Green Bay Packers 2008 Draft Preview

Green Bay Packers 2008 Draft Preview

There are 8 comments on the Sports Network story from Apr 4, 2008, titled Green Bay Packers 2008 Draft Preview. In it, Sports Network reports that:

The Packers' most-scrutinized pick of the 2008 Draft won't come in the first round, as the potential backup to quarterback Aaron Rodgers figures to be tabbed no earlier than the third. via Sports Network

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sports Network.

normallylikeyell ow

Altoona, PA

#1 Apr 5, 2008
Interesting article, but my sense is that the Packers aren't panicking on the QB thing because Jon Gruden has 6 on his current roster and will cut 3 of them--which will be a bargain and likely will be someone (besides Brian Griese) who has started some games. If we take a QB it will be late or after the draft. Ricky Santos--I'm telling ya--he's the steal.
Andrew

United States

#2 Apr 5, 2008
our back up qb is brett favre. haha. if AR goes down, we just gotta make a phone call to ole Brett to save the day.
Kathy

AOL

#3 Apr 5, 2008
Pack will draft his back-up ifin' one of the top QBS slips down to us. It all depends on the crazy teams ahead of us. The better Q would be what player will the Jets reach for in the first rd? J-E-T_S
normallylikeyell ow

Curwensville, PA

#5 Apr 6, 2008
lol Yeah we do scare up some guys at schools that you have no idea even play football. That and if you play at San Diego State you can pack your parka.
answerman

Wausau, WI

#6 Apr 7, 2008
I agree with the first post... the Packers' backup QB for 2008 is a veteran currently on someone else's roster and will be signed after the first flurry of cuts once training camp starts, a la Jim McMahon in 1996. I seriously doubt that with their high hopes for this year the Packers will go into this season with an unproven backup.
normallylikeyell ow

United States

#7 Apr 7, 2008
Gosh, someone agrees with me?!!! Eric, ProBall, check it out! McCown, Gadkowski and Simms are all worth a look. If healthy it's one good QB coach passing them off to another--and we have a lot more play makers.

“Go Pack Go”

Since: Jun 07

Stevens Point, Wisconsin

#8 Apr 7, 2008
normallylikeyellow wrote:
Gosh, someone agrees with me?!!! Eric, ProBall, check it out! McCown, Gadkowski and Simms are all worth a look. If healthy it's one good QB coach passing them off to another--and we have a lot more play makers.
Yeah, we could end up with a vet, but look back at 93-94, no vets, just good draft choices. We'll be fine. Ty Detmer, Mark Brunnel, TJ Rubly. Hey nice to talk some Pack, instead of those two wackoos from MN.
eric

Arpin, WI

#9 Apr 8, 2008
I like Simms but the kidney injury,might have shelved him from football.
I fiqured we would have signed the kid from Jax orBalt. before he signed with Houston. Vinny Testaverde is collecting SS just about,but theres plenty of vets down the line who can fill in over a few weeks or in blow out situations.
I wish we played Rodgers more in Blow out sits so we knew better what we have. WE know he will be good,but a more positive note and game plan would be better for all confidence involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corey Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lions' Suh growing up, and he's better than ever (Sep '13) Sep '13 BillInKeyWest 1
News Another NFL Dwi, Rodgers to Reach 6,000 Yards? (Jul '12) Aug '12 Tittle Reads 9
News John Niyo: NFL Preview: Fearsome D-line is Lion... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Fearfarts 2
News Lions Introduce Free Agent Signings Durant, Wright (Jul '11) Jul '11 phatso 1
News Ndamukong Suh excited for Nick Fairley, likes L... (May '11) May '11 LOL 1
News 2011 NFL Draft Grades for the Detroit Lions (May '11) May '11 West Coast 1
News Don't look now, but Detroit Lions have better p... (Dec '10) Dec '10 vince 20
More from around the web