Dolphins' Vick gets promotion; Russel...

Dolphins' Vick gets promotion; Russell waived

There are 23 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 18, 2006, titled Dolphins' Vick gets promotion; Russell waived. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Dolphins wide receiver Marcus Vick, the brother of star Atlanta quarterback Michael Vick, was promoted Tuesday from the practice squad to the Dolphins' 53-man roster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Blue

Washington, DC

#1 Oct 18, 2006
Playoffs...Playoffs. Oh that Jim Mora tirade sounds so true today. Please, do not print how this team still has a shot at the playoffs. It is a waste of valuable print space. As a dedicated Fin Fan for oh so many years, these last 4 have been the toughest by far, especially after last year. I truly thought they would be moving in the right direction, however, when they neglected the o-line, and drafted a safey, passed on Brees for Culpepper, and brought in Mularkey I am not surprised that this team is in the position they are now. Yes, they could have built on some of the successes they started last season, but poor decisions have the team regressing, not progressing.
cocoa joe

United States

#2 Oct 18, 2006
Two (2) other teams have fired their offensive coordinators--Ravens & Cardinals. Come on Saban, they made it easier for you! Think of it this way, it may save your job.
DOLFAN8036

Bangall, NY

#3 Oct 18, 2006
Hey Saban good things come in 3s
how about getting rid of mularky???
and let him take the whole offense with him.....
Fin Fan NE

Omaha, NE

#4 Oct 18, 2006
It sure would have been nice to see Saban fire his offensive coordinator. Mularkey’s ability to call plays that kill drives is unbelievable. A bad player or a series of bad plays by a player can be overcome, but a bad coach that consistently calls the wrong plays usually can’t. It is really sad to see that defensively Miami ranks in the top 10 in a lot of categories and offensively we rank in the bottom 10 in all categories. End of the day, Capers…keeper, Mularkey…throw him back.
Thomas

Kingsport, TN

#5 Oct 18, 2006
Jim Fassell & Keith Rowan got whacked... Mularky's 4th quarter bought him another week. I cannot believe that again on 3rd & short we tried a deep handoff instead of a QB sneak or slamming the line.
Thomas

Kingsport, TN

#6 Oct 18, 2006
joe wrote:
Two (2) other teams have fired their offensive coordinators--Ravens & Cardinals. Come on Saban, they made it easier for you! Think of it this way, it may save your job.
Amen, Brother. Like Saban, hate Mularky. How do you guys feel about Capers so far? I think the D has been pretty good considering the banged up secondary.
allen means

United States

#7 Oct 18, 2006
I think the D has been luke-warm. Part of that is playing with a terrible offense, but they haven't generated turn-overs; they've given up lots of big plays; they haven't gotten to opposing quarterbacks, and they look, well, real old.
philip

Reston, VA

#8 Oct 18, 2006
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! These clowns will be lucky to win 4 more games. Can you say MAJOR OVERHAULING!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine the scores against the Bears and Colts. Holy smokes! That will be a nightmare.....
jedco-online

Atlanta, GA

#9 Oct 18, 2006
2 OC's fired this week - it should be 3!

When is saban going to cut the good ol boy crap and dump mularkey? The play calling is atrocious and the only time he can move the team is in the 4th quarter against prevent defenses - 0 points in the first half - GET REAL!
The Ref

Houston, TX

#10 Oct 18, 2006
allen means wrote:
I think the D has been luke-warm. Part of that is playing with a terrible offense, but they haven't generated turn-overs; they've given up lots of big plays; they haven't gotten to opposing quarterbacks, and they look, well, real old.
I agree, I don't think the defense is better than last year, not sure if it is the coach or the team getting older, but they don't seem like they can get to the QB this year, watch when they blitz, it always seems the other teams off. picks it up every time.... count on one "HUGE" pass interference call per game.....
Thomas

Kingsport, TN

#11 Oct 18, 2006
The Ref wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I don't think the defense is better than last year, not sure if it is the coach or the team getting older, but they don't seem like they can get to the QB this year, watch when they blitz, it always seems the other teams off. picks it up every time.... count on one "HUGE" pass interference call per game.....
What I don't get is that when the opposing QB hits a receiver quickly, the guy is open by 5 yards. Madison is horrible in NY, so I don't necessarily think we dropped in quality by losing him, but why when we blitz on 3rd and 6, why are the DB's giving 10 yards of cushion? I think that's the main thing that frustrates me with this D. Other than that, it's been decent, like you said.
Dex

United States

#12 Oct 18, 2006
playoffs? They can't even beat anybody and thinking about playoffs? Whatever, they might as well hang it up and play against canadian football league or maybe yet play flag football or hang out with ricky get high coz they all sucks!!!
Tony D

Arvada, CO

#13 Oct 18, 2006
Blue wrote:
Playoffs...Playoffs. Oh that Jim Mora tirade sounds so true today. Please, do not print how this team still has a shot at the playoffs. It is a waste of valuable print space. As a dedicated Fin Fan for oh so many years, these last 4 have been the toughest by far, especially after last year. I truly thought they would be moving in the right direction, however, when they neglected the o-line, and drafted a safey, passed on Brees for Culpepper, and brought in Mularkey I am not surprised that this team is in the position they are now. Yes, they could have built on some of the successes they started last season, but poor decisions have the team regressing, not progressing.
My thoughts exactly
unknown

Sumter, SC

#14 Oct 18, 2006
young vick should have already been starting Saban job should be for opening do yo thing young vick
Rumble Fish 21

United States

#15 Oct 18, 2006
Why dos'nt everyone just do What I have choose to do Stop letting this season bother you so badly and just route for the team each week as a fan and stop letting it ruin your sundays.The truth is they have alot of problems and more than half of the blame has to fall on the players like Ronnie bronw runnig up to the line on 4th and 1 and turning his back and trying to push he did that more than once boy that steamed me and the recievers dropped how many passes players are not preforming that may be a coaching problem but what are you supposed to do I know what I would do I would fire me somebody I would certianly be canned if I did'nt preform at my job. Players need to play and the coaches need to put the fear of God in the players and not let them take for granted that they will always be able to sip mia-tias on south beach no matter how they play.
Dex

United States

#16 Oct 18, 2006
Ronnie Brown sucks!!!
DallasFinFan

Haltom City, TX

#17 Oct 18, 2006
I didn't watch the game for a few days cuz I hate the jets.... losing to those scum bags really sux... but what I saw was pretty shaky play in the first half.... they need to start a game with the no huddle and passing on first down,,,, get some rythym going and beat somebody.... if the offense scores over 21.... they will win.... if not.... they lose.... simple as that
Rumble Fish 21

United States

#18 Oct 19, 2006
DallasFinFan wrote:
I didn't watch the game for a few days cuz I hate the jets.... losing to those scum bags really sux... but what I saw was pretty shaky play in the first half.... they need to start a game with the no huddle and passing on first down,,,, get some rythym going and beat somebody.... if the offense scores over 21.... they will win.... if not.... they lose.... simple as that
I agree 21 is the magic #
picarboo

Hollywood, FL

#19 Oct 19, 2006
the miami dolphins should sign him long time ago but they cut him they lucky he didn't get a contract with another team if he played sunday he will help wes welker to a lot because on the left side.
picarboo

Hollywood, FL

#20 Oct 19, 2006
you right vick should start for the team he is the future in miami.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cliff Russell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vick is cool and confident (Oct '06) Oct '06 jdilly 32
News WR Vick promoted from Dolphins practice squad (Oct '06) Oct '06 jlb 32
More from around the web