Colts lose Moorehead, regain Klecko

Colts lose Moorehead, regain Klecko

There are 100 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 20, 2007, titled Colts lose Moorehead, regain Klecko. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Aaron Moorehead's season is over. The Indianapolis Colts placed their veteran wide receiver on the injured reserve list with a back injury.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

K from S Indiana

United States

#65 Nov 20, 2007
Coltie Cutie wrote:
<quoted text>
Clark's been trying real hard the last few games to drop as many as he can.
Let's not leave Wayne out this equation, either.
Lindy M

United States

#66 Nov 20, 2007
bear fan wrote:
<quoted text>"Wow" you sure told me off!That IPS education did you wonders.
I have an IPS education. I also have a college degree and a 134 IQ. Any more smart @ss comments?
Wayne

Columbus, IN

#67 Nov 20, 2007
Moorehead has brought zero to the team except dropped passes and busted routes.
TenHut

Marysville, OH

#68 Nov 20, 2007
Colt Killer wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the Dolts already tried. How's that working for ya dip sht
... I still remember you trolling here last year... right before we beat you Pat-hetic peons and mercifully ended your season. Why keep trying the same old trolling dip sht?
holy cow

Indianapolis, IN

#69 Nov 20, 2007
The only thing they lost was the rather large number of interceptions he creates!!!
Colts fan

United States

#70 Nov 20, 2007
We will actually be better off without Moorhead because he is lousy. Welcome back Klecko, he will make a lot of difference. I do not know why we decided to keep Moorhead in the first place.
Colts fan in Reading PA

Jersey City, NJ

#71 Nov 20, 2007
Who can possibly fill another WR gap in the lineup? At the rate we are going, we'll have to permanently move Clark to WR and bring Ken Dilger out of retirement to fill his spot. This injury bug is atrocious. How much longer can this team remain competitive to still remain in a healthy position for the postseason? Is any else worried about Marvin's knee long term?
raoul

Aurora, CO

#72 Nov 20, 2007
absolutely nothing lost by losing moorehead. what a waste of roster space he was. glad to see him gone.
Wrong

Evansville, IN

#73 Nov 20, 2007
Hey! Awesome story, in Klecko the Colts have a wide receiver who can actually catch the ball, too bad he's actually a defensive tackle.

He also doesn't look like he rode the little bus like Moorehead does.
Wrong

Evansville, IN

#74 Nov 20, 2007
Lindy M wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an IPS education. I also have a college degree and a 134 IQ. Any more smart @ss comments?
People who brag about their high IQ's typically have really low ones.
bear fan

Indianapolis, IN

#75 Nov 20, 2007
Lindy M wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very impressed. Wow.. A successe story in IPS. I would never have thought it.You really got me on that one. I bet your a doctor or somthing really important.(Sarcasm)
Pats Rule

Covington, KY

#76 Nov 20, 2007
bear fan wrote:
<quoted text>"Wow" you sure told me off!That IPS education did you wonders.
HAHAHAHAH good one!
terd ferguson

Indianapolis, IN

#77 Nov 20, 2007
looks like another player leaving at the end of the season (at least I hope so) maybe he will have a great career after the colts. Just like uh... vander...no uh edger....nope...
rhodes...nope.....june.....nop e...
stokley...uh
well maybe he be can break the trend with oakland or miami next season

leave indy and good riddance go drop passes for some one else
SIA

United States

#78 Nov 20, 2007
Losing any player on this depleted roster is a bad loss. I heard his mother was a Bond girl.
Matt- Not From CA

Alexandria, VA

#79 Nov 20, 2007
Dan isn't a bad blocker either. Power eye formation and pound that rock. Solves the problems of recievers with the dropsies.
Kreacher

Lowell, MA

#80 Nov 21, 2007
rick wrote:
And for all the Patsies.
Brady was missing quality receivers last year and he's a damn good QB, but the Colts will be absolutely fine when they are all healthy and we see you again in January. Enjoy getting fat on Buffalo and the rest of the pathetic AFC East. Despite the loss, the Colts proved they are the Pats' equal. Having to beat quality teams, the Colts will be battered but well prepared come playoff time.
Enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas, Patsie fans, because January is going to end up the same as last year. Tom and Bill going home to design their next cheating scheme and father bastard children while the Colts are in the Super Bowl.
Nice post Rick. You know, it was fine until that last paragraph. At that point you showed your ignorance. Think back to the game on 11/4. The Pats ran the ball the whole game and then aired it when they needed to. When they did finally unleash the dogs what happened? They marched down the field in seconds on two successive drives. They showed your team nothing that day in regards to their playbook and what they can actually do. Indy hasn't seen the Pats team they will see in January. And unfortunately for youu, the guy who could throw a wrench in things is on the IR. I personally am sorry to see that because I appreciate the way Freeney is a disruption and a damn good player.

