Green watch: GM Mueller waiting for C...

Green watch: GM Mueller waiting for Chiefs to blink

There are 54 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 29, 2007, titled Green watch: GM Mueller waiting for Chiefs to blink. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

DAVIE Although the Dolphins added six second-day draft picks to their roster Sunday, the bigger news concerned the player who still isn't headed to South Florida as was expected.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41 Apr 30, 2007
Ramsterone wrote:
I wanted Quinn too,but I was worried about his skills.The experts who judge QB's say Beck is a much better QB and can start day one because of his intelligence.Ginn is a very bad pick at #9,I understand no one want to trade with Miami,but you don't take Ginn.
Ginn was a top 10 pick before his foot injury. Even with the injury, mock drafts had him going between #8-#18. It's not like the Fins drafted John Avery again who didnt even belong in the first round.
Dean-O

Winter Park, FL

#42 Apr 30, 2007
Rob wrote:
Do you think Beck is better than Quinn?
Does an injured Ginn Jr. worth the 9th pick over all?
Does anyone told Mueller and Cam Fins have big quetions at QB?
Well let's see how this guy Beck can play at this level; maybe we're all wrong and they know something about Quinn we don't, or they've seen something in Ginn Jr that makes him more valuable than Quinn.
And add "Tony Brown" Einstein's comment about getting an "injured Ginn, who could have been picked in the second round....

Mel Kiper had Minnesota at #7 picking Ginn in his LAST MOCK draft. Houston was all set at #10 according to Adam Schefter at NFL Network!!

ESPN started their day 2 telecast by having Jaworski roll film for 15 minutes on Ginn DESTROYING Aaron Ross and Leon Hall, the 1st 2 CB's in the 1st round. Ginn runs the same routes as Randy Moss...hhhmmm...what has he done in the league, and Ginn is actually an adult from a football family.

Lastly, Ginn started EVERY game in his 3 years at OSU, his foot was stepped on by a 300lb lineman in the endzone of his last bowl game....you remember that don't ya!!!???? When he ran by all of Florida's speedy WR's abd CB's on that special team???!!! He'll be 100% in 6 weeks, why rush??!!

If he's healthy, he's off the board for us.

So PLEASE, PLEASE do just a little homework before you embarrass yourself from your Jimmy Jungle Room Startup Computer.

And one more thing...STOP with Beck being 25....That'll give him 10-13 productive years instead of the 13-16 up-productive years Rick Mirer...EEEERRRR.....Brady Quinn will get to screw up 5-6 willing teams!!! LOL
y-not

Atlanta, GA

#43 Apr 30, 2007
phins fan 44 wrote:
The fact that Quinn fell to #22 tells me that many coauches saw similar things in Quinn, so I'll take Beck. He's a big, has a strong arm and ran an agressive passing offense. Cam is known for developing QBs so I say that we let this one play out. Ginn's injury was minor and he has the speed and agility to be a play maker which we sorely need. The other picks fill needs but let's face it, time is the only way to know. I like how Cam and Mueller have worked together. In the past regimes, we would have caved by now on Green and given up too much. Their patience will pay off. Frankly, I think the Phins will surprise a lot of people this year.
Exactly how I see it - You are a very wise person!
Rick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#44 Apr 30, 2007
Dean-O wrote:
<quoted text>
And one more thing...STOP with Beck being 25....That'll give him 10-13 productive years instead of the 13-16 up-productive years Rick Mirer...EEEERRRR.....Brady Quinn will get to screw up 5-6 willing teams!!! LOL
Excellent post Dean-O. Nothing like adding a few facts to the discussion of Ginn and his draft value.
rob

Homosassa, FL

#45 Apr 30, 2007
i love the draft picks and I dont see green in a dolphins uniform and that does not disappoint me. The Chiefs will keep him out of spite and i hope to see culpepper and ginn have a great connection as he did with moss, and dont overlook lemon. Im a big lemon supporter and he or beck will be the qb of the future for the dolphins and somehow i hope the o-line actually blocks someone this year.
Shoe

Four Oaks, NC

#46 Apr 30, 2007
As far as trading back to get Ginn because he was only supposed to be a mid-to-late first rounder, did any of you watch the draft on NFL network? Adam Schefler (sp?) said that Houston was gonna take him at pick 10, and was trying to trade out of 10 once Miami made the pick. That means if Ginn IS the man Miami wanted, trading back for another pick and still getting him was NOT an option. It also means that at least one other team valued him as highly as Miami did.
jsmith76

Hutchinson, KS

#47 Apr 30, 2007
andrew, can yo do anymore whining. unfair, unsportsmanlike. give me a break, boo hoo hoo. none of the experts have said that it is fair that miami is only offering a sixth, he is a pro bowl qb. what did you get for wes welker, a 3rd & a 7th. all you dolphin fans have fun with cleo lemon as your qb.
Casual Observer

