Brett Favre to face sack-happy Lions line

Stumbling upon the Detroit Lions on the schedule used to be like having a second bye, a cure-all for whatever ails a team that particular week and a surefire victory before resuming the real NFL season. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
0for50

Eau Claire, WI

#1 Sep 24, 2010
Well Vikings fans I hope you've enjoyed Favre so far, this might be his last game. If they lose to the Lions, and go 0-3 Favre might retire with elbow problems before the bye. Just think how much fun it will be having the bottom of the division all to youselves.
JimisRite

Onalaska, WI

#2 Sep 24, 2010
Let's see what the "experts" on NFL.Com say about the Viking/Lions game ......(snicker)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playboo...

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#3 Sep 24, 2010
JimisRite wrote:
Let's see what the "experts" on NFL.Com say about the Viking/Lions game ......(snicker)
You are like an infant, posts' are juvenile, trite, repetitive, and redundant not to mention sophmoric. Was your mental age somehow inhibited at one point in your life?
Estate 45

Milwaukee, WI

#4 Sep 24, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>You are like an infant, posts' are juvenile, trite, repetitive, and redundant not to mention sophmoric. Was your mental age somehow inhibited at one point in your life?
Do you really think the Diva will stick around if you go 0-3, or perhaps 0-4?? He will down in Kiel riding his mower enjoying life while TJ is stinking up the field ...
ezg357d

AOL

#5 Sep 24, 2010
lol You can almost see Packers fans salivting at the thought of Favre going into retirement If all of you packers fans think Favre has lost his magic Tell me why would you want him to retire? it is obvious you still fear the man or you wouldnt care if he played or not. packer fans are a joke. GO VIKINGS
Mike

Saint Cloud, MN

#6 Sep 24, 2010
Feed them a big diet of draws, screens and quick slants. Nothing makes a defensive lineman mad than having the ball out of the quarterback's hand long before you get there.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#7 Sep 24, 2010
Mike wrote:
Feed them a big diet of draws, screens and quick slants. Nothing makes a defensive lineman mad than having the ball out of the quarterback's hand long before you get there.
It looks like that could very well be the recipe FOR SUCCESS this Sunday Mike, with noone to stretch the field or make plays by winning those one on one battles in the secondary it could come down to short quick passes and the stellar running of AP, good point-GO VIKES.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#8 Sep 24, 2010
Estate 45 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think the Diva will stick around if you go 0-3, or perhaps 0-4?? He will down in Kiel riding his mower enjoying life while TJ is stinking up the field ...
If I were A GB fan, and PRAISE JESUS I AM NOT, I would be very concerned about Rodgers and the lack of running game that GB does not possess. Without a premier runner to take pressure of Aaron he will be forced to throw more thereby subjecting him to harm via the arms of Allen and others that play D in the NFL. This is a rough league, Favre has proven he can withstand the punishent, it remains to be seen if Rodger's can.
Estate 45

Milwaukee, WI

#9 Sep 24, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>If I were A GB fan, and PRAISE JESUS I AM NOT, I would be very concerned about Rodgers and the lack of running game that GB does not possess. Without a premier runner to take pressure of Aaron he will be forced to throw more thereby subjecting him to harm via the arms of Allen and others that play D in the NFL. This is a rough league, Favre has proven he can withstand the punishent, it remains to be seen if Rodger's can.
Really, when? He had a great OF line all those years when he had NO receivers ... What punishment? He is the IRON MAN QB right? I agree that the Pack has No running game, but why is that different when BF had no running game ?? I like spearing with ya erie - fan ...
Estate 45

Milwaukee, WI

#10 Sep 24, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>If I were A GB fan, and PRAISE JESUS I AM NOT, I would be very concerned about Rodgers and the lack of running game that GB does not possess. Without a premier runner to take pressure of Aaron he will be forced to throw more thereby subjecting him to harm via the arms of Allen and others that play D in the NFL. This is a rough league, Favre has proven he can withstand the punishent, it remains to be seen if Rodger's can.
One more thought, though .... AR lived with no line the entire first half of last year and he lived ...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#11 Sep 24, 2010
They also play a sack happy Vikings line.
John from Wisconsin

Santa Monica, CA

#12 Sep 24, 2010
You paid 20 million for this? You guys are as pathetic as an inch of warm beer.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#13 Sep 24, 2010
Estate 45 wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thought, though .... AR lived with no line the entire first half of last year and he lived ...
True, I thought of that after I posted my response however every player is one play away from never playin' again so you want to have as much damage control as you can for your QB.. I was stunned to see AR throwing the ball on first and second downs at times against Buffalo when you guys were already up 3 scores in the 4th quarter.
ChillyWilly

Colfax, WI

#14 Sep 24, 2010
"...a largely unfamiliar receiving corps..."

I'm not getting it. Didn't Favre play with Berrian, Harvin, Shiancoe, and Lewis last year? Who is the unfamiliar one here?

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#15 Sep 24, 2010
Bleeds Purple wrote:
They also play a sack happy Vikings line.
Hi Bleeds, yeah and with S. Hill as their QB not Stafford. Best and Johnson are some serious weapons though, have to watch those two closely.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#16 Sep 24, 2010
ChillyWilly wrote:
"...a largely unfamiliar receiving corps..."
I'm not getting it. Didn't Favre play with Berrian, Harvin, Shiancoe, and Lewis last year? Who is the unfamiliar one here?
Lewis cought 12 passes last season brainiac, Harvin has been riddled with various injuries and family strife thus far and is not himself, Berrian is the biggest underacheiver on this team and Shank has been stellar. Missing Rice big time.

Location hidden

#17 Sep 24, 2010
JimisRite wrote:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nf l/feed/2010-09/flawed-teams

Location hidden

#18 Sep 24, 2010
grizzlysteve

Helena, MT

#19 Sep 24, 2010
Both McKinnie and Loadholt have got to move with speed backwards to protect against the pass rushers. Loadholt might be a litlle bit better than Ryan Cook
who was terrible in pass protection almost making one wonder if Darrel Bevel doesnt belong as an offensive line coach.
ex favre fan

Pine Island, MN

#20 Sep 24, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
Ya. jared........what ever will we do?!..0 sacks..Hahhahaahahh!.........P S.......Hey, Idiot, bert is 41, Aaron is 26!.....I'll put my money on Aaron!.....bert=Bad ankle, and now a bad elbow!.....He's just looking for an excuse!.........Hahahhhha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corey Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lions' Suh growing up, and he's better than ever (Sep '13) Sep '13 BillInKeyWest 1
Another NFL Dwi, Rodgers to Reach 6,000 Yards? (Jul '12) Aug '12 Tittle Reads 9
John Niyo: NFL Preview: Fearsome D-line is Lion... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Fearfarts 2
Lions Introduce Free Agent Signings Durant, Wright (Jul '11) Jul '11 phatso 1
Ndamukong Suh excited for Nick Fairley, likes L... (May '11) May '11 LOL 1
2011 NFL Draft Grades for the Detroit Lions (May '11) May '11 West Coast 1
Don't look now, but Detroit Lions have better p... (Dec '10) Dec '10 vince 20
More from around the web