Ravens keep T. Smith on roster -

Ravens keep T. Smith on roster -

There are 23 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Sep 2, 2007, titled Ravens keep T. Smith on roster -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

If Troy Smith proved anything this preseason, it was his ability to scramble out of trouble.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bobby

United States

#1 Sep 2, 2007
Sign Byron Leftwich.
Rich

Towson, MD

#2 Sep 2, 2007
I like the roster - particularly the move to keep the kicker Lloyd - he could make a difference to this club because with a defense like ours and an offense that still - I believe - will put an emphasis on ball control - having a guy who can kick the ball in the end zone and prevent run backs is HUGE. Only move I did not agree with is the one where they kept Devard Darling over the kid Willis - Matt Willis is his name I think. I really liked what I saw from this guy and it looks like - in contrast to butterfingers Darling - he can hold on to the ball. I hope they keep Willis on the practice squad - I've never been a fan of Devard - shows me nothing and sucks up a roster spot - in my opinion -
Raven-4-Life

Chattanooga, TN

#3 Sep 2, 2007
I told some of you that Troy will make the roster. Now as for Byron, sorry I wouldn't want him as of right now. Knowing our O-line we need someone who can scamble out a little faster, plus he takes so long to launch the ball, in this game you have to get it out quick.
John

Rising Sun, MD

#4 Sep 2, 2007
The only reason that Devard Darling beat out Matt Willis was Special teams. I like Matt Willis too, I beleive he will make the Practice Squad.
babaganuche

Baltimore, MD

#5 Sep 2, 2007
troy smith is a waste of a roster spot the only reason he is still on the team is the excitement generated by by drafting the heisman trophy...what a shame,what a shame indeed.
Ben Dover

United States

#6 Sep 2, 2007
Raven-4-Life wrote:
I told some of you that Troy will make the roster. Now as for Byron, sorry I wouldn't want him as of right now. Knowing our O-line we need someone who can scamble out a little faster, plus he takes so long to launch the ball, in this game you have to get it out quick.
Thats only because you know nothing about the NFL.The Ravens should sign Leftwich now to get him a year to learn their system.You think Boller is the future?WRONG! You are way off.Tell use how many mobile qb'S have won a SB?DO US FAVOR AND CHANGE YOUR NAME TO DUMB A$$ 4 LIFE
Ben Dover

United States

#7 Sep 2, 2007
WHERE IS HILLSBORO,MD?
Randy

Elkton, VA

#8 Sep 2, 2007
We'll not know who's a genious or who's the goof until the season gets under way.
Monday Monday

United States

#9 Sep 2, 2007
I like the cuts that were made. They were pretty much true to script. My qualms are Darling over Moore(Darling made it because of special teams. I hope he does hold on to the ball.). I think(from what little I saw of him, because quarterbacks werent throwing to him...and he was open most of the time.) Damien Linson should have at least been signed to the practice squad. I know you all may disagree but the guy Willis played with Olson in college and Olson had that huge game. Just watching the game you wouldn't see it but really watching the film will tell you Linson cought everything thrown to him.
champ

Bel Air, MD

#10 Sep 2, 2007
Bobby wrote:
Sign Byron Leftwich.
That's funny - get caught up in a bidding war for an injury prone backup QB that's marginally better than the backup we already have.

Since: Jul 07

Santa Barbara,Ca

#11 Sep 3, 2007
OK Time to get the season started!....i am totally excited about what this year will bring!...Leftwich is DONE we don't need another Done QB....Darling made the team on his special team play,i hope keeping Troy will benefit our team,he did look better out there against Atlanta, i was always a Redman supporter and it was nice to see him play,even if it was against us,Boller is the future though,and i hope to see him excel this year!! he had some good LONG passes against ATL.I hope Troy can learn from Kyle....and keeping that long kicker was a great move,takes a little pressure off our Stover machine, and field position means an awful lot in this game....Good luck to our team this year!! UNDEFEATED-SUPERBOWL Bound......
Brian

Odenton, MD

#12 Sep 3, 2007
Rich wrote:
I like the roster - particularly the move to keep the kicker Lloyd - he could make a difference to this club because with a defense like ours and an offense that still - I believe - will put an emphasis on ball control - having a guy who can kick the ball in the end zone and prevent run backs is HUGE. Only move I did not agree with is the one where they kept Devard Darling over the kid Willis - Matt Willis is his name I think. I really liked what I saw from this guy and it looks like - in contrast to butterfingers Darling - he can hold on to the ball. I hope they keep Willis on the practice squad - I've never been a fan of Devard - shows me nothing and sucks up a roster spot - in my opinion -
I would like to ditto the comment about Lloyd. Stover is not getting any younger and will probably retire in the next few years. If Lloyd can be groomed as the field goal kicker of the future it will pay huge benefits for the Ravens because they depend so much on field goals for scoring. Plus he can atempt long range kicks if need be. Could be the difference in winning or losing a close game at the end.
Kevin

