defenses. When he plays well against a decent defense then we have a START. At the beginning of the season he couldn;t hit a receiver in stride to save his life, and the only good games he has had were against HORRIBLE defenses. How can you write this junk?
If someone was to show you a picture of a football, a mop, and a bottle of coke would you be able to pick out the football. I don't what you have been watching this season but is obviously not BEARS FOOTBALL. KO has done very good with the weapons that have been given to him, and you can't blame the ankle on him, please try to remember this Simpleton, he has only started 27 games, lets wait and see how he does as the starter for 4 years before we throw him under the bus like we did with WRECKS GROSSMAN. The only difference is WRECKS deserved it
Stratmaster

Germantown, TN

#8 Nov 25, 2008
IndyBearFan wrote:
<quoted text>If someone was to show you a picture of a football, a mop, and a bottle of coke would you be able to pick out the football. I don't what you have been watching this season but is obviously not BEARS FOOTBALL. KO has done very good with the weapons that have been given to him, and you can't blame the ankle on him, please try to remember this Simpleton, he has only started 27 games, lets wait and see how he does as the starter for 4 years before we throw him under the bus like we did with WRECKS GROSSMAN. The only difference is WRECKS deserved it
Only started 27 games? and your point? Will starting a few more make his arm stronger? Make is passing more accurate? The Bears will never, ever, ever win a Super Bowl with Kyle Orton at QB. p.s. why do you always bring up Grossman? I didn;t say a word about Rex. I said we need to FIND a real NFL QB. Name one good defense that Orton has played well against. Someone states the obvious about Orton and because of your man-crush that makes them a simpletone, eh?

Since: Apr 08

Park Ridge, IL

#9 Nov 25, 2008
IndyBearFan wrote:
<quoted text>If someone was to show you a picture of a football, a mop, and a bottle of coke would you be able to pick out the football. I don't what you have been watching this season but is obviously not BEARS FOOTBALL. KO has done very good with the weapons that have been given to him, and you can't blame the ankle on him, please try to remember this Simpleton, he has only started 27 games, lets wait and see how he does as the starter for 4 years before we throw him under the bus like we did with WRECKS GROSSMAN. The only difference is WRECKS deserved it
Orton is overrated thusfar...
the Bears have beat nothing but hot garbage team.

The Bears would of probally won the same number of games this season with either QB.

Matt Forte, a super easy schedule,weak division, and overachieving O-line and of course Matt forte is the only reason Bears have won at least 6 games this season.

Watch games?
Stop making the same excuses some cult fans have made with Grossman...."Rexcuses? "
"Ortoncuses" are just as bad if not WORSE...
Its obvious both QB's are just bad.
You can speak for yourself about waiting ANOTHER 4 years...
-simpleton-
Indeed.
Bill

Elgin, IL

#10 Nov 25, 2008
_DiMz_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Orton is overrated thusfar...
the Bears have beat nothing but hot garbage team.
The Bears would of probally won the same number of games this season with either QB.
Matt Forte, a super easy schedule,weak division, and overachieving O-line and of course Matt forte is the only reason Bears have won at least 6 games this season.
Watch games?
Stop making the same excuses some cult fans have made with Grossman...."Rexcuses? "
"Ortoncuses" are just as bad if not WORSE...
Its obvious both QB's are just bad.
You can speak for yourself about waiting ANOTHER 4 years...
-simpleton-
Indeed.

You sure have been sounding like a Rex apologist lately.

Yet, you keep insisting that you're not.

Have you gone "Schizo" on us?

No... Rex and Kyle aren't remotely the same... Kyle may not be all that we want, but he's light-years better than Rex... It's not fair to him to lump him in the same category as Rex... What more proof do you want besides seeing Rex during recent "mop-up" duties... He doesn't even look, feel, or move like an NFL QB in there.

Bill

Elgin, IL

#11 Nov 25, 2008
Stratmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Only started 27 games? and your point? Will starting a few more make his arm stronger? Make is passing more accurate? The Bears will never, ever, ever win a Super Bowl with Kyle Orton at QB. p.s. why do you always bring up Grossman? I didn;t say a word about Rex. I said we need to FIND a real NFL QB. Name one good defense that Orton has played well against. Someone states the obvious about Orton and because of your man-crush that makes them a simpletone, eh?

Why so negative about Kyle?..... He's the ONLY QB that we have...... Will beating up on him make things better?

He's been playing on a bad ankle.... Unlike a certain other QB.... Do YOU still run to your Mommy with your "Ouchies"?... Or do you gut it out?

Oh ..... And while you're at it ... What's your source for your "The Bears will never, ever, ever win a Super Bowl with Kyle Orton at QB" comment?

Is it your opinion?... If so, state so.... Not that it means crap to anyone else but you.... And it sure takes the bluster out of your statement.

“Let's rock!!”

Aurora, IL

#12 Nov 25, 2008
_DiMz_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...Thomas Jones, easy schedule, and strong Defense led Wrecks to a Super Bowl (which he managed to frig up!!)

Forte started the season with Benson-esque yards per carry, remember? It took a while for this O-Line to gel also. Amazing what happens when R. Brown and F. Miller aren't in there...

