LSU claws past Saban-led Alabama

LSU claws past Saban-led Alabama

There are 48 comments on the WIVT/WBGH Newschannel34 story from Nov 3, 2007, titled LSU claws past Saban-led Alabama. In it, WIVT/WBGH Newschannel34 reports that:

Chad Jones caused a key fumble late and Jacob Hester cashed in moments later with the go-ahead touchdown, as the third-ranked LSU Tigers topped the Nick Saban-led Alabama Crimson Tide, 41-34, in a thriller at ... via WIVT/WBGH Newschannel34

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVT/WBGH Newschannel34.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Stan Lemoine

Gonzales, LA

#1 Nov 4, 2007
I have never seen such horrible officiating in a football game. It's too obvious that these refs were paid by the Alabama alumni or some one. At least try to make if look like yoiu being fair. These penalties were petty and just plain bullshit. I'm not saying that LSU didn't commit any fouls, but Alabama was doing the same thing. Just be FAIR. Call them both ways...Thanks...
Number One Bama Fan

United States

#2 Nov 4, 2007
Stan Lemoine wrote:
I have never seen such horrible officiating in a football game. It's too obvious that these refs were paid by the Alabama alumni or some one. At least try to make if look like yoiu being fair. These penalties were petty and just plain bullshit. I'm not saying that LSU didn't commit any fouls, but Alabama was doing the same thing. Just be FAIR. Call them both ways...Thanks...
I really don't think so. LSU is the most penalized team in the SEC, Bama is one of the least. It's called dicipline. There were at least 5 reviews that were reversed to go LSU's way, and because of that could have been a loss to LSU. I don't want to hear about the calls, I saw holding situations to keep Bama from Matt Flynn. Push offs again from Early D. that should have been offensive interference. Remember this next year. USC Pete Carroll, Mack Brown Longhorns, Les Miles LSU. Urban Meyer Fla Gators. All will be on there way down. Lucky for the talent they have. Not the coaching. Spurrier would have had the talent LSU has had and UT, NC every year. Saban is going to do the same. ROLL TIDE ROLL.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#3 Nov 4, 2007
Number One Bama Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't think so. LSU is the most penalized team in the SEC, Bama is one of the least. It's called dicipline. There were at least 5 reviews that were reversed to go LSU's way, and because of that could have been a loss to LSU. I don't want to hear about the calls, I saw holding situations to keep Bama from Matt Flynn. Push offs again from Early D. that should have been offensive interference. Remember this next year. USC Pete Carroll, Mack Brown Longhorns, Les Miles LSU. Urban Meyer Fla Gators. All will be on there way down. Lucky for the talent they have. Not the coaching. Spurrier would have had the talent LSU has had and UT, NC every year. Saban is going to do the same. ROLL TIDE ROLL.
NumberOne we will be better next year Lsu loses a bunch of good players they want be as good I think BAMA is about to take the West I pick UGA in the EAST

“2 time BCS National Champions!”

Baton Rouge

#4 Nov 5, 2007
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>NumberOne we will be better next year Lsu loses a bunch of good players they want be as good I think BAMA is about to take the West I pick UGA in the EAST
Not so fast my friend......LSU will win big and let me tell you why..........What a frickin ball game, LSU played like crap and still pulled out the victory! Talent took over and Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson couldnt finalize the job! LOL, Great game though, now the West needs to win in the SECCG and let LSU move on to New Orleans to route a way overrated Ohio St. team.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#5 Nov 5, 2007
LSUfreak wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast my friend......LSU will win big and let me tell you why..........What a frickin ball game, LSU played like crap and still pulled out the victory! Talent took over and Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson couldnt finalize the job! LOL, Great game though, now the West needs to win in the SECCG and let LSU move on to New Orleans to route a way overrated Ohio St. team.
freak we hung with you guys long as we could we did make a game of it that D line is the best I seen in a long time JPW look like a deer beteen the headlights what about the speed on both sides thats SEC football good luck BENGAL TIGERS go after that ole big thing make SEC proud again The T-TOWN CLOWN
BamaMan

Kent, AL

#6 Nov 5, 2007
Okay, here's the thing...we got totally screwed. There was a least 1 play that the replay booth totally missed. I believe it was Caddell who laid out for that pass late in the game. Who can honestly say that he DIDN'T catch that ball. I saw the replay 10 times. He caught it, pulled it in, and kept it. I won't say that we should have won, but I sure as hell know it should have gone to OT, AT LEAST!
strikes

United States

#7 Nov 5, 2007
what ever the case may be ,i sure hope he doesn't come to michigan.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#8 Nov 5, 2007
BamaMan wrote:
Okay, here's the thing...we got totally screwed. There was a least 1 play that the replay booth totally missed. I believe it was Caddell who laid out for that pass late in the game. Who can honestly say that he DIDN'T catch that ball. I saw the replay 10 times. He caught it, pulled it in, and kept it. I won't say that we should have won, but I sure as hell know it should have gone to OT, AT LEAST!
Bama Man do you know Robbie McCully
dainbamage

Hammond, LA

#9 Nov 5, 2007
When a officiating crew gets their calls on the field reversed 5 times, they are pitiful.

