5 reasons the packers will not sweep ...

5 reasons the packers will not sweep the vikings this season

There are 25 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 7, 2008, titled 5 reasons the packers will not sweep the vikings this season. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

4: Oh yeah, Brett Favre. He has been a thorn in the Vikings' side for years, saving some of his greatest performances and comebacks for the purple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gritty

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Sep 7, 2008
And the the snooze alarm went off and ya'll woke up on Tuesday morning asking, "what happened dude"? It may very well be that the Vikes are better but you still have the same coach, the same lousy secondary and of course players in jail/suspended. Isn't an orange jumpsuit standard equipment for the Vikes? Oh well, we'll see and then some.
MikeyT

Stoughton, WI

#2 Sep 7, 2008
Gritty

We will see. I wonder if you'll be here to "Man up" if your packers lose. Often I've found the trolls leave a lot to be desired in that catagory.

I've seen the packers play this year. The issues on the line are of great concern. Basic football fundementals, if you can't block, you won't be doing much.

Skol!
Mike
40for60

United States

#3 Sep 7, 2008
Good article, GB will miss Favre, they seem to be the only people who don't get it.
Thompson is taking the chance that little of last year's success was due to Favre. As the article stated, they didn't upgrade anywhere, and actually lost a ton of experience. We will quickly find out just how much of Favre' experience, reliability, and maybe most important, his passion for the game will affect the rest of the team.
I think they will be trying to roast tt/mm at the stake soon.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#4 Sep 7, 2008
1. brett favre is gone
2. aaron rodgers is playing QB
3. they wont get the running game going this year against the vikings
4. they cant just focus on stopping peterson and taylor because they will get burned deep by berrian
5. their just not as good as the vikings

Rensselaer

#5 Sep 7, 2008
Gritty wrote:
And the the snooze alarm went off and ya'll woke up on Tuesday morning asking, "what happened dude"? It may very well be that the Vikes are better but you still have the same coach, the same lousy secondary and of course players in jail/suspended. Isn't an orange jumpsuit standard equipment for the Vikes? Oh well, we'll see and then some.
if the vikings win 10 games or more, will we hear from you again.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#6 Sep 7, 2008
This should red "Why nobody really cares about what the sorry Vikings or Packers do this season"
Scruffy

Campus, IL

#7 Sep 7, 2008
"5. No No. 4: Oh yeah, Brett Favre. He has been a thorn in the Vikings' side for years, saving some of his greatest performances and comebacks for the purple"

Seems to me, other than last year, both teams were almost dead even in win/loss %, points scored etc... Doesn't sound like a "thorn" to me.
40for60

United States

#8 Sep 7, 2008
Scruffy wrote:
"5. No No. 4: Oh yeah, Brett Favre. He has been a thorn in the Vikings' side for years, saving some of his greatest performances and comebacks for the purple"
Seems to me, other than last year, both teams were almost dead even in win/loss %, points scored etc... Doesn't sound like a "thorn" to me.
Read on....http://slam.canoe.ca/Sla m/Football/NFL/2008/09/07/6692 431-ap.html
ZygiZag

Steen, MN

#10 Sep 7, 2008
Good article. I forgot Chilli being 2-0 out of the gates. They will get pressure and sacks with the front four. If they hit Rogers often and early, mistakes misread and phatom footsteps will follow. BF carried that team last year for 1/2 the season until they found their running game. Neither QB can carry their team. The Vikes QB will not have too.

Location hidden

#12 Sep 8, 2008
How about 5 reasons the Packers will win.

1. Jackson is still your qb.

2. Childress is still your coach

3. O-line can't pass block

4. Secondary can't cover high school recievers

5. Playing in Green Bay
Josh

Waukesha, WI

#13 Sep 8, 2008
I'm sorry but GB will win.
AP, yes a great RB but that's not enough.
The Vikqueens have no QB, a weaker O-Line, and a mediocre Defense.
So, GB will win.
wisco_badgers

Montgomery, AL

#14 Sep 9, 2008
Nice, But we still found a way to beat the purple again.
wisco_badgers

Montgomery, AL

#15 Sep 9, 2008
I really do feel sorry for you guys, wait a minute, no I don't. Buy the way, Peterson looked great hahaha, no. Jackson looked fine hahaha, no. Purple will never be GREEN so stop trying.

