Stanford's Huge Second Half Propels Cardinal over Virginia Tech

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

The #12/#13 Virginia Tech football team lost to #4/#5 Stanford 40-12 Monday night in the Orange Bowl in Miami, Florida.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Coach

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

The Hokie coaching staff is losing their mojo. Bud Foster's scheme has been picked apart by more teams than ever. The offensive play calling has been in question for several years now. "Beamer Ball" as they call it, has produced fewer special teams points and takeaways than ever. If Tech wants to move beyond Bullies of the ACC, they'll need to make some changes to this group. Let's face it, dominating Atlantic Coast "competition" is nothing to be proud of these days.
history buff

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

Tech's offensive line couldn't block.Taylor couldn't hit his receivers.Their running backs couldn't gain much or pick up a blitz.Their defense couldn't tackle,stop the run or the pass.Other than that,they played pretty good(lol).
WaHoo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

Judged:

Dear Mr. Stanford Cardinal,
Thank you for the fools you made of vpi !
Ps, may I have my pep band back ?
Metoo

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

1-27 against top 5 teams. Last night, according to Beamer, was suppose to take them a step closer to being recognized as a potential top 5 team. Obviously, being a powerhouse in the ACC does not equate to being a national powerhouse. Oh well, there's always next year.
Hoo Fan

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

All the hype about the Hokies and for what??? Once again they choked and couldn't produce against a worthy opponent. blah blah blah...

Agree with you Coach, still bullies of the ACC and that's about it.
SayWhat

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

So is it a new grammar thing? Why "cardinal" instead of cardinals? Should we be saying the Arizona Cardinal too? The sports folks have been bugging the poo out of me for weeks with this. What gives?
What

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

SayWhat wrote:
So is it a new grammar thing? Why "cardinal" instead of cardinals? Should we be saying the Arizona Cardinal too? The sports folks have been bugging the poo out of me for weeks with this. What gives?
Dude. That's what they are called. Like the color red. I think their mascot is a pine tree or something. At least it's better than a castrated turkey.

Since: Dec 10

Bonaire, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

Go Boise!
SayWhat

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

Where are all the Hokie fans on this blog? All of the Tech people in my office are strangely silent too. I guess their still choking on Cardinal droppings.

And for the Hoo fans, Stanford is the UVA and Duke of the West Coast. Why are they able to recruit smart kids who are great athletes and you get the pop warner rejects?
history buff

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

SayWhat wrote:
Where are all the Hokie fans on this blog? All of the Tech people in my office are strangely silent too. I guess their still choking on Cardinal droppings.
And for the Hoo fans, Stanford is the UVA and Duke of the West Coast. Why are they able to recruit smart kids who are great athletes and you get the pop warner rejects?
Good question.I suspect it's been WHO is doing the recruiting that's been the problem.
Coach London had to make do with Groh's leftovers this year,with predictable results.UVA held on to Groh too long,and it's going to take London a few seasons to rebuild the program to a respectable level.I have confidence in him though,and UVA will be back.
Like you,I've noticed the uncharacteristic quiet of the usually obnoxious Tech fans.Turkey was served in the Orange Bowl.I'm not sure which is more embarrasing,to support a team that didn't make a bowl game or one that did and looked like a bunch of middle school players on national TV.
UVA FAN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

Well Va Tech now knows how it feels to get and old fashion *** wooping! I know how it feels a lot, being a Hoo fan. Except for one exception , Tech lost to #4 Stanford, Virginia would get the the same *** wooping playing Akron AT&T!

Since: Dec 10

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

Harbaugh and Luck will be gone. What a shame the Scarlet color will be back to being itself next year. I dont mind seeing them do good though.
WaHoo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

Again
Dear Mr.'s Sanford Cardinals,
Thank you for the FOOL you made of the vpi's !
Hoo Fan

Farmville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

ORANGE JUICE WAS TASTY THIS MORNING! THANKS SANFORD!
Getitright

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Hey folks, if you're going to enjoy the outcome, at least get the winning team's name right, the Stanford Cardinal (not Sanford as in "and Sons" and not Cardinals as in the bird, baseball or football team.) So far, there have been a number of bowl games that didn't live up to the hype and this was certainly one of them.
Jerk

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

I wish UVa could actually make it to bowl games so we could post meaningless comments when they get their butts kicked.
What

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

Jerk wrote:
I wish UVa could actually make it to bowl games so we could post meaningless comments when they get their butts kicked.
Your screen name is accurate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coby Fleener Discussions

Search the Coby Fleener Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Heyward-Bey ready to take chance against Oakland (Sep '13) Sep '13 The Autumn Wind 12
Two Tight Ends, Three Tight Endsa Four Tight Ends? (Aug '12) Oct '12 BigDan 20
Stanford names Nunes Luck's replacement at QB (Aug '12) Aug '12 BigDan 1
Indianapolis Colts Rumors: Can Donald Brown Fin... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Volsfan 1
Luck, No. 4 Stanford beat No. 22 ND, 28-14 (Nov '11) Nov '11 RevEZDamnUall 1
Luck dominates Stanford's spring game (Apr '11) Apr '11 The Curse 1
Luck dominates Stanford's spring game (Apr '11) Apr '11 DocB 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••