Tough tests await Pats

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

The pushovers are in the past. Now the New England Patriots must prepare for the powers of the NFL.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
go Pats

University, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Judged:

Go Pats
Spy Cameras

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Judged:

The pushovers are in the past. Its all on spy film.
Patrick

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Judged:

From Charles Robinson, Yahoo Sports

MVP: Peyton Manning(notes), Colts

Manning spent the first half of the season operating without his No. 2 wideout, Anthony Gonzalez(notes), and with a running game that ranks 29th in the NFL in yardage produced. His offensive line is comprised of two undrafted players, along with second-, fourth- and sixth-round NFL draft picks. And his two previously unknown wideout reserves sounded more like a French waiter (Pierre Garcon(notes)) and a Wyoming cattle rancher (Austin Collie(notes)).

In spite of it all, Manning has arguably never looked better, starting the season with an NFL-record five straight 300-yard games and seven in his first eight. He’s on pace for career highs in accuracy, near a career low for interceptions, and could threaten Dan Marino’s single-season mark for passing yardage. Oh, and the Indianapolis Colts are off to an 8-0 start and have extended their regular-season winning streak to 17 games. With all apologies to New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady(notes), there isn’t a player more important to an NFL team than Manning.
skidrow wilson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Judged:

Patrick wrote:
a French waiter (Pierre Garcon(notes)) and a Wyoming cattle rancher .
"Manning has arguably never looked better"...lol,
he'll need to throw at least 50 tds in a season for Patriots fans to think otherwise...and we all know that will never happen.
Obviously the Clots and their fans are very concerned about this weeks game and why not - they're going up against the best the league has to offer.
Spy Cameras

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Judged:

Or maybe go 18-1. Lets review the spy film.
MarkyMarkAndTheG reenBunch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

Judged:

Don't get me wrong here Brady's 50 TD passes in 2007 is impressive but to say it's better than Manning's 49 where Brady essential played 2 more games (Dungy would pull Manning in blowouts and games that didn't matter towards the end of the season) and had 80+ attempts as well and ended up with 1 more TD... Come on
skidrow wilson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

Judged:

MarkyMarkAndTheGreenBunch wrote:
Don't get me wrong here Brady's 50 TD passes in 2007 is impressive but to say it's better than Manning's 49 where Brady essential played 2 more games (Dungy would pull Manning in blowouts and games that didn't matter towards the end of the season) and had 80+ attempts as well and ended up with 1 more TD... Come on
Realists always look to what "did" happen rather than "well you know?" scenarios...we like to think that if Peyton were good enough to throw 50 he would have. Or if he were good enough to win 3 Super Bowls he would have...etc. Brady keeps it "real"...
go pats

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

Judged:

peyton manning is the best regular season quarterback this decade. To bad the only season that counts is the post season and the honors lie solely with tom brady.
Randy Moss

Odon, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

Judged:

skidrow wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that Manning has arguably never looked better.
Obviously the Patriots and their fans are very concerned about this weeks game and why not - they're going up against the best the league has to offer.
That is so true:)
skidrow wilson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

Judged:

Indy Inferiority wrote:
<quoted text>
we're a few fries short of a happy meal...
tell me about it little lady...
Spy Cameras

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

Judged:

skidrow wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
Brady keeps it "real"...
Spy film helps.
MarkyMarkAndTheG reenBunch

Freetown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Pats fans going with the rings argument. "Brady has 3 rings Manning only has 1" cause CLEARLY Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino
skidrow wilson

Montral, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

MarkyMarkAndTheGreenBunch wrote:
Pats fans going with the rings argument. "Brady has 3 rings Manning only has 1" cause CLEARLY Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino
...you are correct little lady, except I am a retard...
skidrow wilson

Montral, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

skidrow wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Manning has arguably never looked better"...lol,
he'll need to throw at least 50 tds in a season for Patriots fans to think otherwise...and we all know that will never happen.
Obviously the Clots and their fans are very concerned about this weeks game and why not - they're going up against the best the league has to offer.
...I like to make my self look stupid as I watched the Beligenius make dumb calls...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dan Koppen Discussions

Search the Dan Koppen Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Center Ryan Lilja reunites with Peyton Manning ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Rupert 2
The Peyton Manning Effect: QB has made all of t... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Black Deal 2
Patriots' Tom Brady rides records to MVP (Jan '08) Nov '12 American Gentleman Samuel 3
Patriots have issues (Feb '12) Feb '12 ramfan9 1
Patriots' Tom Brady Named NFL MVP (Jan '08) Feb '11 Brady Too Dang Good 58
Brady like a broken record (Dec '10) Dec '10 Dynasty Rolls On 1
Patriots Offensive Line Jelling In Time For Jets (Dec '10) Dec '10 hey 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••