Baton Rouge

#10 Nov 5, 2007
BamaMan wrote:
dont screw a great game by shotty comments, there were bad calls on both sides of the ball, LSU included, it was a good game, i thought Bama fans were better than that, talk to T-Town, he will set you straight, OT, I dont think so, JPW was pressured the whole game and that hit in the 4th quarter showed how quick momentum can change, plus the Bama secondary left Early wide open and he scored regardless, great game, no excuses and no Bama didnt get screwed! Cry to someone who doesnt know football so you can sound smart!
Freak Hater

United States

#11 Nov 5, 2007
What? You got nerve. That game was an early christmas present from BAMA! Jacob Hester throwin a punch and an Offensive lineman taking his helment off - talk about class - I mean ass.

Baton Rouge

#12 Nov 5, 2007
Freak Hater wrote:
What? You got nerve. That game was an early christmas present from BAMA! Jacob Hester throwin a punch and an Offensive lineman taking his helment off - talk about class - I mean ass.
Both sides of the ball chief, Bama played a tough ballgame, early christmas present...i dont think so, Bama couldnt close the deal and i believe LSU scored with a wide open Early for the TD, then the speed of our Defense smothering JPW, go ahead and point fingers to players mistakes, we got the Win, it was a great game regardless of these comments about dirty calls and plays, and go ahead and look up class, cause LSU showed it after a tough emotional game was over, by all players on both sides of the ball talking and laughing after the game......oh but i guess you werent there, 50 yard line baby!!!!!!!!! thats where i was!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#13 Nov 5, 2007
LSUfreak wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides of the ball chief, Bama played a tough ballgame, early christmas present...i dont think so, Bama couldnt close the deal and i believe LSU scored with a wide open Early for the TD, then the speed of our Defense smothering JPW, go ahead and point fingers to players mistakes, we got the Win, it was a great game regardless of these comments about dirty calls and plays, and go ahead and look up class, cause LSU showed it after a tough emotional game was over, by all players on both sides of the ball talking and laughing after the game......oh but i guess you werent there, 50 yard line baby!!!!!!!!! thats where i was!
freak if you notice a couple of the neg post were from outside Alabama everybody from around here knows who had the best team hell I'm proud the TIDE made a game of it we left everything on the field we give em our best no excuse from the Clown
Number One Bama Fan

United States

#14 Nov 5, 2007
LSUfreak wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow are you so lucky, I would love to have been there. LSU wins NC. Kill OSU. Maybe,because OSU still has to win 2 more. LSU may play Oregon instead. Which ever, win out and show that the SEC is KING. Great game all the way anyways. ROLL TIDE ROLL>

Baton Rouge

#15 Nov 6, 2007
Number One Bama Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Wow are you so lucky, I would love to have been there. LSU wins NC. Kill OSU. Maybe,because OSU still has to win 2 more. LSU may play Oregon instead. Which ever, win out and show that the SEC is KING. Great game all the way anyways. ROLL TIDE ROLL>
Dude, you got to admit, Auburn is Alabama's rival, but LSU is about to take over the rivalry, Saban is a great coach, Les Miles (regardless of the negativity towards him) is a great coach. This will be the newest hardcore rivalry of the SEC, cause shit isnt gonna be the same at Auburn now that Tubberville is leaving. I am gonna love this showdown till the day i die....
Number One Bama Fan