New York, NY

#13 Sep 3, 2007
leftwich is not a good fit for the ravens right now. he takes 5 minutes to wind up and release the ball. the way our offensive line protects thats about 4 minutes 59 seconds too long. but signing leftwich and cutting boller would give us three black quarterbacks- maybe ozzie would finally be happy.
Raven-4-Life

Chattanooga, TN

#14 Sep 3, 2007
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats only because you know nothing about the NFL.The Ravens should sign Leftwich now to get him a year to learn their system.You think Boller is the future?WRONG! You are way off.Tell use how many mobile qb'S have won a SB?DO US FAVOR AND CHANGE YOUR NAME TO DUMB A$$ 4 LIFE
Ben Over is your name, what side are you on and what are you smoking, your dog didn't lick your butt last night? You blowing up on me because of my comment, you're the one so call Raven fan I would love to hit between the nervous system. Let me guess you think Byron is a better suitor than Tom Brady too. Hala fool..
Raven-4-Life

Chattanooga, TN

#15 Sep 3, 2007
Ben Over - I didn't speak of a Super Bowl so get off of that, you obviously didn't read a majority of people here stating a simular statement as I. Plus you hurt my feelings, now I'm crying on my purple blanket, I'm so hurt, boohoohoo.
Tom

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#16 Sep 3, 2007
Raven-4-Life wrote:
<quoted text>
Ben Over is your name, what side are you on and what are you smoking, your dog didn't lick your butt last night? You blowing up on me because of my comment, you're the one so call Raven fan I would love to hit between the nervous system. Let me guess you think Byron is a better suitor than Tom Brady too. Hala fool..
You think you are the biggest Ravens fan and know everything moron.?(Look at me, Look at me)Go back to PA. Ben is right.that's what we will call you from know on.
babaganuche

Baltimore, MD

#17 Sep 3, 2007
Raven-4-Life wrote:
Ben Over - I didn't speak of a Super Bowl so get off of that, you obviously didn't read a majority of people here stating a simular statement as I. Plus you hurt my feelings, now I'm crying on my purple blanket, I'm so hurt, boohoohoo.
so what makes you think you can judge quarterbacks troy smith is the 93rd best quarterback this season with a 49 percent qb rating {according to cbs sportsline}youre future is here steeler fan oops i mean ravens fan he should have at least done something to have that kind of blind faith inn him
Raven-4-Life

Chattanooga, TN

#18 Sep 3, 2007
Okay enough is enough first off, I'll apologize for getting everyone so fired up and second of all you're right you say I judge QB's with a 49 percent rating you should read what you write before quoting me I think you're making judgement yourself. Second, yes I live in PA twenty minutes border of Hagerstown, MD because the housing is a little bit reasonable so if you want to insult me that's fine but don't ever call me a Sqeeler fan I take that very personal. So again I'm going to say I am sorry for the my bad statement.
Randy

Elkton, VA

#19 Sep 4, 2007
I thought I'd get a jump on everybody else just before the season starts. Here goes.....That damn Boller! He needs to be out of the NFL. I've never seen anyone as stupid, incapable, uncoordinated and impossible to coach as he is. At least Elvis Grbac...no wait, at least Tony Banks...no, no hold on, Scott Mitchell was...and Stoney Case he could errrr....let me get back to you guys.
Randy

Elkton, VA

#20 Sep 4, 2007
This just in, thousands of Muslims in Kirkut, Iraq took to the streets today protesting Kyle Boller as a Ravens' quarterback. Police fired tear gas and water cannons to disperse crowds who chanted "Death to America, Death to Kyle Boller, Death to Brian Billick." Stores were looted, women were stampeded and cattle raped while officials were quick to blame both President Bush for his lack of response and Kyle Boller for looking forward to a great final season. It is abundantly clear that the people of Kirkut need some type of employment as anything is justification for taking to the streets. In Gaza, Palestinian protestors hurled rocks at Israeli soldiers who were spotted wearing Kyle Boller jerseys. A spokesman for Hamas indicated that his people will not be taunted by Zionists wearing Kyle Boller jerseys and promised more violence will follow until the the Israelis remove the jerseys. the Taliban is threatening Afghanistan by putting Kyle Boller in power once Boller's contractual commitments to the Ravens end. A Taliban spokesman for Kyle Boller said, while they hadn't spoken to the young quarterback, they hoped to have a dialogue going before mid-season. Finally, a Nigerian man has implicated Kyle Boller in an e-mail scam which bilked thousands of dollars from people who would pay to beat Kyle Boller with a piece of split bamboo once the Nigerian President's grandfather passed away, leaving his estate to a lawyer representing the Presidential family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clarence Moore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Best and worst of Kyle Boller (Sep '08) Sep '08 The Curse 4
News Boller takes his bumps on road (Dec '07) Dec '07 ROB 7
News Worst, best of Boller (Nov '07) Nov '07 BLOCKSTARZ 16
News Not ready for prime time? (Nov '07) Nov '07 Jimmy Swift 6
News Ravens roster at a glance - (Sep '07) Sep '07 Ravens_Flock 6
News Ravens camp update - (Aug '07) Aug '07 franko 1
News Ravens camp update - (Aug '07) Aug '07 itssteeven 1
More from around the web