Auburn, Oregon give BCS title game new look

Dec 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North Jersey Media Group

Alabama and Texas? Florida and Oklahoma? Ohio State? Southern California? Not this year.

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Dec 26, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jimmy the geek wrote:
they both suck and horribly inferior teams - there are at least 7 teams with one loss that would kick the crap outta them!
Poor baby .... one of the blue bloods .... one of those
with a sense of entitlement .... didn't make it this
year.

How refreshing. How grand not to see the same old faces
year after year.

The narcissism gets to be rather nauseating.

Watch these 2 teams go at it .... there isn't another
team in the Top 10 that could keep pace with either
Auburn or Oregon.

In case you missed it, they changed the very nature of
the game while you were asleep.

Read: "Oregon's Speed-Freak Offense" - NY Times.com

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere in SoCal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jimmy the geek wrote:
they both suck and horribly inferior teams - there are at least 7 teams with one loss that would kick the crap outta them!
You are clueless jimmy lol.

It will be fun to see if Auburn's defense can slow down Oregon's Bloitzkrieg Offense that will snap the ball every 13-15 seconds.

Auburn is going to be gassed on defense,big time IMO.

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere in SoCal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Can Auburn slow down Oregon's Blitzkrieg Offense.
NW Hominid

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

This should settle it, Duck's gonna flock'n waddle on Auburn bottom...
Bigdaddy

Eureka, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jimmy the geek wrote:
they both suck and horribly inferior teams - there are at least 7 teams with one loss that would kick the crap outta them!
Like your mom?
show me the money

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 6, 2010
 
hey geek, where did you get your facts? When did
Cam Newton get paid? Show me the money!
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jimmy the geek wrote:
the ducks suck & auburn are CHEATERS!
the ducks got the crap kicked out of them in this years Rose bowl by Ohio State! OSU, lol!!!
and the tigers got a qb that gots paid $180,000 to play ball for them - he's a gutless cheater!
these 2 facts alone tells America that these 2 teams suck & the ncaa turned it's head the other way! look for the lowest ratings in years for this battle between corrupt & overrated teams!
Dumbass, the Rose Bowl game against OSU was LAST YEAR. It is
completely irrelevant unless you believe OSU has some special
privilege because it won last year's bowl game.

Your "fact" about Cam Newton is only further evidence of you
being a dumbass. The bribe was offered to M.S.U., not Auburn.
There hasn't been one shred of evidence to indicate Newton
received any money for going to Auburn.

Finally, even if Newton had taken knowingly taking a bribe, it
doesn't diminish his athletic ability in any way. The fact is
he is a horse of a quarterback who carried an otherwise mediocre
team to a 13-0 record. Ohio State had a schedule with a whole
bunch of Big Ten patsies; their easiest in years. Pryor was
seldom tested in 2010. He'll experience defeat in his bowl
game.

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 7, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Broadway Joe wrote:
Can Auburn slow down Oregon's Blitzkrieg Offense.
Does a bear sh!t in the woods?

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere in SoCal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 7, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>Does a bear sh!t in the woods?
Yes among other things

But Good luck with that.....a snap every 13-15 seconds and no time to rotate your defense in with fresh players.

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere in SoCal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 7, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It's a 2 minute drill for the entire game.

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 7, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Broadway Joe wrote:
It's a 2 minute drill for the entire game.
Auburn does the same thing, Joe. Oregon probably gets 10 -12 more snaps a game. This game is huge. Regardless of the outcome, the no huddle spread up-tempo has come into it's own.

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere in SoCal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 7, 2010
 
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>Auburn does the same thing, Joe. Oregon probably gets 10 -12 more snaps a game. This game is huge. Regardless of the outcome, the no huddle spread up-tempo has come into it's own.
Most likely whoever has the ball last wins!

Hey the good news, at least this time around Eagle, Auburn will get a chance to win it on the field of play!

Oregon's Defense is good not great IMO.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 7, 2010
 
Auburn is very Physical !!!!! thats where I think they will win !!!! they bring some stink on that @$$...
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 7, 2010
 
T-Town Clown wrote:
Auburn is very Physical !!!!! thats where I think they will win !!!! they bring some stink on that @$$...
Auburn will lose if it believes physicality will defeat
the Ducks. The Ducks thrive on opponents who believe
that physicality is an advantage .... because teams that
think they are bigger or stronger over-commit and make
the very mistakes the Ducks hope for on every snap.
Auburn has to let the game come to them if they hope
to win. The Ducks are betting Auburn doesn't have the
discipline necessary to stop them.

Meanwhile, Auburn offers the Ducks its greatest challenge
in containing or limiting Cam Newton either on the ground
or in the air. If the Ducks commit to stopping the pass
they will give up significant yards and probably 2 or
3 explosion plays on the ground. If they opt to stop
the ground game they will test Newton's arm against a
secondary that has shown itself to be opportunistic.

My prediction: special teams will be the deciding factor
in who wins or who loses.

In any case, this promises to be an exciting game thankfully
without all the media-fed b.s. about historic this or
historic that. Not one of these kids gives a rat's a##
about what happened in 1999 or 1972 or ... last week.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 7, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Auburn will lose if it believes physicality will defeat
the Ducks. The Ducks thrive on opponents who believe
that physicality is an advantage .... because teams that
think they are bigger or stronger over-commit and make
the very mistakes the Ducks hope for on every snap.
Auburn has to let the game come to them if they hope
to win. The Ducks are betting Auburn doesn't have the
discipline necessary to stop them.
Meanwhile, Auburn offers the Ducks its greatest challenge
in containing or limiting Cam Newton either on the ground
or in the air. If the Ducks commit to stopping the pass
they will give up significant yards and probably 2 or
3 explosion plays on the ground. If they opt to stop
the ground game they will test Newton's arm against a
secondary that has shown itself to be opportunistic.
My prediction: special teams will be the deciding factor
in who wins or who loses.
In any case, this promises to be an exciting game thankfully
without all the media-fed b.s. about historic this or
historic that. Not one of these kids gives a rat's a##
about what happened in 1999 or 1972 or ... last week.
real good post Bill!!! I agree with some of your logic, but Im going with Auburn...

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere in SoCal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 7, 2010
 
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>real good post Bill!!! I agree with some of your logic, but Im going with Auburn...
Only because your a SEC Homer LOL.

If you lived on the West Coast you know you would be all over the Oregon Ducks.....Fact~! hehe =)

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 8, 2010
 
Broadway Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because your a SEC Homer LOL.
If you lived on the West Coast you know you would be all over the Oregon Ducks.....Fact~! hehe =)
you live on the west coast you big ole Pac Ten HOMER LOL

GO SEC for 5
Steve Tellers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 8, 2010
 
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor baby .... one of the blue bloods .... one of those
with a sense of entitlement .... didn't make it this
year.
How refreshing. How grand not to see the same old faces
year after year.
The narcissism gets to be rather nauseating.
Watch these 2 teams go at it .... there isn't another
team in the Top 10 that could keep pace with either
Auburn or Oregon.
In case you missed it, they changed the very nature of
the game while you were asleep.
Read: "Oregon's Speed-Freak Offense" - NY Times.com
I agree 100%%%%%%%%%% This will be a great game, and I predict a narrow Oregon victory.

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 9, 2010
 
I think AU's defensive front will cause havoc.

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Dec 9, 2010
 

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••