You dump on the AFC East but your division isn't looking so tough these days. The Titans lost to a pretty bad team in Denver the other night. The Jets beat Pittsburgh. I think on any given Sunday, any team can beat any other team. And let's face it, everyone is gunning to beat the Pats right now. That Bills team they destroyed the other night almost beat Dallas. So your logic about piling up on the AFC East is bogus. Only 4 of our 10 wins are attributed to division games.

If you want to dispute this with facts and some good football talk, fine. If you want to fight back with ignorance and a potty mouth, then save your breath.
Kreacher

Lowell, MA

#81 Nov 21, 2007
rick wrote:
so you Patsie fans can read between the lines, Tom will be fathering more ba$tard children.
Hey, and he'll have more jewelry to go with those children....namely rings....

You are pathetic. Why don't you look at some facts and then speak. You're an ignorant person.
Grendels04

Stockton, NJ

#82 Nov 21, 2007
Reality Check wrote:
This to particuarly Go Horse:
We are now seeing just how "great" Peyton Manning is when he has an ordinary receiving core.
Suck it up Colts fans because this is what Tom Brady has had to deal with for years.
And now that Brady has the receiving weapons that Manning has always had Brady is putting up even better numbers than Manning AND how ordinary at times Manning looks.
But the most gratifying thing to see from you Colts fans is how "loyal" you are with your team, especially after the losses to the Patriots and Chargers. I have never seen so many front-runner, fair-weather fans.
Patriots will be the Super Bowl Champs once again.
The truth hurts!
Take some of your own advice, Monsieur Le Realitie. The silly crowing in joy over your ill-conceived and poorly thought out premise is pitiable. I shall try to the best of my ability to correct your wrong-headedness.

Your attempts to compare the struggles of Peyton Manning with middle of the road receivers in the last 2 games with Tom Brady's success in the Super Bowl in 2002, 2004 and 2005 shows an abysmal lack of knowledge of your own team.

The two receivers who were the starters on your team at the time (Givens & Branch) each had numerous games under their belts at the end of those years. Including a significant number of starts (if not all of them) in each of those years.

In Indy, Aaron Moorehead and Craphonso Thorpe (who have been trading time as Harrison's "replacement") each have 2 starts, the last 2 games. If we were forced (for some unforeseeable reason) to keep Thorpe as a starter through the end of the year, he and Manning would have the time to develop the report that is so vitale to a QB/WR combination. In that, unlikely event, please feel free to return to this message board and give us all your enlightened opinion of Peyton Manning.
Grendels04

Stockton, NJ

#83 Nov 21, 2007
Kreacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post Rick. You know, it was fine until that last paragraph. At that point you showed your ignorance. Think back to the game on 11/4. The Pats ran the ball the whole game and then aired it when they needed to. When they did finally unleash the dogs what happened? They marched down the field in seconds on two successive drives. They showed your team nothing that day in regards to their playbook and what they can actually do .......

You dump on the AFC East but your division isn't looking so tough these days. The Titans lost to a pretty bad team in Denver the other night. The Jets beat Pittsburgh. I think on any given Sunday, any team can beat any other team. And let's face it, everyone is gunning to beat the Pats right now.
Please make note, the Steelers are not in the AFC South. They are in the the AFC North. While, I have no problem with you taking Rick to task, it is has more of an impact when you avoid these types of errors.

Now, let’s talk about your suggestion that Bill Belichick was holding the Patriots in check during our game on 11/4 in an attempt to keep your playbook from being fully disclosed. This is one of the oddest arguments I have ever heard about this game. Although I will confess that you are not the only one who has recently made it.