United States

#48 Apr 30, 2007
Dean-O wrote:
<quoted text>
And add "Tony Brown" Einstein's comment about getting an "injured Ginn, who could have been picked in the second round....
Mel Kiper had Minnesota at #7 picking Ginn in his LAST MOCK draft. Houston was all set at #10 according to Adam Schefter at NFL Network!!
ESPN started their day 2 telecast by having Jaworski roll film for 15 minutes on Ginn DESTROYING Aaron Ross and Leon Hall, the 1st 2 CB's in the 1st round. Ginn runs the same routes as Randy Moss...hhhmmm...what has he done in the league, and Ginn is actually an adult from a football family.
Lastly, Ginn started EVERY game in his 3 years at OSU, his foot was stepped on by a 300lb lineman in the endzone of his last bowl game....you remember that don't ya!!!???? When he ran by all of Florida's speedy WR's abd CB's on that special team???!!! He'll be 100% in 6 weeks, why rush??!!
So PLEASE, PLEASE do just a little homework before you embarrass yourself from your Jimmy Jungle Room Startup Computer.
Good, now I don't have to say it.
OSU_UF_alumni_Do lfan

Germantown, TN

#49 May 1, 2007
This was a special teams and big play draft. Wes shined for the same reasons Ted does, but Ted is faster more elusive and has better hands. Beck was throwing down his own play-action stunts in big games. There are so many big plays that will open up here it is redikerous. DEFENCE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS! We have one old or not(#4). Now we have a few big playmakers Ginn, Brown, Booker(x2), Chambers, Reagan and maybe Williams. From the media "draft grades" at least they will not be expecting it in New England. ALSO!We also gotta understand C-pep may make a full recovery and have his young moss waiting right there in Ginn. Ok I may be dreaming there. Beck to Ginn in two years is fine with me. Trent who?
dmi

Bangkok, Thailand

#50 May 1, 2007
andrew wrote:
I cant believe Cammy Cam is allowing those SQUIRTS over in KC (who cant win with that fantastic o-line theyve had for years) treat us like this. Grow some testicles Cammy Cam!
SOLVE THE PROBLEM. Get someone down here already, practicing, preparing for 2007 season.
Woe. This is an intelligent post, not worth quoting.
joeblow

Santa Barbara, CA

#51 May 1, 2007
jsmith76 wrote:
andrew, can yo do anymore whining. unfair, unsportsmanlike. give me a break, boo hoo hoo. none of the experts have said that it is fair that miami is only offering a sixth, he is a pro bowl qb. what did you get for wes welker, a 3rd & a 7th. all you dolphin fans have fun with cleo lemon as your qb.
Wow, if I didn't have a good friend from KC, and you and K. Peterson were my only examples, I'd say that's a pretty stupid part of the country. We got a SECOND and a 7th for Welker. You don't even quote your own (stupid) GM correctly!

Here's the deal K? You guys want to keep Green, pay him 7 million next year and allocate 8 million to the cap (for incentives). Good luck signing your rookie class for that money. And good luck getting him to play for you since you've publicly rejected him (all professional athletes really love public rejection!). If you're unwilling to pay that than you'll be releasing him and he'll be playing for us.

Both results point to one inevitable conclusion. Peterson shoulda taken the 6th when it was offered.

When you realize the Chiefs organization has hurt your favorite team, you'll understand. Til then, you'll be poorly representing your fellow KC residents.
John from Davie

Hollywood, FL

#52 May 1, 2007
Love the picks... Can't wait for camp.
Go Fins!
Rob

Panama, Panama

#53 May 5, 2007
Dean-O wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if the Texans were going to pick Ginn Jr. with their first selection of the draft, but a fact is that "Mel Kiper had Minnesota at #7 picking Ginn in his LAST MOCK draft" but the Vikings past on him with their first selection and drafted Peterson. I don't have anything against this kid Ginn, because he can run (healty). I have read experts reports about him, questioning his ability to run routs and catching skills, and in addition to that he's hurt, he's only 175 pounds and 5'10''; in Ginn Jr's favor he has the speed (again healty 100%) and is a lethal weapon on special teams, and i like this very much, because the Dolphins don't have this kind of player. Once again, i was just wondering: "Does an injured Ginn Jr. worth the 9th pick over all?"...as you see i did my homework, we both like Ginn Jr., it's just that we are not agree about the spot he was drafted...that's all
Rob

Panama, Panama

#54 May 5, 2007
Dean-O wrote:
<quoted text>
before you embarrass yourself from your Jimmy Jungle Room Startup Computer.
LOL
By the way, i'm not going to answer this part of your comment becuase GOD loves you and me the same; GOD IS LOVE...GOD BLESS YOU

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Damon Huard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Dolphins Patrick Surtain, Damon Huard cu... (Feb '09) Jun '10 Dolpharts 29
News Kawakami: 49ers have QB quandary (Aug '09) Aug '09 Bud Long 1
News Orton throws 3 interceptions in Denver debut as... (Aug '09) Aug '09 leo from cornelia 7
News History of Kansas City Chiefs QBs (May '09) May '09 SamE Boy 2
News Patriots trade Cassel (Mar '09) Mar '09 Pearyb 10
News Chiefsa Albert insists hea s just a victim of f... (Oct '08) Nov '08 He knows 2
News NFL Notes: Gonzalez sets TE record (Oct '08) Oct '08 Jayvon223KC 1
More from around the web