Rensselaer

#16 Sep 9, 2008
wisco_badgers wrote:
I really do feel sorry for you guys, wait a minute, no I don't. Buy the way, Peterson looked great hahaha, no. Jackson looked fine hahaha, no. Purple will never be GREEN so stop trying.
103 yards rushing aint a good game. and t-jack really didnt play too bad either. that interception at the end of the game wasnt his fault. shiancoe just didnt finish his route. can somebody please tell me why the hell we dont start kleinsasser over shianco. he is absolutely horrible and is always dropping passes, missing his block assignments, and never finishing his route. i wish we would get rid of his @ss.

Location hidden

#17 Sep 9, 2008
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
103 yards rushing aint a good game. and t-jack really didnt play too bad either. that interception at the end of the game wasnt his fault. shiancoe just didnt finish his route. can somebody please tell me why the hell we dont start kleinsasser over shianco. he is absolutely horrible and is always dropping passes, missing his block assignments, and never finishing his route. i wish we would get rid of his ****.
That int was completely his fault. Neither of those recievers had a chance of catching that ball, you don't throw a pass into four guys playing zone coverage unless you plan on having it picked off. How do you think Farve got so many INT's, it was from boneheaded throws like that.
Cowboyfansince75

Houston, TX

#18 Sep 9, 2008
Vikings are joke.
Josh

Waukesha, WI

#19 Sep 9, 2008
So...Green Bay won? Just what we though Minnesota.
So how about Aaron Rodgers?
How solid is that guy? WOW.
A true 65 yard pass to Jennings with 0-2 YAC?
I think we are alright at the QB position.
Hell, it beat Favre's 50 yard pass and a 6 yard tackle into the endzone this past Sunday against the Dolphins. Way to go Aaron.
Great game by #12. I just wish that the announcers would get off of the whole Favre thing, even though Aaron's TD pass to Hall was very much "Favre-esque".
But, he had a great game.
Even though I am a die-hard Green Bay Fan, I respect AP in a high fashion.
AP did decent but again, he has no one good to block for him and he what he could.
The Minnesota defense had it's moments...but there werent many.
And Jackson...hahaha. He is one of the worst QB's ever to play the game.
Sorry Minnesota, but Green Bay will be haunting your dreams for a long time until you get a new man under center(and decent players to the left and right of the center for that matter). And the amount that Minnesota is paying their overrated linemen, there's no way you can even afford a decent QB.
So, good news for Green Bay fans. I'm sure we'll be beating the Vikings plenty of times within the next few years, and yes, that includes a sweep this season.
cowboyfansince75

Houston, TX

#20 Sep 9, 2008
Jeebs wrote:
1. brett favre is gone
2. aaron rodgers is playing QB
3. they wont get the running game going this year against the vikings
4. they cant just focus on stopping peterson and taylor because they will get burned deep by berrian
5. their just not as good as the vikings
You are an idiot! ROFLMAO!

Rensselaer

#22 Sep 10, 2008
tjwillie wrote:
<quoted text>
That int was completely his fault. Neither of those recievers had a chance of catching that ball, you don't throw a pass into four guys playing zone coverage unless you plan on having it picked off. How do you think Farve got so many INT's, it was from boneheaded throws like that.
it definitely wasnt his fault because shiancoe stopped in the middle of his route.
40for60

United States

#23 Sep 10, 2008
Deaf poet wrote:
NUMB NUTS lets recap the PACKERS are headed toward a sweep WHY because vikings can't beat them with Childress at the helm :) Game ONE that apparently PACKERS should have lost goes to who none other than GREEN BAY so take your article and shove it up your cram hole pigeon fodder writer
Nice, is english your second language?
Did someone forget that GB was a 3 point favorite?
As much as the packer backers would like to imagine, the Vikings were not the favorite. Before the game, the announcers went around and polled the NFL dignitaries about who would win the game, and it was about 8-2 for the packers.
That Minnesota had a chance to win at the end maybe doesn't say so much about how bad Minnesota is, it might be an inkling into how bad GB is also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corey Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lions' Suh growing up, and he's better than ever (Sep '13) Sep '13 BillInKeyWest 1
News Another NFL Dwi, Rodgers to Reach 6,000 Yards? (Jul '12) Aug '12 Tittle Reads 9
News John Niyo: NFL Preview: Fearsome D-line is Lion... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Fearfarts 2
News Lions Introduce Free Agent Signings Durant, Wright (Jul '11) Jul '11 phatso 1
News Ndamukong Suh excited for Nick Fairley, likes L... (May '11) May '11 LOL 1
News 2011 NFL Draft Grades for the Detroit Lions (May '11) May '11 West Coast 1
News Don't look now, but Detroit Lions have better p... (Dec '10) Dec '10 vince 20
More from around the web