Why would Belichick do this? If the Patriots are capable of beating everyone in the League by 18+ points, why would they not do that against the Colts? Because if the issue was “hiding” the playbook from Dungy, why didn’t he “hide” it from Wade Phillips? And, frankly, I would assume that he would be MORE concerned about “hiding” the playbook the longer the season went on, not less. But, they retrun from the bye week and beat the Bills 56-10. In addition, the statement that your team “ran the ball the whole game and then aired it when they needed to” is erroneous. Please note the stats: 32 passing attempts/21 completions, versus 28 rushing attempts, spread remarkably even throughout the game. You ran a very balanced rush/pass attack.

Remember Occam’s Razor:“All things being equal, the simplest explanation is the most likely one.” In other words, you didn’t run up the score on the Colts, because you couldn’t. Belichick did figure out the offensive line schemes in the last 8 minutes of game play, and the Patriot defense was able to force two turnovers. This kept Manning on the bench, and the Colts defense on the field. While they had played lights out all game, they were not able to rest long enough over our last two offensive series to be at full strength for your two last offensive series. Where you scored. This is the same basic thing that the Colts were able to do to your team in the AFC Championship game. Your coach (whom I have a great of respect for) took the prudent course when he got a four-point lead at the end of the game. Intead of risk a potential turn-over by taking the ball to the air to “run up the score” he took a knee. End of game. Incidentally, this was the game that convinced me that the Patriots are NOT trying to run up the score on other teams.
Kreacher

San Jose, CA

#84 Nov 21, 2007
Grendels04 wrote:
<quoted text>Please make note, the Steelers are not in the AFC South. They are in the the AFC North. While, I have no problem with you taking Rick to task, it is has more of an impact when you avoid these types of errors.
Your coach (whom I have a great of respect for) took the prudent course when he got a four-point lead at the end of the game. Intead of risk a potential turn-over by taking the ball to the air to “run up the score” he took a knee. End of game. Incidentally, this was the game that convinced me that the Patriots are NOT trying to run up the score on other teams.
Nice concise post. Appreciate your comments!
I understand that Pitt is in the AFC North. My point was one of the lowly teams in our division beat one of the top 3 teams in the AFC. That's all!:) Any given Sunday, that was my point.
As for my point about hiding our playbook. I think belichick respects Indy and especially Tony Dungy. I think he is well aware who he is probably facing in the AFC Championship Game come January. I think he knew if he were to go out there and play them like they've been playing every week, that Dungy would come away with something. Some "needle in the haystack" that could lead to problems in January. I also think he want to see just how good that D is (and it is good!). I feel he wanted to make sure Indy knew we could run and pound the ball as well so they have to decide later on which game they try and take away. I agree with you that the Pats couldn't run the score up on Indy. That really wasn't my point. But they didn't air the ball as much as they have been in each game. And frankly, that may be the result of the fact that they weren't on the field as often as they are in most games. A tribute to your D.
The one thing I found strange about that game, is how out of gas your D was at the end while the Pats D was fresh and pumped. An exact opposite of last year's AFC Championship game. One thing our D can do is to shift and rotate people and still be very effective. That's one place where I think the Indy team is a little weaker. And maybe the win can be summed up as simply as that. We could sit here all day and discuss different points because you have some good ones that make me think too.

Your last comment about running up the game is Spot on. You don't take the risk there. Why would you? Are the Pats scoring a lot in most games? Yes. But even this week with Buffalo, they did not run up the score. Why put up three when you can go for it on 4th down and give the other team a chance to stop you and take over on downs?

Good luck the rest of the way!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corey Hilliard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cowboys Out Against Lions: Murray, Ware, Austin (Oct '13) Oct '13 Condoms Suck 3
News Detroit Lions' Nick Fairley, Brandon Pettigrew ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 butch bauer 1
News Detroit Lions regain services of Jeff Backus, T... (Aug '11) Sep '11 Restorefarts 3
Corey Hilliard bio (Apr '11) Apr '11 nakrul 1
News Gosder Cherilus undergoes microfracture surgery (Dec '10) Dec '10 LionsNo_9 1
News Browns Tweak Roster Again (Sep '09) Sep '09 scottdmorrow1 1
News Taylor In Familiar Role (Nov '07) Nov '07 bulldog3 2
More from around the web