USC tight end McCoy: Mental errors hu...

USC tight end McCoy: Mental errors hurt us

There are 12 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 21, 2009, titled USC tight end McCoy: Mental errors hurt us. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

USC is 10 games into the season, but the Trojans' offense is still making mistakes indicative of the early season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Jack

Simi Valley, CA

#1 Nov 21, 2009
Maybe the best thing that can happen is for both UCLA and Arizona to work SC over....If Barkley is struggling in practice then what the hell you think is going to happen in these upcoming games against some pretty good defenses. Maybe this is what PC needs to see...Barkley stinking up the joint in the last two games like he has in the previous two games.....PC has always stressed two things in this program; protect the ball and it's all about competition.....for some reason when it comes to Barkley these two have gone out the window.....this is the primary reason that SC is struggling....there is one set of rules for 99% of the team...and another set for Barkley....Only in America can someone get all kinds of adulation for doing absoultely nothing...this applies to both Barkley and Obama.
Trojan Fan

Riverside, CA

#2 Nov 21, 2009
The biggest mental mistake is Pete Carroll's: keeping Barkley in the game. Barkley is now struggling during practice. Can you imagine how bad he'll be in the next 2 games? Prepare the other quarterbacks. Having an option quarterback would be a nice little spin for UCLA. Keeping Barkley in the game is kissing off the remaining games. Does't anyone care?
Trojan Fan

Riverside, CA

#3 Nov 21, 2009
I could'nt agree with you more, Jack. The facts are facts. We do have 2 other quarterbacks that can be prepared and used for relief of a struggling quarterback.5527
RESPIRATO

Long Beach, CA

#4 Nov 21, 2009
I dont think Ive ever seen this amount of injuries to a Pete Carroll team, these key players have missed games... Barkley, Havilli, Johnson,Mays,Mccoy,Ayles,Augsb urry,Rojo,O'dowd,Wright,Willia ims,Griffin,jones,the big Samoian DT, It didnt help that the back up tight ends cant catch... Ayles dropped 2 td's and Ellison 1...And whats the story on Trevon Patterson....can he play or not???? Barkley cant run and has a problem with throwing INT'S. He was terrible in High school, and I see him throwing 5 -6 int's in the next 2 games. If SC can recruit a top rated hs QB this fall.... Barkley will be replaced,in 1 -2 years He's not that good and he has been pumped up by Carroll and Bates to help his EGO, and because of Sanchez leaving
RESPIRATO

Long Beach, CA

#5 Nov 21, 2009
Trojan Fan wrote:
The biggest mental mistake is Pete Carroll's: keeping Barkley in the game. Barkley is now struggling during practice. Can you imagine how bad he'll be in the next 2 games? Prepare the other quarterbacks. Having an option quarterback would be a nice little spin for UCLA. Keeping Barkley in the game is kissing off the remaining games. Does't anyone care?
VERY GOOD IDEA.....PUT CORP IN AND LET HIM RUN THE SPEED OPTION..... PUT IN THE WILDCAT, AND LET GABLE AND MCKNIGHT RUN TO DAYLIGHT
RESPIRATO

Long Beach, CA

#6 Nov 21, 2009
Ha Ha did you see the look on Charles Weis's face ....Well U CONN put the foot back in football 234 yards rushing. That foot also went up Weis big backside.....Thats all folks. If U CONN can run like that what do you think STANFORD will do next week ???? Hey SC remember the POWER the BLAST and the SWEEP??? and dont forget the Counter and the Trap
Allan

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Nov 22, 2009
Jack wrote:
Maybe the best thing that can happen is for both UCLA and Arizona to work SC over....If Barkley is struggling in practice then what the hell you think is going to happen in these upcoming games against some pretty good defenses. Maybe this is what PC needs to see...Barkley stinking up the joint in the last two games like he has in the previous two games.....PC has always stressed two things in this program; protect the ball and it's all about competition.....for some reason when it comes to Barkley these two have gone out the window.....this is the primary reason that SC is struggling....there is one set of rules for 99% of the team...and another set for Barkley....Only in America can someone get all kinds of adulation for doing absoultely nothing...this applies to both Barkley and Obama.
Figures....only a republican would think like that....fool.
Jack

Simi Valley, CA

#8 Nov 22, 2009
Hey Allan, are you one of those pain in the butt liberals who thinks the "Chosen One", aka Obama, is going to pay your mortgage/rent and car payment every month? The point I was making is that neither of these two have done anything of significance, yet they are being constantly showered with adulation. If my statement is above your intellectual capabilities, then there is always adult school to increase your knowledge base. The reason I say this, is that anyone who ends a statement with the word, "fool", tells me that they are of low level intelligence. By the way, I am a INDEPENDENT!
RESPIRATO

Monrovia, CA

#9 Nov 22, 2009
Jack wrote:
Hey Allan, are you one of those pain in the butt liberals who thinks the "Chosen One", aka Obama, is going to pay your mortgage/rent and car payment every month? The point I was making is that neither of these two have done anything of significance, yet they are being constantly showered with adulation. If my statement is above your intellectual capabilities, then there is always adult school to increase your knowledge base. The reason I say this, is that anyone who ends a statement with the word, "fool", tells me that they are of low level intelligence. By the way, I am a INDEPENDENT!
WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE ABOUT BARKLEY AND MC KNIGHT.....THERE IS SOME THING STRANGE GOING ON. THOSE 2 INDIVIDUALS HAVE GOOTEN SPECIAL TREATMENT AND THAT CAN UNDERMINE YOUR PROGRAM.

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

#10 Nov 22, 2009
RESPIRATO wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE ABOUT BARKLEY AND MC KNIGHT.....THERE IS SOME THING STRANGE GOING ON. THOSE 2 INDIVIDUALS HAVE GOOTEN SPECIAL TREATMENT AND THAT CAN UNDERMINE YOUR PROGRAM.
this team is NOT A "TEAM" a bunch of 5 & 4 star recruites playing for their NFL contracts, Not for good ol' USC.
RESPIRATO

Monrovia, CA

#11 Nov 23, 2009
manhattan_beach_dude wrote:
<quoted text>
this team is NOT A "TEAM" a bunch of 5 & 4 star recruites playing for their NFL contracts, Not for good ol' USC.
DUDE I THINK YOUR RIGHT!!!! IF YOU WANT TO GET TO YTHE NEXT LEVEL THEN UNCLE PETE'S THE GUY TO GET YOU THERE.....ONLY PROBLEM IS, YOU HAVE TO WIN AND KICK ASS
El Quixotian

United States

#12 Nov 23, 2009
Wait, all of the sudden, it's all the Offense's fault?

Piling on one article with points you've all been trying to make, having shot your wads on the defense last week?

Heh, Barkley's had a nice two minute drill for awhile, so he's got skills, but the adreniline from the first few games has turned into an accelerator for panic throws. Naturally, it doesn't help that he hasn't had a consistant crew to work up nuanced timing and communication rapport. If McCoy hinting that the reason Barkley's so readible is because the line or receivers are missing their marks?

Other then the one TERRIBLE pick 6, and the other bouncy bouncy that Stanford wound up with (which should have been thrown into the turf, instead of the scrum) the bigges problem on Offense I saw against Stanford was the 30 yard sprints to the ends by McKnight. Like Mays, it seems he's avoiding contact, saving his body for the NFL. If Bradford was plowing North and South, there would have been more gains through the holes which would widened as Stanford tired.

And that's the biggest let down of the offense, they left Stanford out there too long slamming against our young defense. Guess what, this year we bend, AND break.

But if coaching realized that they needed to let the kids use their speed to react to Chip Kelly's pinball wizardry, then needed to get back to the blitz for Stanford. The whole concept of "we play our game, we don't worry about adjusting to the opponent" is exactly what killed us against Texas.

Until further notice, until we have perfect storm of coaching and talent, with the latest scemes, we have to scout the other teams.

Spread kills, the game is changing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Damian Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Washington blasts Saints safety's 'dirty' play (Dec '11) Dec '11 Whistlegas 3
News Titans fall to Falcons 23-17 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Ravens 1
News USC freshman Woods catches spotlight (Oct '10) Oct '10 Chosen Traveler 1
News Dynasty remake? (Aug '10) Aug '10 Brew In 1
News College Football Countdown: No. 13 USC (Aug '10) Aug '10 Chosen Traveler 1
News USC's Matt Barkley named to Davey O'Brien Quart... (Jul '10) Aug '10 Chosen Traveler 199
News Team #14 - USC Trojans College Football Preview (Jul '10) Jul '10 Chosen Traveler 1
More from around the web