Dolphins increase offer for Green

Dolphins increase offer for Green

There are 169 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 31, 2007, titled Dolphins increase offer for Green. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Dolphins have sweetened their offer to the Kansas City Chiefs for quarterback Trent Green, his agent said Thursday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
ocala howie

Eustis, FL

#186 Jun 2, 2007
i just hope daunte can get off the bicycle next weekend and start to prove himeself.
Josh in dallas

United States

#187 Jun 2, 2007
Enough already! Drop this dumb trade idea please. Really, what are we trying to acomplish here? Are we trying to be 6 and 10? Maybe just good enough to get a middle of the pack draft pick while at the same time missing the playoffs again? This is just crazy! I've about had it w/ this team!
ocala howie

Eustis, FL

#188 Jun 2, 2007
Westsider wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, this deal HAS changed .... the Dolphins will likely end up sticking to the 6th round pick with a possibility of this becoming a 4th based on certain statistical plateaus being achieved (Currently they are offering to bump to a 5th). That would be a good value for the Dolphins if Green comes in and plays like they believe he still can.
The Chiefs aren't going to keep TG on their 53 man roster as that would force them to guarantee his entire years salary. The deal he has with Miami is more than likely 3 Mil per years.
The Chiefs have the leverage (regardlees of what this paper previously reported.)The understanding I had was he had a huge roster bonus due the first week in June. Obviously, not so. The Chiefs can keep Green all the way through training camp until the last cut, release him and get no compensation but the Dolphins would be screwed as that would be really late for them to get him in and prepared to play.
The newspaper totally mis-reported this issue. The only way Green could come here for zero compensation is after the last cut. A guaranteed 6th with a possibility to have it become a 4th is a fair deal for both teams.
I'm curious if Randy is shopping Plummer's contract? There's an outside possibility a couple of teams might have interest in him. Especially if some starting QB goes down early in training camp.
listen to this guy, he knows his stuff. what is up with plummer? i thought he was going to retire or something?
wetube

Hollywood, FL

#189 Jun 2, 2007
Josh, with a new coach and not a real quaterback do you think the dolphins are going to the super bowl? I"m positive but we have to be realistic.

wetube
www.wetubeforsports.com sports clips and more
Steve

Dayton, OH

#190 Jun 2, 2007
CHIEFS-GREEN FACE-OFF TO CONTINUE ON HBO?

The Kansas City Chiefs have announced that they'll be the next team to be featured on Hard Knocks, a joint venture between HBO and NFL Films.(And not to be confused with Homer Simpson's college research film.)

The series started in 2001, with an inside look at Ravens camp. In 2002, the series continued with the Cowboys. After a year off, the show moved to NFL Network in 2004, with the Jaguars as the featured team.

"There are no scripts or retakes for us as filmmakers in a series like Hard Knocks," said NFL Films President Steve Sabol. "Our cameras will be rolling from the time the players leave their families to the time the coach decides if they're 'in' or 'out.' Chiefs training camp in River Falls is a throwback to the old training camps in the '60s and '70s and we look forward to taking the fans behind-the-scenes of one of the great franchises in professional sports."

The show will debut on August 8.

The biggest question, as we see it, is whether quarterback Trent Green will be on the team. If so, we're looking forward to the parts where he continues to lobby to be traded or cut, and where G.M. Carl Peterson sweats like a mob boss at an FBI picnic every time Green walks onto the field -- and risks putting the team on the hook for his full $7.2 million salary if he blows out a knee or pops an Achilles' tendon.
Rumblefish21

Benton, KY

#192 Jun 3, 2007
marinofan13 wrote:
<quoted text>Great post! PS- how many other Dolphins were made to look like crap under Mike Mularkey?!!! I'm so glad that b!tch is no longer the OC!!!
I agree with your post!Open competition is great if we cant get green for nothing screw him and everyone is writeing Beck off how do we know he wont be better than cpep or green we dont!There is still along way to go dont forget we got a mature QB that is very accurate!He could possibly be the best we got by season opener! the fact is we have to sit back and watch this unfold I dont claim to be a fortune teller peering into a crystal ball but I say watch out for the underdog!He is the dark horse in this race and I believe that he might just have somthing to say about who is the starter!I hope that Beck is on top of his game because I am sick of the circus that surrounds the other two!Go Beck Go fins HELL YEAH!!! whats up!!
MIA

Pompano Beach, FL

#193 Jun 5, 2007
Why can't the dolpphins just dive up the 4th. They'ed be getting pro bowl xalicer QB, and a mentor 4 Beck. Is he old, yeah and is he coming off a concussion, yeah but he's still Trent Green. Just get the deal done.
FINS SUCK

Hialeah, FL

#194 Jun 5, 2007
WHAT DOES IT MATTER THE FINS STILL SUCK IN MY RECORD. GREEN SUCKS AND SO DOES THE WHOLE SUCKFIN ORGANIZATION/TEAM. THESE PATHETIC SCHLEPS DESERVE TO BE A 4-12 TEAM AND THATS WHAT THEY ARE.. SCHLEPS. GET OVER IT THEY SUCK AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE NFL NEXT TO THE LIONS.
MikeJonesCitrusC ounty

Bradenton, FL

#196 Jun 5, 2007
FINS SUCK wrote:
WHAT DOES IT MATTER THE FINS STILL SUCK IN MY RECORD. GREEN SUCKS AND SO DOES THE WHOLE SUCKFIN ORGANIZATION/TEAM. THESE PATHETIC SCHLEPS DESERVE TO BE A 4-12 TEAM AND THATS WHAT THEY ARE.. SCHLEPS. GET OVER IT THEY SUCK AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE NFL NEXT TO THE LIONS.
Glad to see the Shady Acres Mental Hospital gives it's patients access to computers and internet! Good for you!! Laughing stock of the NFL??? Are you kidding me?? It's one thing not to like a team...me being a Fins fan dislike the Jets, Pats, and Bills naturally..but your severe hatred of the team is unnatural...did your step-daddy beat you senseless as a child wearing nothing but a Dan Marino jersery or something?? Or maybe you walked in on your mother being bent over the couch by your neighbor wearing only a Dolphins hat?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Damon Huard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Dolphins Patrick Surtain, Damon Huard cu... (Feb '09) Jun '10 Dolpharts 29
News Kawakami: 49ers have QB quandary (Aug '09) Aug '09 Bud Long 1
News Orton throws 3 interceptions in Denver debut as... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 7
News History of Kansas City Chiefs QBs (May '09) May '09 SamE Boy 2
News Patriots trade Cassel (Mar '09) Mar '09 Pearyb 10
News Chiefsa Albert insists hea s just a victim of f... (Oct '08) Nov '08 He knows 2
News NFL Notes: Gonzalez sets TE record (Oct '08) Oct '08 Jayvon223KC 1
More from around the web