Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers suffers concussion in OT loss to Washington

Full story: TwinCities.com

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers suffered a concussion late in Green Bay's 16-13 overtime loss to the Washington Redskins, one of several injuries for the Packers on Sunday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Oct 21, 2010

Since: Aug 10

Here

#1 Oct 11, 2010
Man did they take a beating in the injury department. During the game at times though it did look like the Keystone Cops were playing for both teams. Usually it's one of two teams trying to give the or hand the other team a victory but in this game it was two teams telling each other.. you take it, no we don't want it either so you take it. I think it's safe to say neither one of these two teams will be getting a whiff of anything even close to the Super Bowl... sorry cheeseheads. I do hope Rogers is okay because without him their season would come to screeching halt. I noticed all the cheeseheads at the Green Bay Press Gazette Packer forum are laying this loss at the feet of McCarthy again with most of them calling for his head.

Why aren't there any cheeseheads commenting here now? Where's ex-favre fan?
viking woman

Richland Center, WI

#2 Oct 11, 2010
Oh Dear,,, will early dementia set in with Rodgers? not thinking he is going to have a very long career,, he has been sacked ALOT in the past couple of years.
And he doesn't seem very tough,,thinking he's going to back off alot from now on, try to avoid those hard hitting sacks.
packerhacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#3 Oct 11, 2010
viking woman wrote:
Oh Dear,,, will early dementia set in with Rodgers? not thinking he is going to have a very long career,, he has been sacked ALOT in the past couple of years.
And he doesn't seem very tough,,thinking he's going to back off alot from now on, try to avoid those hard hitting sacks.
He doesn't have a choice, he'll be on the bench!
Chev Chelios

Grand Rapids, MN

#4 Oct 11, 2010
Aint My America wrote:
Man did they take a beating in the injury department. During the game at times though it did look like the Keystone Cops were playing for both teams. Usually it's one of two teams trying to give the or hand the other team a victory but in this game it was two teams telling each other.. you take it, no we don't want it either so you take it. I think it's safe to say neither one of these two teams will be getting a whiff of anything even close to the Super Bowl... sorry cheeseheads. I do hope Rogers is okay because without him their season would come to screeching halt. I noticed all the cheeseheads at the Green Bay Press Gazette Packer forum are laying this loss at the feet of McCarthy again with most of them calling for his head.
Why aren't there any cheeseheads commenting here now? Where's ex-favre fan?
They are all pouting and holding their breath like good little ninnys. Smiled all day after that loss thinking about all the panties getting soiled by the cheeseheads. HA!
Pete Wendell

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Oct 11, 2010
viking woman wrote:
Words of wisdom from someone that doesn't know "a lot" is two words.
idea

Duluth, MN

#6 Oct 11, 2010
naw rodgers enjoys being sacked cause he is a
Just go away

United States

#7 Oct 11, 2010
Oh goody, the queenies fans feel better now that a rival had a bad day. Suppose you all better get busy making up excuses for tomorrow.
viking woman

United States

#8 Oct 11, 2010
Pete Wendell wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for crying out loud, is that the best you can come up with? what? I get an F cause you don't like the content?
Typo's are made on these threads daily, and people like you make them to, but the rest of us are not so shallow as to point them out to you, geezzz....
GGAL...

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#9 Oct 11, 2010
Psssssssst; tell Crosby to hit the upright, maybe then he makes it.
minjey

Austin, TX

#10 Oct 11, 2010
The NFL needs to find a better way to protect the quarterbacks. When you lose players like a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Aaron Rogers, it hurts the game. I hear defensive linemen complain that quarterbacks are coddled. But by the nature of the position they are vulnerable -- even the ones built like linebackers.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 Oct 11, 2010
minjey wrote:
The NFL needs to find a better way to protect the quarterbacks. When you lose players like a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Aaron Rogers, it hurts the game. I hear defensive linemen complain that quarterbacks are coddled. But by the nature of the position they are vulnerable -- even the ones built like linebackers.
I think QBs should play in a big topless cage or plexiglass enclosure just low enough to allow them to pass (4-5 feet high) that has a sensor. Unless the QB passes before a defender touches the enclosure, it is a sack. I know some people will think this is excessive, but we're headed there anyway. The NFL doesn't want the QBs to be touched. This is the logical way to feminize, oops, I mean protect the QBs.
packerhacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#12 Oct 11, 2010
minjey wrote:
AR is not in the same league as brady and peyton manning, he has not even won a division!!! He lost his only playoff game!!!!
Pete Wendell

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Oct 12, 2010
viking woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for crying out loud, is that the best you can come up with? what? I get an F cause you don't like the content?
Typo's are made on these threads daily, and people like you make them to, but the rest of us are not so shallow as to point them out to you, geezzz....
GGAL...
Actually I thought the rest of your post was even more ridiculous and idiotic.
Wiscpurplefan

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Oct 12, 2010
Concussions can be a career ending injury. Let's hope he recovers quickly. Rodgers is a good, not great QB. I like the way he plays the game though. He's a tough kid and I expect him back to play the Purple. Doesn't have to worry about Jared Allen this year because he has not shown up yet. Got married and got soft.
normallylikeyell ow

University Park, PA

#15 Oct 12, 2010
40for60 wrote:
Psssssssst; tell Crosby to hit the upright, maybe then he makes it.
Surprised we didn't challenge it. Most of our challenges are about that sensible.
Ted

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Oct 12, 2010
Pete Wendell wrote:
<quoted text>
You are no better. Should be someone WHO doesn't.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#17 Oct 12, 2010
normallylikeyellow wrote:
<quoted text> Surprised we didn't challenge it. Most of our challenges are about that sensible.
LOL

Did you see what Klink came up with for a first play?
They practiced all week to get that ineligible receiver(brett) down field.
Hey, coming out of a timeout with twelve men is one thing, but really, design the first fricken play to be a penalty?
How about we swap? See if they are both equally inept.
Davis

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Oct 12, 2010
I think Rogers is well on his way to a great career, barring more injuries.

But you have to wonder about a team that loses its tight end for two weeks all because he did the Lambeau leap wrong!
normallylikeyell ow

University Park, PA

#19 Oct 21, 2010
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Did you see what Klink came up with for a first play?
They practiced all week to get that ineligible receiver(brett) down field.
Hey, coming out of a timeout with twelve men is one thing, but really, design the first fricken play to be a penalty?
How about we swap? See if they are both equally inept.
Good idea. That way you can lose a game by lining up someone over the center on a punt after a crucial third down stop. Wasn't this in Dallas's game plan?
LOL

Tampa, FL

#21 Oct 21, 2010
viking woman wrote:
<quoted text>
GGAL...
You should know that Pete thinks a Topix comment is a college thesis.
He is still attending the University of Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Portis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Concussions an occupational hazard for NFL players (Nov '09) Oct '13 ALZADOISGOD 4
dan_steinberg (Mar '13) Mar '13 btb64 1
dan_steinberg (Oct '12) Oct '12 Eighthman 6
After Jets Flap, NFL Reminds Clubs Of Media Policy (Sep '10) Apr '12 kenam 17
Talk about Clinton Portis (Sep '11) Sep '11 Barberofdaville 1
Could Tiki Be a Redskin? (Mar '11) Mar '11 James Turner 1
Receiver Sidney Rice plans to test free agency,... (Mar '11) Mar '11 eric 19
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Clinton Portis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE