Sports - Titans Beat Falcons 20-13

Sports - Titans Beat Falcons 20-13

There are 16 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Oct 7, 2007, titled Sports - Titans Beat Falcons 20-13. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

Nashville, TN - Vincent Fuller returned an interception 76 yards for a touchdown late in the third quarter to give Tennessee the lead for good, as the Titans held on for a 20-13 win over the Atlanta Falcons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

Concerned

San Jose, CA

#2 Oct 7, 2007
At least, people should be able to stop talking negatively about Deangelo Hall. He made the touchdown. It seems like the Falcons Offense was on vacation today. Thanks defense for your hard work

Since: Aug 07

Stone Mountain, GA

#3 Oct 7, 2007
Deangelo is overrated and the Falcons suck. They have never had back to back winning seasons. They hire a college coach to take them to the promise land.

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#4 Oct 7, 2007
Watching the game today was like watching a farmer try to plow concrete. No matter what he tries it does no good and you feel stupid for having wasted the time to watch cause you knew the outcome wouldn't be good.

“ Keep On Truckin”

Since: Sep 07

Conyers

#5 Oct 7, 2007
The good ol` days are gone!
myconju

Kissimmee, FL

#6 Oct 7, 2007
Well, whose fault was the loss this week. Oh it was Bobby Petrino's fault. Maybe he should fine himself $100,000.00.

Why the Falcon's didn't think Ken Whisenhunt was a good choice, I do not know. Probably for the same reason that Lovie Smith wasn't a good choice.
Scott

Marietta, GA

#7 Oct 8, 2007
Leftwich is horrible. I think Falcons would have scored there at the end in they kept Harrington in. I know Vick would have scored. Just a bonehead move. I almost feel like the Falcons but Leftwich in just to appease the african american fans. I'm not a football coach but I could clearly see that Leftwich is out of shape and skills have dimished.
wheeljc

Decatur, GA

#8 Oct 8, 2007
How long will it take Arthur Blank to attempt to unload the Falcons?
wheeljc

Decatur, GA

#9 Oct 8, 2007
Scott wrote:
Leftwich is horrible. I think Falcons would have scored there at the end in they kept Harrington in. I know Vick would have scored. Just a bonehead move. I almost feel like the Falcons but Leftwich in just to appease the african american fans. I'm not a football coach but I could clearly see that Leftwich is out of shape and skills have dimished.
Totally agree. The guy seemed so out of his element. Maybe Jacksonville knew something when they let him go! Coaching had to be a part of the problem with the Titans. Well-- will wait until next year, and watch the Redskins for the rest of the season! Maybe -- there will be a new owner with a new general manager!!
Fred

Acworth, GA

#10 Oct 8, 2007
Can you spell "S T I N K', with a capital coach of course..
Shirleys Commentary

Atlanta, GA

#11 Oct 8, 2007
One message for Byron Leftwich:

"Run Forrest, RUN!"

He would not be tackled as easily if he would develope wings!

He needs to remember:
"His boots are made for walk'in ...
One of these days his boots are gonna walk all over opposing teams!
Shirleys Commentary

Atlanta, GA

#12 Oct 8, 2007
When I was in Tennessee, I saw first hand what happens when the team phases out veterans ... CHAOS! With each cut the team lost games and even worse ... morale. Fans booed and sold their season's tickets. Some used their jersey's for doggie blankets. Others used objects with Titan logo's for pet poop scoopers. I hope that the Falcons will consider this when planning moves. Cutting your best players can be a two-edged sword! You might get better players or you might eat your lunch!
Falcons need a new coach AND quarterback for improvement to occur!
Some of the play calling during the Titans/Falcons game was questionable and even grade schoolish.
One thing is for sure, the Defense have proved they don't need a quarterback in order to play ball. They made miracles happen that no one would expect when there is an absence of a capable quarterback. I say, let's let the Defense play the next game and let BOTH quarterbacks sit the bench! That will end all quarterback controversy!:)smile.
Lastly, in spite of having NO quarterback, injuries looming, half the offensive line asleep, mental errors all over the field, crazy play calling, kickers that can't kick, and with the extra curricular moves of De'Angelo Hall, we can still proudly announce "WE'RE NOT IN LAST PLACE" (in our division) so we must be doing something right!
Alan

United States

#13 Oct 8, 2007
Gee Falcons lost......Is anyone really suprised?
Shannon

Atlanta, GA

#14 Oct 8, 2007
Fred wrote:
Can you spell "S T I N K', with a capital coach of course..
Where is DENNIS GREEN when we need him?
Shannon

