Joey was a cap casualty

Joey was a cap casualty

There are 3 comments on the Pittsburgh Steelers story from Mar 1, 2007, titled Joey was a cap casualty. In it, Pittsburgh Steelers reports that:

It wasn't done because his play was judged to be slipping. It wasn't done because of the rumblings he made last offseason about wanting a new contract.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Steelers.

hugo rivera

Milford, CT

#1 Mar 2, 2007
steelers are going nowhere without joey you need him
Greg D

San Diego, CA

#2 Mar 2, 2007
They got rid of Porter before they even know who is going to take his spot! Don't look for the Steelers to be nay better than 8 and 8 for the next few years!

Since: Jan 07

Hermitage, PA

#3 Mar 2, 2007
You have no idea of what the hell your talking about. It wasn't the cap or his performance. The Steeler management is and has been stupid and once again the proved it. It's something to be both dumb and cheap.
Joey Porter is a reminder of the essence of Bill Cowher and he would always be a reminder and a thorn in the side of this pretender new coach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clark Haggans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2011 Preview By The Numbers: Steelers @ Arizona... (Mar '11) Mar '11 stinky 1
News Cardinals DE Bertrand Berry goes home with groi... (Sep '08) Sep '08 pfft 1
News LaBoy keys Cardinals' rebuilt pass rush (Sep '08) Sep '08 Yeah 4
News Agent says Haggans won't rule out return to Ste... (Mar '08) Mar '08 18 and DONE 51
News Steelers' Haggans probably moving on (Jan '08) Jan '08 PRINCESS 1
News Tonight's game (Dec '07) Dec '07 BETTIS WHO 1
I want to know! (Oct '07) Oct '07 Gardultobbogan 1
More from around the web