Pete's a Seattle Seahawk now

Full story: Long Beach Press-Telegram

In this Dec. 26, 2009 file photo, Southern California head coach Pete Carroll celebrates with wide receiver Damian Williams, the game's most valuable player, after a win over Boston College in the Emerald Bowl NCAA college football game in San Francisco.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Red W Blue

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

Anyone in the real world, get it? Tod Leiweke; Staples Center? Anyone remember, Arena Football; the LA Avengers?
HappyHanukkah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

I hope the NCAA investigates ITSELF; and then upon discovering its true self nature, commits suicide. (dissolves its corporate structure).

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

Red W Blue wrote:
Anyone in the real world, get it? Tod Leiweke; Staples Center? Anyone remember, Arena Football; the LA Avengers?
Tim Leiweke is with AIG and the Kings, not Tod.

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

AEG not AIG my typo
football

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

SWP wrote:
a he will **** again in the NFL, just like the pissant did before!!!
PC has a winning record in the NFL, including 1 division title and 2 playoff appearances.
LBres

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

$35 mil. guaranteed for 5 years. Total control of the club (President/GM/Coach) without a meddling owner who just happens to be the 32nd richest person in the world and the wealthiest of all NFL club owners. Hmmmmmmm, now let me think. This is going to be a hard one, YES!

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

LBres wrote:
$35 mil. guaranteed for 5 years. Total control of the club (President/GM/Coach) without a meddling owner who just happens to be the 32nd richest person in the world and the wealthiest of all NFL club owners. Hmmmmmmm, now let me think. This is going to be a hard one, YES!
Not president, only coach read the reports
LBres

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

manhattan_beach_dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Not president, only coach read the reports
Sorry, my bad. Pete is taking over Holmgren's former positions of Executive Vice President-GM/Head Coach.
Just a heartbeat away from the President, Paul Allen.
Why can't the rest of us be so lucky?
Robert J G Jackson Sr

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Congratulations Coach!! Good luck at Seattle, and thanks so much for all the wonderful football you brought to USC. I loved every minute of it.
Brett Shepherd

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Our Trojans will be just fine...FIGHT ON!

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

LBres wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, my bad. Pete is taking over Holmgren's former positions of Executive Vice President-GM/Head Coach.
Just a heartbeat away from the President, Paul Allen.
Why can't the rest of us be so lucky?
"The Seahawks sold Carroll on added responsibilities equivalent to a vice president of football operations. Carroll will work alongside whomever Seattle eventually hires as its new GM on operations beyond just coaching.

Leiweke said Monday night Carroll’s additional duties will include organizing the Seahawks’ calendar and travel, among other things beyond mere X’s and O’s."

He just the Coach not GM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtwDm2D...

“Farewell, CEO, & FIGHT ON!!!”

Since: Aug 08

Welcome back, Sark!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

SWP wrote:
<quoted text>
yea if you consider 1 game over 500 winning??? LOSER !!!
Hey, it worked for UCLA this season...
football

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

SWP wrote:
<quoted text>
yea if you consider 1 game over 500 winning??? LOSER !!!
I do consider 1 game over .500 a winning record because 1 game over .500 is a winning record. Oh, and thank you for signing your post.

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, it worked for UCLA this season...
Ah these guys don't know who their dealing with.
Good come back CPEM, and funny

Welcome back, Sark!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

manhattan_beach_dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah these guys don't know who their dealing with.
Good come back CPEM, and funny
Glad you liked it!

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

SWP wrote:
<quoted text>
So sorry to hear that you consider 1 game over 500 a winning record. For a low achiever as yourself champ, It comes of no surprise. When you are an U gly C aucasion w/a L ovely A sian fan, I can see clearly where you set your standards. Enjoy your chicken fried rice pal!
Racist arse whole
football

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

SWP wrote:
<quoted text>
So sorry to hear that you consider 1 game over 500 a winning record. For a low achiever as yourself champ, It comes of no surprise. When you are an U gly C aucasion w/a L ovely A sian fan, I can see clearly where you set your standards. Enjoy your chicken fried rice pal!
Where did I state that I was a UCLA fan? Or Asian? In what bizarro world math class is 1 game over .500 not a winning record? I await your answers. See if you can provide them without another cyber-tantrum.

Welcome back, Sark!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

football wrote:
<quoted text>Where did I state that I was a UCLA fan? Or Asian? In what bizarro world math class is 1 game over .500 not a winning record? I await your answers. See if you can provide them without another cyber-tantrum.
It looks like our buddy "SWP" has gone off the deep end. I notice several posts have been removed/deleted by the Topix staff. I wonder what the guy posted. Anyways, guys like him don't last long here. Glad to see another football fan like yourself on here that discusses football news rationally. Welcome aboard, "football."

“CELL PHONE # 318-458-1492”

Since: Sep 09

TELEPHONE # - 318-686-7373

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

And, screwball (Lane Kiffin) is a Condom now ......... ONCE AGAIN ...... along with his Pop, Monte.....

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Crazy Horse wrote:
<quoted text>
Very cerebral. Harvard?? MIT perhaps?
nope Special Ed and the big yellow bus.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••