Tough loss to take for Colts

Tough loss to take for Colts

There are 31 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Feb 8, 2010, titled Tough loss to take for Colts. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

Reggie Wayne stared right through all those reporters. He wasn't bothered by the questions Sunday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Old GT

Elmwood Park, IL

#22 Feb 10, 2010
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you understand. The second string's valuable experience wasn't any better than the first strings valuable experience when it came down to winning.
The Colts do not have a winning attitude to carry them through the entire season. They choke because of they do not want to win badly enough.
It's an intangible attribute that the Colt organization does not possess. The 2 games the organization decided ahead of time to give up on and accept losing were EXACTLY the 2 games the first string should have stayed in the game and done what needed to be done to win the games........
to do whatever it takes to be a winner.......
A team does whatever it takes to win the Championship. The only way to the championship game is to be in and win the playoffs. The experience that Painter gained in his roughed up time would have been invaluable if for any reason Manning had to leave the game for even one play.
Coach Caldwell doesn't have a psychic friend like you do to tell him that it would not be necessary.
Old GT

Elmwood Park, IL

#23 Feb 10, 2010
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you understand. The second string's valuable experience wasn't any better than the first strings valuable experience when it came down to winning.
The Colts do not have a winning attitude to carry them through the entire season. They choke because of they do not want to win badly enough.
It's an intangible attribute that the Colt organization does not possess. The 2 games the organization decided ahead of time to give up on and accept losing were EXACTLY the 2 games the first string should have stayed in the game and done what needed to be done to win the games........
to do whatever it takes to be a winner.......
Maybe you were in the can at the time but in the game that I was watching, even after the first on-side kick off in SB history, the Colts were driving toward a possible over time game score. One false step by Wayne or one great move by Porter caused the only interception of the game. It was a good tight game.
So you think that if the Colts had the right attitude that they would have run the Saints out of the place?

So you
hate peyton love payton

Granby, MA

#24 Feb 10, 2010
oh when those Saints
came marchin' in
and picked off Peyton's pass

I was so glad
they had his number,
and made him look just like an
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#25 Feb 10, 2010
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text> Tracy Porter made a great play.
The on-side kick was a gutsy call. Congrats to Coach Peyton. It took that kind of football to beat the Colts.
Because the Colts did everything they could to come into the game with everything they had.
I thought that a couple of things sealed the deal for the Colts, after they jumped out 10-zip and the Saints die not fold I think it took some of the wind out of the Colts. The last field Goal in the first half hit hard, the Colts only to be up by 4, after their start. I am sure that the Colts spent the entire half time in the locker room talking about and scripting the first 5 to 10 plays for when they got the kick off and when the on sides kick worked it seemed that the Saints were the quicker team that wanted it more. I will not throw Manning under the bus because 7 times in 10 he will drive them down the field for the score. I am glad to see Drew Breeze get his recognition, he has been in the shadows of Peyton, Brady and Big Ben for too long. I hope that he gets more credit and gets more endorsements.
Old GT

Elmwood Park, IL

#26 Feb 10, 2010
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that a couple of things sealed the deal for the Colts, after they jumped out 10-zip and the Saints die not fold I think it took some of the wind out of the Colts. The last field Goal in the first half hit hard, the Colts only to be up by 4, after their start. I am sure that the Colts spent the entire half time in the locker room talking about and scripting the first 5 to 10 plays for when they got the kick off and when the on sides kick worked it seemed that the Saints were the quicker team that wanted it more. I will not throw Manning under the bus because 7 times in 10 he will drive them down the field for the score. I am glad to see Drew Breeze get his recognition, he has been in the shadows of Peyton, Brady and Big Ben for too long. I hope that he gets more credit and gets more endorsements.
Phil Sims said at the start of the 2nd half that it was bad news for the Saints that Manning was going to get the ball after studying the Saint D during the half. So the on-side kick was a clutch play.
Yeah, the goal line stand would have been great if the Saints hadn't come right back with the FG.
Cool Brees is a lot better QB then I thought. He did get Purdue into the Rose Bowl.
Old GT

Elmwood Park, IL

#27 Feb 10, 2010
I think the quality of the game can be measured in that there was only one interception and it was a killer.
queen

Chicago, IL

#28 Feb 12, 2010
i am glad the saints won. they deserved it. this was the first time they went into the super bowl. the saints marched in & the colts ran.
packa backa

Milwaukee, WI

#29 Feb 12, 2010
Manning is a little bitch !
Glad they lost, Sick of the media licking his back side like they do Butt Favre !

Boooo ! Manning
Boooooo ! Butt Favre
Tony

Bradenton, FL

#30 Feb 12, 2010
Old GT wrote:
<quoted text> A team does whatever it takes to win the Championship.
therefore the colts organization didn't do whatever was necessary to win the Super Bowl........

winning is not their #1 priority.
Old GT

Elmwood Park, IL

#31 Feb 12, 2010
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
therefore the colts organization didn't do whatever was necessary to win the Super Bowl........
winning is not their #1 priority.
Do you mean that I should have said "a team does whatever is necessary to TRY to win the championship"? Your opinion being based on that the Colts did not win.
However, it is your next statement that is, I think, worded wrong and the crux of the argument. "Winning" should mean winning the Super Bowl. That is the goal of the season.
The Colts #1 priority was to win the Super Bowl. Once homefield playoffs was secured, the priority necessitated the move to not risk injury to first string players.


Old GT

Elmwood Park, IL

#32 Feb 12, 2010
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you understand. The second string's valuable experience wasn't any better than the first strings valuable experience when it came down to winning.
The Colts do not have a winning attitude to carry them through the entire season. They choke because of they do not want to win badly enough.
It's an intangible attribute that the Colt organization does not possess. The 2 games the organization decided ahead of time to give up on and accept losing were EXACTLY the 2 games the first string should have stayed in the game and done what needed to be done to win the games........
to do whatever it takes to be a winner.......
The Colts had enough intangible attribute to beat the Ravens, the Jets and make XLIV one of the best Super Bowl games.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Clark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Ravens will need to find someone who can ca... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Richard 1
News Buying or Selling Latest Free-Agent Buzz Surrou... (Feb '13) Feb '13 surrounding 1
News Indianapolis Colts 2012 Draft Preview (Apr '12) Apr '12 Moses Hunter 1
News Indianapolis Colts' Peyton Manning vs. New Engl... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Kman 1
News Patriots prepare for 'great test' vs. Colts - S... (Nov '10) Nov '10 mark 1
News Colts WR Collie has concussion after hit to head (Nov '10) Nov '10 George 31
News Colts WR Collie has concussion after hit to head (Nov '10) Nov '10 Head Cheese 2
More from around the web