United States

#16 Nov 6, 2007
LSUfreak wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you got to admit, Auburn is Alabama's rival, but LSU is about to take over the rivalry, Saban is a great coach, Les Miles (regardless of the negativity towards him) is a great coach. This will be the newest hardcore rivalry of the SEC, cause shit isnt gonna be the same at Auburn now that Tubberville is leaving. I am gonna love this showdown till the day i die....
I don't mind that rivalry it would be cool. I hate Auburn with a passion. LOL. I have a friend who just called me and is a die hard fan of A&M, we all know that Fran is gone by the end of the season, but he told me that he heard that Spurrier may be a candidate. How about that. He did hear about Tubby, but they don't think he will leave Auburn, unless they pay him some big bucks, anyone would come. I really don't see LSU losing here, who do you think you guys will play in the SEC Championships. Georgia, or Florida. My guess. I think you beat both of them. Good Luck at the NC. I hope it's OSU. Good luck with Louisana Tech, LSU can work on there game against them. Let the starters rest. LOL. 58-0. LOL. Maybe you guys can beat the score that Kansas had aganist Nebraska.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#17 Nov 6, 2007
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>NumberOne we will be better next year Lsu loses a bunch of good players they want be as good I think BAMA is about to take the West I pick UGA in the EAST
> Yeah, Clown! > LSU loses some outstanding players: Glen Dorsey DT, Jacob Hestor RB, Matt Flynn QB, Early Doucet WR, Will Arnold OG, Ali Highsmith OLB, Luke Sanders OLB, Craig Steltz SS, Chevis Jackson CB, and Jonathan Zenon CB. But, the Tigers have plenty of talent coming back also! > Ryan Perrilloux QB, Keiland Williams HB, Charles Scott HB, Trindon Holliday HB/WR, Richard Dixon TE, Lyle Hitt DT, Ciron Black OT, Brandon Lafell WR will all return as Juniors next year. Demetrius Byrd WR will be back as a Senior, as will Cole Louviere OT, gigantic Herman Johnson OG, Tyson Jackson DE, Kirston Pittman DE, Tremaine Johnson DE, Charles Alexander DT, Marlon Favorite DT and Curtis Taylor FS. Al Woods DT, Ryan Miller C, Terrance Tolliver WR (the next super wideout), Ricky Jean-Francois DE, Jacob Cutrera MLB, Phelon Jones CB, Tyson Andrus CB, Jai Eugene CB, Danny McCray SS. All of these guys have played in every game, most have started at one point or another this year. Most of these guys were four and five star players coming out of high school, so I don't see much of a talent drop for LSU next year. The big question is, who will be the Tiger's head coach if Les leaves for Mushigan? Also defensive coach Bo Polini is in line for a head coaching position somewhere. > I know BAMA will be a contender next year with ole $lick bringing in more talent. It will be another fun time in the SEC!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#18 Nov 7, 2007
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Yeah, Clown! > LSU loses some outstanding players: Glen Dorsey DT, Jacob Hestor RB, Matt Flynn QB, Early Doucet WR, Will Arnold OG, Ali Highsmith OLB, Luke Sanders OLB, Craig Steltz SS, Chevis Jackson CB, and Jonathan Zenon CB. But, the Tigers have plenty of talent coming back also! > Ryan Perrilloux QB, Keiland Williams HB, Charles Scott HB, Trindon Holliday HB/WR, Richard Dixon TE, Lyle Hitt DT, Ciron Black OT, Brandon Lafell WR will all return as Juniors next year. Demetrius Byrd WR will be back as a Senior, as will Cole Louviere OT, gigantic Herman Johnson OG, Tyson Jackson DE, Kirston Pittman DE, Tremaine Johnson DE, Charles Alexander DT, Marlon Favorite DT and Curtis Taylor FS. Al Woods DT, Ryan Miller C, Terrance Tolliver WR (the next super wideout), Ricky Jean-Francois DE, Jacob Cutrera MLB, Phelon Jones CB, Tyson Andrus CB, Jai Eugene CB, Danny McCray SS. All of these guys have played in every game, most have started at one point or another this year. Most of these guys were four and five star players coming out of high school, so I don't see much of a talent drop for LSU next year. The big question is, who will be the Tiger's head coach if Les leaves for Mushigan? Also defensive coach Bo Polini is in line for a head coaching position somewhere. > I know BAMA will be a contender next year with ole $lick bringing in more talent. It will be another fun time in the SEC!
LSU has a great program but with the leaders they lose and maybe some key coaches next year look for a drop off this year they IMO will play for the natl champ not next year but still a force in the west with the 4-5 star players they have. good luck in the big game

“BEAR”

Natchitoches

#19 Nov 7, 2007
Main thing Perrilloux has to do is stay out of jail. BAMA/LSU game is always my biggest rivalry. BAMA fan living in Louisiana. I watched that game here's my take. We should have won, even with the blown call on the reception. LSU had the experience and talent, we had youth and almost won the game. I think the next four years belong to Alabama in the west, Florida in the east. They should meet in SEC Championship just like it was at the start. ROLL TIDE!!!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#20 Nov 7, 2007
BAYOU 2 wrote:
Main thing Perrilloux has to do is stay out of jail. BAMA/LSU game is always my biggest rivalry. BAMA fan living in Louisiana. I watched that game here's my take. We should have won, even with the blown call on the reception. LSU had the experience and talent, we had youth and almost won the game. I think the next four years belong to Alabama in the west, Florida in the east. They should meet in SEC Championship just like it was at the start. ROLL TIDE!!!
Bayou 2 the T-Town Clown is with in the west in the east I see UGA IMO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Curtis Taylor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LSU's Black: Leadership wasn't the problem (Jul '09) Jul '09 LSU Dude 3
News LSU notebook: Tigers look like a new team (Dec '07) May '09 deathvalley56 7
News Despite loss, LSU defense showed dramatic impro... (Nov '08) Nov '08 ArrowJSmith 1
News Alabama Notes: Is Saban winning with Shula's pl... (Nov '08) Nov '08 ArrowJSmith 1
What are Curtis Taylor's stats: 40 yd. dash, ht... (Oct '08) Oct '08 cogan 1
News LSU Wins 'Saban Bowl' 41-34 Over 'Bama (Nov '07) Nov '07 J_Gonzalez 5
News LSU Wins 'Saban Bowl' 41-34 Over 'Bama (Nov '07) Nov '07 Tigers 2004 champs 1
More from around the web