USC finds points of interest in victory

USC finds points of interest in victory

There are 32 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Oct 24, 2009, titled USC finds points of interest in victory. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

USC's Damian Williams, center, scores on a 63-yard punt return in the fourth quarter of the Trojans' 42-36 victory over Oregon State on Saturday at the Coliseum.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Erickson and Stoops

Inglewood, CA

#24 Oct 25, 2009
WHAT iF...you got it! You're right.. Spike was one of the Long Beach "Ice Bitches"...
Spike

Wolf Point, MT

#25 Oct 26, 2009
Nice, name calling. Typical Trojan fan that doesn't have a college degree let alone one from SC. Then again you might work in food service on campus, which I suppose would give you reason to be a fan. Regardless, still haven't heard a good explanation for the #7 team, playing a game favored by 20 pts, barely pull off a win against an unranked team by 6 points.

Overrated.
Wise Guy

Compton, CA

#26 Oct 26, 2009
It doesn't matter what Mr. Spike thinks, the Trojans are still going to be in the Top 10 and according to the new BCS Rankings the USC Trojans are number 5. Yeah, maybe he thinks the Trojans are overrated but who cares? lol. The Trojans will continue to win games but I doubt they'll be playing in the Championship game.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#27 Oct 26, 2009
Spike wrote:
#4 ranked USC? Oh really, ABC was referencing them as #7. Regardless, a top ten team giving up 36 points to OSU. Overrated. After next Saturday's game in Eugene, not only will they NOT be going to to any National Championship game, they can kiss the Pac10 championship goodbye as well. Poor trojans.
I don't think their D is as good as they think.
WHAT iF

Los Angeles, CA

#29 Oct 26, 2009
Wise Guy wrote:
It doesn't matter what Mr. Spike thinks, the Trojans are still going to be in the Top 10 and according to the new BCS Rankings the USC Trojans are number 5. Yeah, maybe he thinks the Trojans are overrated but who cares? lol. The Trojans will continue to win games but I doubt they'll be playing in the Championship game.
fully agree, if the top 4 teams have no losses USC shouldnt play in the championship, but how do you decide when the top 4 have no losses, who goes to the BSC championship?

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

#30 Oct 26, 2009
Tommy Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, that's what I said about the Pac-10/Notre Dame officiating last weekend. We better keep our conspiracy theories straight.
funny, didn't see the game we got Texas Mizzu in Missouri, Boring.... Stats favored OS, must of been a "barn burner", showing my age again CPEM :)

“Fight On!”

Since: Aug 09

Los Angeles

#31 Oct 26, 2009
manhattan_beach_dude wrote:
<quoted text>
funny, didn't see the game we got Texas Mizzu in Missouri, Boring.... Stats favored OS, must of been a "barn burner", showing my age again CPEM :)
I was at the game. This was another one that went down to the wire and could easily have gone to Oregon State. I like games that are decided in the fourth quarter, but this is getting ridiculous. Hopefully our defense will play better against Oregon or we're toast. Does that saying show my age?

Looks like the USC-UCLA game will take on even more significance than usual. 33 days and counting...

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

#32 Oct 26, 2009
Tommy Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at the game. This was another one that went down to the wire and could easily have gone to Oregon State. I like games that are decided in the fourth quarter, but this is getting ridiculous. Hopefully our defense will play better against Oregon or we're toast. Does that saying show my age?
Looks like the USC-UCLA game will take on even more significance than usual. 33 days and counting...
We have to face it. As good as USC has been they still have a true freshman at quarterback (as good as he is) and a bunch of new starters on defense and brand new offensive and defensive coordinators. I don't think anyone thought that these new players would just step in and not miss a beat. Any other program would probably not get to 5 wins for the season with these changes.
Spike

Wolf Point, MT

#33 Oct 26, 2009
Wise Guy wrote:
Yep, right being #4 IOWA Gotta love the BCS! It's going to be a Halloween nightmare in Eugene for SC this Saturday.
BRUIN Hater

Pasadena, CA

#35 Oct 26, 2009
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>
What if, what if, what if, yep, spoken like a true Trojan Fan, what if they magically end up in the National Championship?!!? Might I suggest they replace their defense with the SC Girls Ruby team first. Then go back to your what ifffffs. HA HA HA
Whatever loser, you’re just jealous of SC, and your used to your team losing all the time… sore looser!

“Fight On!”

Since: Aug 09

Los Angeles

#36 Oct 26, 2009
West Valley Dave Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
We have to face it. As good as USC has been they still have a true freshman at quarterback (as good as he is) and a bunch of new starters on defense and brand new offensive and defensive coordinators. I don't think anyone thought that these new players would just step in and not miss a beat. Any other program would probably not get to 5 wins for the season with these changes.
The common denominator is Pete Carroll. Love him or hate him, he has turned CFB into an art AND science. The team has missed quite a few beats though, especially on defense. One game at a time...
WHAT iF

Los Angeles, CA

#37 Oct 26, 2009
West Valley Dave Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
when u comin back to the air waves?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Damian Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Washington blasts Saints safety's 'dirty' play (Dec '11) Dec '11 Whistlegas 3
News Titans fall to Falcons 23-17 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Ravens 1
News USC freshman Woods catches spotlight (Oct '10) Oct '10 Chosen Traveler 1
News Dynasty remake? (Aug '10) Aug '10 Brew In 1
News College Football Countdown: No. 13 USC (Aug '10) Aug '10 Chosen Traveler 1
News USC's Matt Barkley named to Davey O'Brien Quart... (Jul '10) Aug '10 Chosen Traveler 199
News Team #14 - USC Trojans College Football Preview (Jul '10) Jul '10 Chosen Traveler 1
More from around the web