Atlanta, GA

#15 Oct 8, 2007
Scott wrote:
Leftwich is horrible. I think Falcons would have scored there at the end in they kept Harrington in. I know Vick would have scored. Just a bonehead move. I almost feel like the Falcons but Leftwich in just to appease the african american fans. I'm not a football coach but I could clearly see that Leftwich is out of shape and skills have dimished.
I'm glad you said you "think" the Falcons would have scored with Harrington left in the game because you are clearly ignoring the FACT that Harrington has had 4 scoreless games!
Had we not had the Defense, the Falcons would NOT have won the game they won "BY THE SKIN OF THEIR TEETH"!
The BOTTOM LINE IS: This is NOT about African American Race issues that you so desperatelt want this to be about - poor you! This is about making a choice that will positively effect a struggling team. Harrington has been on the outs for a while already and it's a shame that he accepted the money has has accepted for all this time only to show he has learned nothing from Michael Vick's leadership! He has been riding the fence from day one!
It's Clear:
Harrington has had 4 games to get himself together and guess what ? THE FALCONS HAVE LOST!
BYRON LEFTWICH AT LEAST DESERVES 4 GAMES TO GET INTO THE GROOVE OF THIS NEW TEAM! 5 minutes in a game and 2 weeks bench sitting hardly shows a person's playing ability!

Once they have BOTH had 4 games plus weekly practices, lets see who has the better playing stats! You may be surprised by what BYRON can REALLY DO!!! Given the opportunity!:)
Shannon

Atlanta, GA

#16 Oct 8, 2007
Shirleys Commentary wrote:
When I was in Tennessee, I saw first hand what happens when the team phases out veterans ... CHAOS! With each cut the team lost games and even worse ... morale. Fans booed and sold their season's tickets. Some used their jersey's for doggie blankets. Others used objects with Titan logo's for pet poop scoopers. I hope that the Falcons will consider this when planning moves. Cutting your best players can be a two-edged sword! You might get better players or you might eat your lunch!
Falcons need a new coach AND quarterback for improvement to occur!
Some of the play calling during the Titans/Falcons game was questionable and even grade schoolish.
One thing is for sure, the Defense have proved they don't need a quarterback in order to play ball. They made miracles happen that no one would expect when there is an absence of a capable quarterback. I say, let's let the Defense play the next game and let BOTH quarterbacks sit the bench! That will end all quarterback controversy!:)smile.
Lastly, in spite of having NO quarterback, injuries looming, half the offensive line asleep, mental errors all over the field, crazy play calling, kickers that can't kick, and with the extra curricular moves of De'Angelo Hall, we can still proudly announce "WE'RE NOT IN LAST PLACE" (in our division) so we must be doing something right!
AMEN, Shirley! AMEN!:)
Ms Equality

Atlanta, GA

#17 Oct 8, 2007
Shannon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you said you "think" the Falcons would have scored with Harrington left in the game because you are clearly ignoring the FACT that Harrington has had 4 scoreless games!
Had we not had the Defense, the Falcons would NOT have won the game they won "BY THE SKIN OF THEIR TEETH"!
The BOTTOM LINE IS: This is NOT about African American Race issues that you so desperatelt want this to be about - poor you! This is about making a choice that will positively effect a struggling team. Harrington has been on the outs for a while already and it's a shame that he accepted the money has has accepted for all this time only to show he has learned nothing from Michael Vick's leadership! He has been riding the fence from day one!
It's Clear:
Harrington has had 4 games to get himself together and guess what ? THE FALCONS HAVE LOST!
BYRON LEFTWICH AT LEAST DESERVES 4 GAMES TO GET INTO THE GROOVE OF THIS NEW TEAM! 5 minutes in a game and 2 weeks bench sitting hardly shows a person's playing ability!
Once they have BOTH had 4 games plus weekly practices, lets see who has the better playing stats! You may be surprised by what BYRON can REALLY DO!!! Given the opportunity!:)
Amen! Thanks for your comments

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Craig Hentrich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Punter Hits Video Screen At New Cowboys Stadium... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Kneight Bauer 7
News NFL hits two Titans in wallet over tackles (Aug '09) Aug '09 vrgaines 1
News Punter hits video screen at new Cowboys Stadium (Aug '09) Aug '09 junior 5
News '99 Titans mourn '9' together (Jul '09) Jul '09 Kelli 1
News Titans punter Hentrich to play in 2009, Fisher ... (Mar '09) Mar '09 CRJ 2
News Tennessee Titans are still stunned after blowin... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Gomer 2
News Super-rookie Chris Johnson spearheads the groun... (Nov '08) Nov '08 ssefkaristo 1
More from around the web