Chiefs GM Peterson takes hard line on...

Chiefs GM Peterson takes hard line on Green

There are 222 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 21, 2007, titled Chiefs GM Peterson takes hard line on Green. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Trent Green is losing his patience. And judging by recent comments from Kansas City President/General Manager Carl Peterson, you can't blame the Chiefs' quarterback one bit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Mike B

AOL

#1 Apr 21, 2007
I would rather pass on Trent Green than to give up any draft picks higher than a 6th rounder. Just can't get use to the idea that we have all our picks cept for the 5th round and best yet we have extra 2nd. Dolphins better not screw this draft up - they will be judged for a long time with what happens this year!
phintim

Cape Coral, FL

#3 Apr 21, 2007
7th is all Trent is worth if he wants to be here too because he will be here for free if we wait long enough!
Ghotirule

Hayward, CA

#4 Apr 21, 2007
Nice to see someone holding Chambers accountable for his under achieving.
Jason

Fayetteville, NC

#5 Apr 21, 2007
This is a staring match where the Dolphins know the Chiefs will blink first. It makes no sense to give in to them at all. Especially since Green knows the offense and doesn't need the time to learn the terminology and playbook. Wait until they accept a 7th rounder or sign him when he's cut.
Keith

Elmhurst, IL

#6 Apr 21, 2007
I wouldn't give K.C. anything at all. Wait until they have to cut him and pick him up for free. I was hoping that when McMichael left Chambers would be cut or traded, too.
KPR

Jefferson City, MO

#7 Apr 21, 2007
If the Dolphins get Green for more than a 6th round - THAT IS CRAZY! For crying out loud the guy is 37! RELAX, build the TEAM!
randy

Mankato, MN

#8 Apr 21, 2007
chambers has done nothing to warrant favoritism or pampering...and the great ones never need it b/c they motivate themselves to be their best. I wish we'd get a #1 receiver in the draft, but that may be asking for too much with all of our other more pressing needs.
sean

Long Island City, NY

#9 Apr 21, 2007
don't give the chief's anything they are going to have to cut hime with that kind of contract.He should know the offense because he played for cam twice,maybe different terminology.
Ken in San Diego

San Diego, CA

#10 Apr 22, 2007
If this deal isn't completed before the draft, we will get Green for a bargain. CAMueller must not cave in to ridiculous demands.

Bravo to Cam for "benching" Chambers at one point in camp. If your "star" receiver is not performing up to par, show him who is boss _ and that' exactly what happened. Chambers better pay attention in camp, and start making the tough catches, or he might be gone next year.
Stephen

AOL

#11 Apr 22, 2007
Carl Peterson needs to be drug tested. I would think Lemon would have more of a familiarity with Cameron's system, having played within it in this century. Why are we even wasting our time here? And I hope to all the powers that be that we do NOT give up a valuable draft pick for this piece of flotsam. A draft pick can bring a young guy who'll be here for 10 years or so. It shouldn't be used to acquire Methusula. Throw the rookie into the fire. Lemon can tutor him. Screw Green.
Ram

Australia

#12 Apr 22, 2007
Peterson is being unreasonable. A 37yo QB has maybe one or two seasons.... Welker was a demon that is why NE paid 2 picks. Phins should just now refuse to deal and wait for KC to cut Green just for Peterson being unreasonable. If we miss him unlucky, better off building for the future rather that reinvesting in players with limited futures....
Phinsfan

Miami, FL

#13 Apr 22, 2007
Sorry Chambers,Cam is just showing 'The Man' who "THE MAN" is.Shape up or ship out,just like everone else who didnt pull their wait around here. Better do what he says or you will be hitting the road too!Finally,its time to show what your made of.Lets see it!GO PHINS!!!
dmi

Bangkok, Thailand

#14 Apr 22, 2007
This is getting so good. don't blink on green and bench chambers...all in one article. We haven't seen this kind of leadership 'round here in years.
Fantus

Hudson, NY

#15 Apr 22, 2007
This guy is crazy. While New England did over pay for Welker, there are some huge differences. Welker will be in the league for a long time. Green has maybe another 2 productive seasons. Greens contract has to also be restructured to make him viable. Let this GM keep Green. He's a total idiot. I say at best we give up a 6th rounder. Green would be valuable to have this year, especially in our current situation, but there is no long term investment value. With out long term potential, and possible trade back value, you don't get high picks. KC's GM is an idiot. Please don't bite on this Mueller or Cam.
DCP

Studley, VA

#16 Apr 22, 2007
Trent Green tripped on his dress last year and missed the rest of the season. 37 years old and "recovering"? The guy's worth nothing until he can prove it on the field. Don't we already have one of those QB's in camp? Draft pick? RanCam better be smarter than that, or you can have my tickets.
h bomb

Apopka, FL

#17 Apr 22, 2007
I agree! Wait for Green to get cut. Put Chambers where he belongs. Light that fire under his butt and get him to work again. Anyone else hear rumors of Oakland being interested in Culpepper? How would Daunte for Jerry Porter sound?
dolfan8036

United States

#18 Apr 22, 2007
Green is one hit away from becoming a DEE DEE DEE
NATIVE

Boynton Beach, FL

#19 Apr 22, 2007
Screw Trent Green, Lets Stick with Cleo Lemon he know s the system! Lets trade up for Brady Quinn, let Cleo train him!!
Green light

Lineville, IA

#20 Apr 22, 2007
how about a 4 rounder for green
Green light

Lineville, IA

#21 Apr 22, 2007
you guys are gonna suck this year waiting for Cleo better take what u can get! go CHIEFS!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Damon Huard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Dolphins Patrick Surtain, Damon Huard cu... (Feb '09) Jun '10 Dolpharts 29
News Kawakami: 49ers have QB quandary (Aug '09) Aug '09 Bud Long 1
News Orton throws 3 interceptions in Denver debut as... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 7
News History of Kansas City Chiefs QBs (May '09) May '09 SamE Boy 2
News Patriots trade Cassel (Mar '09) Mar '09 Pearyb 10
News Chiefsa Albert insists hea s just a victim of f... (Oct '08) Nov '08 He knows 2
News NFL Notes: Gonzalez sets TE record (Oct '08) Oct '08 Jayvon223KC 1
More from around the web