So far, Orton has a respectable 82.1 QB rating, including some games that he probably shouldn't have been playing in (GB, maybe St. Louis). Wrecks must REALLY suck if they can't rely on him as a backup!

I'm willing to see if he improves (not that my vote carries much weight in Halas Hall!).

Fuggit, GO BEARS!!! A win is a win, who cares who is QB?

I'd say that the "flash" you long for from Grossman is gone forever, Dimz. 2006 was an aberration....

...remember Todd Sauerbrun? Like Grossman, he was another Bears head-case with a burst of momentary brilliance. Last time we saw him, Hester was leaping over his prone body on the way to a touchdown!
Stratmaster

United States

#13 Nov 26, 2008
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so negative about Kyle?..... He's the ONLY QB that we have...... Will beating up on him make things better?
He's been playing on a bad ankle.... Unlike a certain other QB.... Do YOU still run to your Mommy with your "Ouchies"?... Or do you gut it out?
Oh ..... And while you're at it ... What's your source for your "The Bears will never, ever, ever win a Super Bowl with Kyle Orton at QB" comment?
Is it your opinion?... If so, state so.... Not that it means crap to anyone else but you.... And it sure takes the bluster out of your statement.
Why some people think if they insult others that makes their point more lucid I will never understand. But here's one for you. Crawl back into your cave.

I am not negative about Kyle. this isn't personal. I am negative about the Bears QB situation as we have none. you can stick your head in the sand and pretend Orton is the man. as long as managment isn't that stupid and goes out and gets us a real QB by the start of next season, I could care less what fables you want to tell yourself.

And yes, of course it is my opinion that we can't win a super bowl with kyle orton...duh. I believe that si what these are, opinion boards, right? you want fact boards read David Haugh... oops, never mind.
vocal

Richton Park, IL

#14 Nov 26, 2008
shut up with the orton hype. We is unproven and bad. Lol give me mcgoodneess anyday. At least i will have a QB to play with on madden. Orton is bad bad bad and bad. Look where our offense ranks and you will see he is bad.
vocal

Richton Park, IL

#15 Nov 26, 2008
and rex has more upside then boreton
Bill

West Chicago, IL

#16 Nov 26, 2008
Stratmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Why some people think if they insult others that makes their point more lucid I will never understand. But here's one for you. Crawl back into your cave.

Ouch !..... That was ONE MIGHTY INSULT there !.. I am destroyed and distraught !

Would you care to point out just where "I insulted you" ?

Stratmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes, of course it is my opinion that we can't win a super bowl with kyle orton...duh. I believe that si what these are, opinion boards, right? you want fact boards read David Haugh... oops, never mind.

Believe it or not .....There ARE people on these forums who present FACTS and well informed opinions !.. It helps keep the wackos guessing... Duh...... Tsk, Tsk ..... Wrong again !

Bill

West Chicago, IL

#17 Nov 26, 2008
Stratmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not negative about Kyle. this isn't personal. I am negative about the Bears QB situation as we have none. you can stick your head in the sand and pretend Orton is the man. as long as managment isn't that stupid and goes out and gets us a real QB by the start of next season, I could care less what fables you want to tell yourself.

In your humble opinion -----

Would you care to share with us ..... just HOW Bears management should go about getting "a real QB by the start of next season" ??

Any "opinion" about WHO ??

Come on ..... It's time to put your brain on the line, instead of just shooting your mouth off !!

Bill

West Chicago, IL

#18 Nov 26, 2008
vocal wrote:
shut up with the orton hype. We is unproven and bad. Lol give me mcgoodneess anyday. At least i will have a QB to play with on madden. Orton is bad bad bad and bad. Look where our offense ranks and you will see he is bad.
vocal wrote:
and rex has more upside then boreton

To: Stratmaster of Memphis, TN

Re: Well informed opinions

I rest my case.

“Let's rock!!”

Aurora, IL

#19 Nov 26, 2008
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch !..... That was ONE MIGHTY INSULT there !.. I am destroyed and distraught !
Would you care to point out just where "I insulted you" ?
Bill, he plays a Stratocaster....rockers have long known that Fender players are easily offended and hurt. It comes from the inferiority complex associated with playing an inferior guitar to a Gibson Les Paul Standard for example.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING YOU CLOWNS!! Let's see the Bears eat some Vikings for the holiday!!
Cowboy Fan

Cherry Valley, AR

#20 Nov 26, 2008
My biggest complaint about McNabb is that he seems to not even care. He was yawning before the game even started Sunday. There have been other games where he seemed out of shape. I know we all get tired, but come on, he is supposed to be a pro.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danieal Manning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texans' Keo sees role increase (Sep '13) Sep '13 obidiah faletoi 1
News Safety depth becoming a concern for Texans (Sep '13) Sep '13 frank 1
News Houston aims to be NFL's top defense (Nov '12) Nov '12 JJ Fartt 1
News Grading the Chicago BearsSpecial Teams (Mar '11) Mar '11 flaca 1
News Bears GM says Smith in for extension (Jan '11) Jan '11 saberblade 1
News Packers-Bears: 'Caveman football' for new century (Jan '11) Jan '11 TUBB29 11
News Vikings close to signing Mike Singletary as lin... (Jan '11) Jan '11 bakerquaker 41
More from around the web