Green Bay Packers Surprise Cut Nominations

Aug 11, 2012 Full story: Acme Packing Company 7

Every year there is that one cut that catches you flatfooted. I personally call this the Jon Ryan award.

Full Story
PackerBacker-Wic hitaKs

Wichita, KS

#1 Aug 11, 2012
I could see these cuts being made. If Benson signs then I could see Starks being cut. He just seems to be average at best and injury prone. Had a good run during the Super Bowl season though. A J Hawk is a mystery to me. Played well for the first couple of seasons then seemed to level off and maybe even took a step or 2 backwards. Doesn't pass cover real well but does play the run ok. Who knows? Deciding who to cut and who to keep is always a tough thing to do. Fortunately, TT & MM are always looking to the future and not just the present while running this organization and will keep the best 53 players to get this team where we all want them to go.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#2 Aug 12, 2012
Unless Jamarie Lattimore shows up and plays better,Hawk wont get cut now that Bishop is out for prob. the season.Hawk isn't a highlight film LB but he is solid,under-appreciated and makes the def. calls on the field.He gets his 100 tackles per or so,plays every game.His cap number is not to bad but an easy place to save cap space to sign others like Jennings,Rodgers,Mathews ect
I can see Starks getting it,only because he is a few years older then Green and that's assuming Benson plays well and is motivated to play.I still say Benson is there to take carries from Green a nd Starks to keep them fresh and if Benson doesn't amaze,he will be cut as fast as he was signed.

“DA BEARS FAN!”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3 Aug 12, 2012
eric wrote:
Unless Jamarie Lattimore shows up and plays better,Hawk wont get cut now that Bishop is out for prob. the season.Hawk isn't a highlight film LB but he is solid,under-appreciated and makes the def. calls on the field.He gets his 100 tackles per or so,plays every game.His cap number is not to bad but an easy place to save cap space to sign others like Jennings,Rodgers,Mathews ect
I can see Starks getting it,only because he is a few years older then Green and that's assuming Benson plays well and is motivated to play.I still say Benson is there to take carries from Green a nd Starks to keep them fresh and if Benson doesn't amaze,he will be cut as fast as he was signed.
Hawk sucks eric, I've been telling you that for years, you even said he was better than Briggs! LOL If Briggs has another Probowl year he has a good shot next to 54 in the HALL OF FAME. You guys over paid for a below average LB.

“DA BEARS FAN!”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 Aug 12, 2012
eric wrote:
If you guys sign Benson he won't get cut, even with all his problems he is far better than any RB the packers have. You don't have one RB that would start on an NFL team.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#5 Aug 12, 2012
packluv1 wrote:
<quoted text> Hawk sucks eric, I've been telling you that for years, you even said he was better than Briggs! LOL If Briggs has another Probowl year he has a good shot next to 54 in the HALL OF FAME. You guys over paid for a below average LB.
We will let Briggs know when hes admiring Hawks Super Bowl ring!
One,i never said Hawk was better,i said Hawk aver. near 100 tackles and Briggs averages 110 tackles and Briggs was making several million more and Hawk was a better value and 2...Urlacher makes Briggs much better and Hawk is more on his own as the leader of the LB,theres a big difference.3d Hawk took a cap relief cut as a team player,while Briggs cried because he was only making 7M or whatever,balling or bitching he will never play in Chicago ever again,blah blah blah until Chi grossly over paid for him and what did you get? Plenty of tackles,very few playoffs and no titles.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#6 Aug 12, 2012
packluv1 wrote:
<quoted text>If you guys sign Benson he won't get cut, even with all his problems he is far better than any RB the packers have. You don't have one RB that would start on an NFL team.
Yet their offense was setting records or near records offensively.Imagine if Benson makes it and turns in a 1200 yard season.Have fun stopping that
PackerBacker-Wic hitaKs

Wichita, KS

#7 Aug 13, 2012
eric wrote:
<quoted text>Yet their offense was setting records or near records offensively.Imagine if Benson makes it and turns in a 1200 yard season.Have fun stopping that
Agree with you here Eric. I think that once he gets the offense learned and into game shape he just may be the featured RB with Green and Starks, if healthy, will spell him. As far as these "issues" with Benson you would hope he has put them behind him. Got to believe TT and MM did their homework on Benson or they would not have signed him. If he pulls some of the crap he did with Bears and Bengals he simply won't be a Packer very long. Look what happened to Chad Johnson. Cut by HC Joe Philbin, former OC for the Packers. TT and MM and the organization won't put up with anyone who is not a team player. Perfect senario would be for Benson to have a 1200 yd. season and, your'e right, it would make this a very good team. Sorry to see all the injuries so far in training camp. Next man up ando from there. TT will find players, if needed, as cuts are being made around the league. The third preseason game is where I have alway attention to how things are going. So we'll have to see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

D.J Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brad Jones and What His Possible Return Means f... (Mar '13) Mar '13 letsgo 3
Is Green Bay Packers' A.J. Hawk the Next Player... (Feb '13) Mar '13 normallylikeyellow 22
Green Bay Packers: Is Manti Te'o the Best Choic... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
Is It Time For The Green Bay Packers To Cut AJ ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Green Bay Packers: Tough decisions ahead, thank... (Jan '13) Jan '13 eric 4
Green Bay Packers: A Trade Dealine Wish List (Oct '12) Oct '12 Reggie4-3 7
Green Bay Packers: Why the Early Season Struggl... (Oct '12) Oct '12 eric 6

D.J Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE