USC football notebook: Subbing for Ba...

USC football notebook: Subbing for Barkley not considered

There are 5 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Nov 8, 2009, titled USC football notebook: Subbing for Barkley not considered. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

USC coach Pete Carroll said Sunday night he never considered removing freshman quarterback Matt Barkley from the Trojans' 14-9 victory over Arizona State.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

DJS

Takoma Park, MD

#1 Nov 9, 2009
Coach Bates is not very good, it's not Barkley's fault....... actually Coach Bates Stinks!
Wow USC is very below average with this joker running the offense.
TrojanRon

Austin, TX

#2 Nov 9, 2009
#1 receiver Williams out,#2 McCoy doubtful,#1 DE Griffen doubtful; Trojans favored by 11. As a Trojan fan I hate to say it, but a Stanford + 11 bet looks like easy money!!
Doug

United States

#3 Nov 9, 2009
Scott:

At the start of this season, did you believe USC would be 3-1 in road games against Ohio State, CAL, Oregon and Notre Dame?

Unlike last season, USC is playing a ton of youth.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Have a good one.
SCOOBYDAC

United States

#4 Nov 14, 2009
I THINK ITS REAL SAD HOW PETE CARROLL TREAT MITCH MUSTAIN ITS GOT TO BE POLITICS OR SOMETHING BECAUSE MATT BARKLEY HASNT DONE ANYTHING THIS YEAR AND THE GUY DONT EVEN GIVE MITCH A CHANCE HE GAVE AARON CORP A SHOT HE STUNK IT UP AND WHEN HE DO PUT MITCH IN THE GAME HE MAKE HIM SIT ON THE BALL BY HANDING IT OFF EVERY DOWN ITS LIKE HE DONT WANT MITCH TO SHOWCASE HIS ARM AND THEN THE CROWD GO CRAZY AND START A Q.B CONTRAVERSY I THINK MITCH IS BEING A REAL STAND UP GUY BY TAKING A BACKSEAT TO THOSE GUYS HEYYYY GIVE THAT MAN A SHOT
Andrew

Mountain View, CA

#5 Nov 15, 2009
"Obviously, they're beatable. Stanford bombed them."

Yes Pete, Oregon is such a bad team because they lost to Stanford.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Damian Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Washington blasts Saints safety's 'dirty' play (Dec '11) Dec '11 Whistlegas 3
News Titans fall to Falcons 23-17 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Ravens 1
News USC freshman Woods catches spotlight (Oct '10) Oct '10 Chosen Traveler 1
News Dynasty remake? (Aug '10) Aug '10 Brew In 1
News College Football Countdown: No. 13 USC (Aug '10) Aug '10 Chosen Traveler 1
News USC's Matt Barkley named to Davey O'Brien Quart... (Jul '10) Aug '10 Chosen Traveler 199
News Team #14 - USC Trojans College Football Preview (Jul '10) Jul '10 Chosen Traveler 1
More from around the web