Raiders trimming down

Raiders trimming down

There are 22 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Mar 9, 2010, titled Raiders trimming down. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

The Raiders have released several players in the last few days in an effort to remove contracts from their payroll and to create spaces to fill for 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Just Win Baby!”

Since: Sep 09

Raleigh, NC

#1 Mar 9, 2010
Javon Walker was baffling...even for a headcase...He was the highest paid player in the NFL(not by size of contract...but by per catch). He made 14miliion from us for a total of 15 catches. That is insane! Granted part of that was due to sitting him most of last year but still....
I am bummed about losing Ellis. He is a stand up guy. and I hate when we lose leadership that we desperately need.

Since: Jan 10

Murrieta, CA

#2 Mar 9, 2010
Raider_Faith wrote:
Javon Walker was baffling...even for a headcase...He was the highest paid player in the NFL(not by size of contract...but by per catch). He made 14miliion from us for a total of 15 catches. That is insane! Granted part of that was due to sitting him most of last year but still....
I am bummed about losing Ellis. He is a stand up guy. and I hate when we lose leadership that we desperately need.
i'm with u on this heartache all we can do is hope Ellis doesnt sign and we bring him back. some rumors already say that. but i agree with you Ellis is a hit to the lockerroom but 77 Matt Shaughnessy is looking like a late round steal. its crazy cuz after the first pick the rest of the drafts have been great.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#3 Mar 9, 2010
g ellis wanted to be here. leadership he had. injuries got him released and he sensed his release. i would have kept him around. i too like the way m shaughnessy is comming around.
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#4 Mar 10, 2010
I hated to lose Ellis too, but durability is the chance you take on older vets like that...Great locker room leader though. Shaughnessy made a good push at the end of last season and I think that lead to the release of Ellis along with franchising Seymour. I'm still wondering if Trevor Scott is gonna play LB or DE next year. He really made a good impression at LB and I think we should leave him there.

Murrieta, CA

#5 Mar 10, 2010
TexasRaider wrote:
I hated to lose Ellis too, but durability is the chance you take on older vets like that...Great locker room leader though. Shaughnessy made a good push at the end of last season and I think that lead to the release of Ellis along with franchising Seymour. I'm still wondering if Trevor Scott is gonna play LB or DE next year. He really made a good impression at LB and I think we should leave him there.
I'm interested in what the other lb's will bring to us. I know everyone says we should draft an OT, but I really really like McClain.

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#6 Mar 12, 2010
we lost (de) g ellis,(dt) g warren. if we lose (lb) j alston and and (lb) k morrison, it sounds as if we are going that direction in the draft! only (ot)c green in the (O-line) is what we have lost. well, besides a (wr) and a (rb). so,(D) sounds like it's definetley NOT out of the question.
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#7 Mar 12, 2010
only two free agents i maybe consider so far are (DL)antonio pierce and (rb) larry johnson.
RAIDERS 2010!!!

Murrieta, CA

#8 Mar 12, 2010
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
only two free agents i maybe consider so far are (DL)antonio pierce and (rb) larry johnson.
RAIDERS 2010!!!
Pierce is a LB. I wonder if they are dumping the roster to save money to somehow come up with another 1st rounder.

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#9 Mar 12, 2010
raidernationrise wrote:
<quoted text>
Pierce is a LB. I wonder if they are dumping the roster to save money to somehow come up with another 1st rounder.
a pierce was released because of some head injury they felt could be a problem down the line on his near future. so i believe he is a free agent. but this guy is a great team leader. can rally up the troops. i don't really see r seymour rallying the team even though he is good team inspiration. a pierce can talk it up. but after his comments about saying that "playing RAIDERS was like playing scrimage" might have ruined his chances of being considered despite us needing a player like him. he's out there!(still).
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#10 Mar 12, 2010
RAIDERS 2010!!!
so much for larry johnson! just signed with the skins. he said he wanted to play long side with c portis.
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“ALL AMERICAN”

Since: Aug 08

Long Beach, CA

#11 Mar 12, 2010
What happened to the raiders they used to have the highest winning percentage in football?
#1 MIAMI DOLPINS
#2 dallas cowboys
#3 chicago bears
I'll bet most raider fans
can't wait for your owner to die

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#12 Mar 13, 2010
gov-sucks wrote:
What happened to the raiders they used to have the highest winning percentage in football?
#1 MIAMI DOLPINS
#2 dallas cowboys
#3 chicago bears
I'll bet most raider fans
can't wait for your owner to die
we've been there, done that! most recently parcells helped your dolphins do you have an owner?
cowboys? not americas team anymore since?
bears? 80's
RAIDERS? WENT TO THE SUPERBOWL in 02. NOT BAD? COMPARED!
some want al davis dead, but not me. "I LOVE AL DAVIS!"
RAIDERS 2010 BABY!!!

“ALL AMERICAN”

Long Beach, CA

#13 Mar 13, 2010
Yes my dolphins have an owner do you have a QB?

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#14 Mar 13, 2010
do you?(lol)
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#15 Mar 13, 2010
(LOL) that's what i thought!
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“ALL AMERICAN”

Long Beach, CA

#16 Mar 14, 2010
(LOL) that's what i thought!
RAIDERS 2010!!!
Hey OG you talking to yourself?

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#17 Mar 16, 2010
(LOL) most of the time. glad you noticed! at least you don't sound angry. lets move on, stick with yours and i'll stick with mine.
RAIDERS 2010!!!=)

“ALL AMERICAN”

Long Beach, CA

#18 Mar 16, 2010
(LOL) most of the time. glad you noticed! at least you don't sound angry. lets move on, stick with yours and i'll stick with mine.
RAIDERS 2010!!!=)
Why would I be angry I love football!!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#19 Mar 16, 2010
most all non RAIDER fans that come here to the oakland forum are angry fans. glad you love football. my son in-law is a miami fan and he is a cool guy and so are most miami fans that i know. stay cool if you're cool?
RAIDERS 2010!!!
Loki

Whittier, CA

#20 Mar 16, 2010
Falling off a turnip truck must have been a real bitch. Its a pity the same truck didn't whack into AL while being wheeled to his car. Maybe the Raiders would have taken a page out of the management system put together by the Big Tuna in Miami and had a few winning seasons by now.
most all non RAIDER fans that come here to the oakland forum are angry fans. glad you love football. my son in-law is a miami fan and he is a cool guy and so are most miami fans that i know. stay cool if you're cool?
RAIDERS 2010!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cornell Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Loss of Cornell Green gives Raiders an extra pi... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Josey 2
News Buffalo Bills: Top 20 Questions Facing Second H... (Nov '10) Nov '10 old guy 1
News Oakland Raiders offensive line: Post draft pre-... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Loki 6
News 2010 NFL Mock Draft 4.0: Rounds 1-3 (Apr '10) Apr '10 azb 6
News Raiders must reinforce the trenches on draft day (Mar '10) Mar '10 Bullfarts 6
News Offensive line should be Raiders draft priority (Mar '10) Mar '10 TexasRaider 3
News Oakland Raiders' Smart Business Decisions Will ... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Eversley Delaney 1
More from around the web